Speculations Zoro does not have Adv CoC / CoC Coating. Yet.

Does Zoro have Conqueror's Coating?

• Total voters
they don't touch if the other party is using it to attack or defend
a lil correction: the not touch part still happens even if the other party isnt using it or dont have it
example is BM clapping Page 1

tho we have also example of Kaido making direct contact in 2 instances(against Luffy and Kinemon)
then again he did a no contact clash with Luffy
so tldr; hacky system is a mess :zehaha:

So a lot of people seem to think that Zoro has already developed Adv CoC, but I really don't think that's the case so I'll try to break it down, keep in mind of course that it is just my opinion on how Wano is presented.

First and foremost, Conqueror's Coating has had an incredibly strong portrayal in the story. Only Yonkou tiers have shown to use it at will. And a proper Conqueror's Coating clash of top tiers always comes with a sky splitting. I think it's fair to say that Oda has reserved Conqueror's Coating for those who truly lie at the top. And right now Wano is definitely the point in the story where we see this happen live, but most importantly, it's showcased through the fight of Luffy vs Kaido. And personally, I don't think Zoro is up there with these people yet.

Second point is that Luffy just learned how to control his Conqueror's Coating. So in this arc, thematically, using Conqueror's Coating is showcased to be a necessity to defeating Kaido, it is central to the theme of Wano of being the point in Luffy's journey were he can finally stand up to a Yonkou, and his newfound usage of CoC is directly correlated with that. Conqueror's Haki right now has everything to do with Luffy vs Kaido, and nothing to do with Zoro. Having Zoro also awaken Conqueror's Coating this short of a time between Luffy and him would weaken Luffy's theme and struggle. We JUST learn this arc that Zoro has Conqueror's too, so I don't think we should precipitate ourselves already and claim that he also advanced it to the next level. Luffy deserves the spotlight and theme of having a superior Conqueror's Haki, and Zoro earning the exact same powerup would take away from this from a narrative standpoint.

And finally, the mammoth in the room, what the hell was Asura if not AdvCoC? Well, for starters, Kaido didn't comment on Zoro having coating, nor was he as shocked and glad as he was with Luffy awakening it, he simply commented on it being CoC. So right off the bat it can't be a proper display of Advanced CoC, it must've been a more dormant, lower level version of it. Which is actually something we've already seen happen with Zoro multiples times. Against Mr. 1, he was able to use Armament Haki and some argue that Observation as well, but wasn't able to use it at will, even against Enel. He displayed the potential of Haki, but not yet the ability to control and properly unleash it. And this might be what's happening here too.

So personally, will Zoro learn Adv CoC by the end of Wano? I don't think so. If we look at the fight between Kaido and Luffy, Luffy coating his Conqueror's is crucial here since Kaido is a direct obstacle in him becoming Pirate King. To finally stand up to and defeat one of the strongest Yonkou requires from Luffy the strongest will to conquer, it's a perfect thematic stepup for Luffy. For Zoro? King doesn't really mean that much, he doesn't even consider himself a swordsmen.
I think it's more likely that Zoro will learn Conqueror's Coating against his fight with Mihawk.

If I'm wrong though, I'll gladly take the L.
:zosleepy:
Lmao 😐

So you're explanation for your denial (absurd I know), is to show us 8 AdCoC users clashing against each other and splitting the sky?

So Einstein tell me, if it coats your weapon/body like it does with the 8 AdCoC users and it releases lightening like sparks before (and during contact)....what is it?

You're either salty, can't understand what you're reading, can't read or just straight up in denial 🤷🏾‍♂️

:seriously:

a lil correction: the not touch part still happens even if the other party isnt using it or dont have it
example is BM clapping Page 1

tho we have also example of Kaido making direct contact in 2 instances(against Luffy and Kinemon)
then again he did a no contact clash with Luffy
so tldr; hacky system is a mess :zehaha:
i think not touch part is Because of ryou not AdCoC yamato has AdCoC but don't have Ryou she also don't have mot touching attacks

If you are waiting for Zoro vs King's sky splitting moment, then that wont happen. Now, if you are going to use that as an excuse that Zoro's CoC is < Luffy's CoC, that is wrong. It is so obvious what these people want to do with these agenda threads.

Yes, Luffy can do it better because he is MC and will outperform his peers, Zoro is also doing great and closest to Luffy in terms of power.

I said earlier, your precious power scaling wont be disturbed because Luffy us got another advantage and that is his DF.

Strongest in the One Piece universe will be:

1) advCoC, DF awakening (Luffy, Kaido, Big Mom etc)
2) advCoC and swordsmen (Shanks, Mihawk, Zoro)
3) advCoA users and top grade DF users

So, be patient, your favorite character (assuming Luffy), is still stronger than Zoro, but on equal footing if you exclude Luffy's DF.

If you are waiting for Zoro vs King's sky splitting moment, then that wont happen. Now, if you are going to use that as an excuse that Zoro's CoC is < Luffy's CoC, that is wrong. It is so obvious what these people want to do with these agenda threads.

Yes, Luffy can do it better because he is MC and will outperform his peers, Zoro is also doing great and closest to Luffy in terms of power.

I said earlier, your precious power scaling wont be disturbed because Luffy us got another advantage and that is his DF.

Strongest in the One Piece universe will be:

1) advCoC, DF awakening (Luffy, Kaido, Big Mom etc)
2) advCoC and swordsmen (Shanks, Mihawk, Zoro)
3) advCoA users and top grade DF users

So, be patient, your favorite character (assuming Luffy), is still stronger than Zoro, but on equal footing if you exclude Luffy's DF.
Luffy > Zoro currently or EoS, but don't see Zoro not surpassing current Yonkos by EoS :goyea:

Likewise, Luffy will be considerably over them (Kaido/BM) rather than being on par. Surpassing Roger and all.

Luffy and Katakuri having black lightning during their clash is the same as Luffy and Ulti, its 2 totally different things to advCoC and you know it.
No touching is if you're using CoC alongside your internal destruction. There are multiple examples of CoC coathing making contact, and I've showed you two very large page ones. Should be zero questions regarding that.

There's a distinct difference between having black lightning during your clashes and CoA coated attacks, and having a single line of CoC lightning emerging out of your weapon that is not even coated in CoA hardening, as per the last panel I posted. No one cares about black lightning only, it's the distinct haki leak that leaves Zoro's non-armament coated blades. It's clear as day with zero comparisons of same happening for CoA in history of OP.

Can you post whatever Katakuri panel you speak of?

There's a huge difference between whatever he did, and this:

From the narrative, to the context (PU), to the visuals. Literally everything practically screams ACoC. This is about as clear as crystal and obvious display of CoC coating as one can possibly imagine... there's a reason why this thread is close to 100 votes on yes and 0 on none. There's a reason why even people with heavily biased agendas like Ndule and Erkan aren't shittalking it so lol.

I still don't comprehend how some folks like you question it.

You're comparing the clear-cut CoC coating leaking directly out of his weapon as shown above to shits like CoA clashes and scattered lightning ._.

Panel above: Lower left panel, lightning from Kata's arm before the clash.

Panel below: upper left panel, Luffy's fist generate lightning.

Panel below: Kata's fist making black lightning again without need to clash.

Oden fought using Enma easily while taming Enma which absorbed Oden's CoC and CoA. While sparring WB in "Enma-taming" condition, Oden didnt release black lightning except while clashing against WB.

while Zoro reached this "fighting while taming" stage after he decided to constantly going all-out and sacrificing his entire life just to pass Enma's test.

No one in the manga said that CoC Coating is depicted by black lightning. No one said that CoC Coating is lightning without clash while basic CoC is lightning only when clashing.

Rayleigh said, instead, that CoC is the ability ro defeat enemies without touching them. Defeating unworthy fodder by fodder knock, and defeating strong enemy by no-touch also. The no-touch is whats hyped by portrayal, while the lightning is vague hype about the person having CoC.

Kaidou's Ragnarok didnt have no-touch zone, but we can only know that Kaidou used CoC Coating due to Luffy confirming it. Luffy in 1010 also used no-touch zone visually, which is confirmed by Law (they're not touching) as a sign of CoC Coating. No one said anything about black lightning.

King didn't say "you can coat your weapon in Adv CoC like my boss?" He didn't say "Your CoC technique is better than before", but King said "so you try to become King/Conqueror as well?" "So you have Kingly Ambition (CoC) as well?" Theres no confirmation about CoC Coating here. There is fodder knock which is basic CoC, there is King stating that Zoro has basic CoC (try? To become king? Just trying instead of reaching? Etc etc not confirming AdvCoC Coat), and there is black lightning which is a sign of unclear levels of CoC.

This is why i don't "question a clear portrayal" since i dont consider this as a clear portrayal at all of CoC Coating. If anything, what Zoro used is fodder knock CoC to his surroundings, and CoC depicted in his weapon by his black lightning. If you said this screamed CoC Coating, many of Zoro's faction said that Asura in 1010 was CoC Coating as well even without black lightning or no-touch zone. This is a kind of double standard and full of agenda imo. There are like 5-6 different threads in this forum wanking a single theme of Zoro having AdvCoC, even tho it's a waste. Imo theres no reason people should be this obsessive if only they are dead sure about Zoro gaining CoC Coating. Theres no reason to call people with different opinion (like me?) as having agendas either, while 10 threads about Zoro's CoC Coating is left without even any merging etc.

---

Tldr: i' not sure whether Zoro's CoC is Coating or not, except if there's some more form of confirmation during Zoro's fight in the upcoming chapters.

Last edited:

It brings tears to me that the whole WG all agree on something about Zoro :josad:
Post automatically merged:

Panel above: Lower left panel, lightning from Kata's arm before the clash.

Panel below: upper left panel, Luffy's fist generate lightning.

Panel below: Kata's fist making black lightning again without need to clash.

Oden fought using Enma easily while taming Enma which absorbed Oden's CoC and CoA. While sparring WB in "Enma-taming" condition, Oden didnt release black lightning except while clashing against WB.

while Zoro reached this "fighting while taming" stage after he decided to constantly going all-out and sacrificing his entire life just to pass Enma's test.

No one in the manga said that CoC Coating is depicted by black lightning. No one said that CoC Coating is lightning without clash while basic CoC is lightning only when clashing.

Rayleigh said, instead, that CoC is the ability ro defeat enemies without touching them. Defeating unworthy fodder by fodder knock, and defeating strong enemy by no-touch also. The no-touch is whats hyped by portrayal, while the lightning is vague hype about the person having CoC.

Kaidou's Ragnarok didnt have no-touch zone, but we can only know that Kaidou used CoC Coating due to Luffy confirming it. Luffy in 1010 also used no-touch zone visually, which is confirmed by Law (they're not touching) as a sign of CoC Coating. No one said anything about black lightning.

King didn't say "you can coat your weapon in Adv CoC like my boss?" He didn't say "Your CoC technique is better than before", but King said "so you try to become King/Conqueror as well?" "So you have Kingly Ambition (CoC) as well?" Theres no confirmation about CoC Coating here. There is fodder knock which is basic CoC, there is King stating that Zoro has basic CoC (try? To become king? Just trying instead of reaching? Etc etc not confirming AdvCoC Coat), and there is black lightning which is a sign of unclear levels of CoC.

This is why i don't "question a clear portrayal" since i dont consider this as a clear portrayal at all of CoC Coating. If anything, what Zoro used is fodder knock CoC to his surroundings, and CoC depicted in his weapon by his black lightning. If you said this screamed CoC Coating, many of Zoro's faction said that Asura in 1010 was CoC Coating as well even without black lightning or no-touch zone. This is a kind of double standard and full of agenda imo. There are like 5-6 different threads in this forum wanking a single theme of Zoro having AdvCoC, even tho it's a waste. Imo theres no reason people should be this obsessive if only they are dead sure about Zoro gaining CoC Coating. Theres no reason to call people with different opinion (like me?) as having agendas either, while 10 threads about Zoro's CoC Coating is left without even any merging etc.

---

Tldr: i' not sure whether Zoro's CoC is Coating or not, except if there's some more form of confirmation during Zoro's fight in the upcoming chapters.
By your logic Kaidou never confirmed that Yamato never COC-coating either, so does she have COC-Coating or not?

Last edited:

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
No touching is if you're using CoC alongside your internal destruction.
No touching = adcoc (Infusion) + adcoa (internal destruction) + coa (armament)
Big Mom used it on Page One, Roger and Whitebeard used it against each other. Atleast that was what I thought until I re-read chapter 1010 and came across the panel below

This is Luffy using the "no touching" haki and it doesn't look like he cladded his attack/defence in coa. If anything it felt like Luffy used a basic attack + adcoc.

There is also this panel where Luffy seemingly used adcoc + armament + internal destruction but yet there was no touching

No touching = adcoc (Infusion) + adcoa (internal destruction) + coa (armament)
Big Mom used it on Page One, Roger and Whitebeard used it against each other. Atleast that was what I thought until I re-read chapter 1010 and came across the panel below

This is Luffy using the "no touching" haki and it doesn't look like he cladded his attack/defence in coa. If anything it felt like Luffy used a basic attack + adcoc.

There is also this panel where Luffy seemingly used adcoc + armament + internal destruction but yet there was no touching
In the second panel you posted with Yamat, both are using ACoC yet both made contact with Kaido. There is touching. You can see impact mark as opposed to barrier mark.

If you just use Internal Destruction or Emission with ACoC, you perform the no-touch thing.

Shisui

In the second panel you posted with Yamat, both are using ACoC yet both made contact with Kaido. There is touching. You can see impact mark as opposed to barrier mark.

If you just use Internal Destruction or Emission with ACoC, you perform the no-touch thing.
That was my point, not sure about Yamato but Luffy clearly used adcoc + internal destruction + armament but touched Kaido. Why is that??

The first panel showed Luffy using a basic attack + adcoc but didn't touch Kaido. why is that?? No emission, no internal destruction but a simple attack infused with adcoc

That was my point, not sure about Yamato but Luffy clearly used adcoc + internal destruction + armament but touched Kaido. Why is that??

The first panel showed Luffy using a basic attack + adcoc but didn't touch Kaido. why is that?? No emission, no internal destruction but a simple attack infused with adcoc
What makes you say he's clearly using internal destruction? He's coated in CoA, but it doesn't have to be internal destruction.
Post automatically merged:

What's your guys' opinion on Asura = ACoC?
No. He just used innate/traditional CoC during that attack. There are no visuals or black lightning.

Shisui

What makes you say he's clearly using internal destruction? He's coated in CoA, but it doesn't have to be internal destruction.
I am assuming Luffy isn't an idiot. He is the one waffling on how Internal destruction is the key to defeating Kaido. I assumed he has been using internal destruction in every one of his attacks on Kaido.

You said no touching = adcoc + internal destruction + emission. Explain how Luffy did it without using emission or internal destruction on the first panel I posted

Just gonna copy paste my comment here
The whole "only not touching your opponents" = AdvCOC is dumb af
Oda is not gonna fucking draw everyfucking panel between COC-users not touching eachother. Like fuck the first time AdvCOC was presented, Ragnarok fucking hit Luffy right in his fucking ball. Did Kaidou use AdvCOC then?
The whole "not touching" is just for the dramatic effect. It's not gonna happen everytime a COC user uses an advCOC attack.

Zoro has Haoshoku coating the blacklighting that Kaido said that only an handful of powerful individual can use.

So the next question is what is advanced CoC? Luffy didnt use it, no one has use it (maybe Shanks will use it) but there is Asura.

Where does Asura come from, how does it works, and why have we see this form only for 1 character)

We know that there is no such thing as a coursed blade, we know that Zoro is just a human, so Asura has to be connected to pure will power.

We know that individual with a very high will power can split skies.

So what is Asura? I think that Asura is connected to Zoro's will power, it is the peak of Zoro will power. We know that Zoro has kingly ambition.

That tell me that Asura could be an advance form of Haoshoku Hacky which we havent see yet in the story.

What your opinion?