Speculations Zoro vs Kaido

How likely do you think it is that Zoro gets a 1 vs 1 with Kaido while Luffy recovers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he meant it as they used their known final forms but Zoro hasn't used his yet.
That's a point not to underestimate indeed.

We have knowledge about Asura's existence and we can calc the likely odds it is there, which are close to one hundred percent. But new power ups? The odds are inevitably diminished albeit not crushed, and that applies to Luffy and Kidd as well. It's pretty simple.

It will be Nothing Happened 2.0. A character defining moment for Roronoa once more. This is the most desperate situation Zoro has found himself in since the Time-skip began.

We're about to witness the greatest acts of a Samurai: Protecting your liege with all your might. Luffy is Zoro's lord, the one he's forsaken his honor for, the one he's tirelessly trained for during the 2 years, and this arc is heavily steeped in displaying loyalty, and inner strength coming from it. The Scabbards lament how they could not protect Oden. Yasu spurred them on to be Oden's and Wano's guardians. Zoro will be just that for Wano and Luffy.

What will differ from Thriller Bark is that Luffy will witness Zoro's actions. He's already started to with Zoro repeatedly rescuing him. Another way is that Zoro lacked the strength and support to hold off Kuma, and only survived because Kuma honored his devotion. This time, though, Linlin and Kaido are resigned to killing the rookies no matter what. Zoro has the strength and support to fend them, at least for 10 minutes.

Many things can occur during these 10 minutes. Zoro unleashing Asura for the first time in over a decade, displaying Conqueror's haki. Kaido recognizing him as a powerful Samurai. Asura is due to Luffy already being compared to an eastern deity, with Zoro looking the same in Asura. Zoro's aura has been a plot point as early as Act 1, being compared to a confirmed Conqueror's haki user like Oden, and even Brook mentioning King's haki.

And of course, Kaido starting to notice Zoro more and more as the battle progresses. Actions speak louder than words, and Zoro's actions are beginning to ring loudly in Kaido's ears. He has been commenting and wondering about Zoro like he has the Scabbards. His evaluation of the latter was a resounding failure.

What will be his final mark on Zoro, I wonder?
Amazing analysis

Kaido asking Zoro for his name is one of my predictions for the 10 minutes.
:cheers:

@KiriNigiri explained it much better:

Honestly, I should leave Zoro character essays to you and just focus on wanking his combat feats and portrayal. :catsweat:

Do you mind if I adapt your post for the OP.

• Do you think Mama and Kaido will let Zoro sit out while the other SN fight?
  • After Kaido has been showing increased interest in Zoro?
:choppawhat:
Nop, they wont, thats why a 1v1 will depend on the other supernovas too. if they decide to ignore BM or Kaido while they focus on a single Yonko, the other will likely atack Zoro resulting in a 1v1.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
If Zoro can stall Hybrid Kaido 1v1 for just 10 minutes for Luffy to regained his haki back then I would gladly put Zoro above Kidd and Law. But we shall see.:kayneshrug:
He needs to do that much for you to consider putting Zoro above them?

Needs to stall hybrid Kaido (top 1) for 10 mins to be above Kidd or law?
:milaugh::milaugh:

And all you need for Law or Kidd to be above Zoro is to exsist ?

A bit based there, no?