Zoro - Oden Parallels

What's more likely the point of these parallels?

• Zoro cuts Kaido like Oden did

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Zoro becomes the Strongest swordsman in Wano like Oden was

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Zoro surpasses Oden by making Enma black (in this arc)

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Zoro defeats Oden's betrayer Orochi

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Zoro gets with Oden's daughter

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Zoro teaches Oden's son a technique that he uses in a fight

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Zoro is Oden's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoro is a student of Oden's student Denjiro

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro will be lead Oden's scabbards as their general

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro ets Conquerers Haki like Oden

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
I

Inspector_Mu

You guys claim to be fans of Zoro yet at the same time always shitting of him everytime you bring up this comparison. Zoro is Zoro, Oden is Oden.

Oden:
- meh design
- cooks above dead person
- spamming "I want to open the border of Wano" speech
- fought 1 Top Tier and ended up dead already
- lost his country
- lost his wife
- lost his life

Zoro:
- good design
- respect dead person (when he sitting together with Brook in TB arc). He got angry too when people "laughed" at Yasuie's death
- has various epic speech. Not just repetitive open border crap. For example: "captain's burden is heavy", "nothing happened", "act like a man, Chopper", "you're fired", "captain's goal > my goal", "beast that won't bite", "if Usopp wants to return, he must return with an apology" and many more.
- fought 4 Top Tiers and still alive and healthy (Mihawk, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora)
- doesn't lose anything but his childhood friend.
Lol
Post automatically merged:

I forgot Zoro is so much as Oden that A fox stalemated him

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Given the chapter 961 scene, I think we can all agree Oda is making intentional parallels between Zoro and Oden

So given Oda is pushing for the parallels, what do you think will be the pay off for all this
Zoro will do what Oden couldnt.
The guy who returned the legendary Shusui to its original resting place will free Wano from the dark clouds that encircle it.
He will become the next Shogun of Wano. He will be offered that position and he will accept it once his voyage with SHs is over.
He will be the leader of Wano's military might while the political leader will be the Emperor Momonosuke.

While there are some similarities and parallels, I think they are very different characters.

He will become the next Shogun of Wano. He will be offered that position and he will accept it once his voyage with SHs is over.
He will be the leader of Wano's military might while the political leader will be the Emperor Momonosuke.
I don't think that he'd want to become Shogun, but the leader of Wano's military power seems interesting (he still can be one of the Daimyos, especially if he's Ushimaru's son).

:kayneshrug:He isnt a leader
He doesn't have anything like Luffy have with Oden

Just give it up
Oden = Samurai Luffy
Katakuri = Luffy 2.0 and matured
Shanks = Yonko Luffy
Roger = PK luffy
Kidd = Counterpart Luffy
You seem to forget Oden followed both WB and Roger.
You also seem to forget that WB, Kaido, BM, BB, Shanks, Shiki all followed people at some point in their lives.

If we go by you logic WB who followed someone would have never become equals with Roger

Being a leader doesnt mean you cant follow someone. Following someone also doesnt mean you cant be leader.

Also if everyone is Luffy then no one is Luffy.

The only person who has been said to be similar to Luffy is Roger. Multiple people said Luffy is similar to Roger. Everyone else that people say are similar to Luffy are headcanons.

Given the chapter 961 scene, I think we can all agree Oda is making intentional parallels between Zoro and Oden

1. The Boar cutting scene is constructed similarly to the Punk Hazard scene down to even Kin'emon being stuck to the boar with only his legs dangling off of it

2. Oden takes up a similar stance to Zoro's two sword techniques and uses a technique that is a Food pun

3. Of course both of them are the only tamers of Enma.

4. Zoro is stated to have the potential to even forge Enma black

5. Zoro is very involved in Oden's children’s plots, training Momo and potentially being Hiyori's love interest

6. Both traveled around Wano getting into fights with Yakuza and both garnered favor from Yasuie

7. Lastly of course Zoro has an intensified disdain for Orochi more than anyone else in the main cast.

So given Oda is pushing for the parallels, what do you think will be the pay off for all this
Imo there are more similarities between ryuma and Zoro than Oden and zoro.

Momo is the one that is similar to Oden.
Luffy is similar to roger
Zoro is similar to Ryuma

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I don't think that he'd want to become Shogun, but the leader of Wano's military power seems interesting (he still can be one of the Daimyos, especially if he's Ushimaru's son).
Shogun is the military leader but doesnt have to be the political leader as well.
Both Emperor and Shogun existed at the same time and depending on the period one or the other had more power.
The position of Daimyo is not something worth returning for to Wano after he becomes WSS but a position of the supreme military leader of the largest samurai army in the world might be something that picks Zoro's interest.

I agree that he probably wouldn't want to become Shogun and he cant become one yet but I think Momonosuke, the Scabbards, samurai and regular folk of Wano will ask him to become one. After they witness his supreme swordsmanship they would want to follow such man, just like Yasuie after he saw how Zoro handled the yakuza. Also, I think it would be good for Zoro's development that he finds another ambition besides wanting to become WSS and ambition to help Luffy become PK so he doesnt end up without a purpose once those two ambitions are fulfilled.

H

Homelander

You guys claim to be fans of Zoro yet at the same time always shitting of him everytime you bring up this comparison. Zoro is Zoro, Oden is Oden.

Oden:
- meh design
- cooks above dead person
- spamming "I want to open the border of Wano" speech
- fought 1 Top Tier and ended up dead already
- lost his country
- lost his wife
- lost his life

Zoro:
- good design
- respect dead person (when he sitting together with Brook in TB arc). He got angry too when people "laughed" at Yasuie's death
- has various epic speech. Not just repetitive open border crap. For example: "captain's burden is heavy", "nothing happened", "act like a man, Chopper", "you're fired", "captain's goal > my goal", "beast that won't bite", "if Usopp wants to return, he must return with an apology" and many more.
- fought 4 Top Tiers and still alive and healthy (Mihawk, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora)
- doesn't lose anything but his childhood friend.
Well there has to be heavy reason why oden ate on dead body. It does indicate he was close to the old guy.

Perhaps he meant to have last supper with him . Ya what oden did was mindblowing and not acceptable.

It was said before as well oden was wild at young age.

Compared to zoro, Zoro was raised in dojo. He learned displined life from koshirou.

Shogun is the military leader but doesnt have to be the political leader as well.
Both Emperor and Shogun existed at the same time and depending on the period one or the other had more power.
The position of Daimyo is not something worth returning for to Wano after he becomes WSS but a position of the supreme military leader of the largest samurai army in the world might be something that picks Zoro's interest.

I agree that he probably wouldn't want to become Shogun and he cant become one yet but I think Momonosuke, the Scabbards, samurai and regular folk of Wano will ask him to become one. After they witness his supreme swordsmanship they would want to follow such man, just like Yasuie after he saw how Zoro handled the yakuza. Also, I think it would be good for Zoro's development that he finds another ambition besides wanting to become WSS and ambition to help Luffy become PK so he doesnt end up without a purpose once those two ambitions are fulfilled.
I'm totally forgot about Emperor in Japan. Well, if Momo will add the new title of Emperor, then why not.

I

Inspector_Mu

You seem to forget Oden followed both WB and Roger.
You also seem to forget that WB, Kaido, BM, BB, Shanks, Shiki all followed people at some point in their lives.

If we go by you logic WB who followed someone would have never become equals with Roger

Being a leader doesnt mean you cant follow someone. Following someone also doesnt mean you cant be leader.

Also if everyone is Luffy then no one is Luffy.

The only person who has been said to be similar to Luffy is Roger. Multiple people said Luffy is similar to Roger. Everyone else that people say are similar to Luffy are headcanons.

Imo there are more similarities between ryuma and Zoro than Oden and zoro.

Momo is the one that is similar to Oden.
Luffy is similar to roger
Zoro is similar to Ryuma
You forgot Following doesnt change you are a leader
Zoro isn't a born leader nor does he have charm as any of the people you cited ...
he cant lead a crew successfully
Oda has never even labelled Strawhats after him.

Momo luffy Roger oden all have similarities

Zoro will do what Oden couldnt.
The guy who returned the legendary Shusui to its original resting place will free Wano from the dark clouds that encircle it.

While there are some similarities and parallels, I think they are very different characters.
Zoro is a wild beast. Like luffy he likes freedom. Being the shogun of wano is too much responsibility.
Eos I could see him wandering like mihawk looking for strong swordsman to defeat and keep improving his skills and strength.

Zoro is a wild beast. Like luffy he likes freedom. Being the shogun of wano is too much responsibility.
Eos I could see him wandering like mihawk looking for strong swordsman to defeat and keep improving his skills and strength.
But Mihawk was not looking for strong swordsman, he was just traveling around the world and killing his boredom. And like he said, it would be good development for him. Though i don't think that he agree even if Momo would beg for it, lol, but who knows.

But Mihawk was not looking for strong swordsman, he was just traveling around the world and killing his boredom. And like he said, it would be good development for him. Though i don't think that he agree even if Momo would beg for it, lol, but who knows.
Zoro is a pirate and a fighter, I'm pretty sure being the shogun would bore the hell out of him.
Except if oda wants to explore his relationship with hiyori. But even then I see him more as a mentor for momo.

You forgot Following doesnt change you are a leader
Zoro isn't a born leader nor does he have charm as any of 0the people you cited ...
he cant lead a crew successfully
Oda has never even labelled Strawhats after him.

Momo luffy Roger oden all have similarities
Let us take Shanksfor example, while he was following Roger what leadership qualities did he show?
Zoro has charm and leadership skills you just choose not to see it

H

Homelander

Well think eos zoro will be in pirate kings ship. I doubt he will go challenging people rather i see him invested into other thing once his wss ambition completes.

At best he will go back to dojo and train future swordsman. I dont see zoro wandering off like ryuma.

Well think eos zoro will be in pirate kings ship. I doubt he will go challenging people rather i see him invested into other thing once his wss ambition completes.

At best he will go back to dojo and train future swordsman. I dont see zoro wandering off like ryuma.
Most likely he'll return to Wano or start to wondering around the world.