Speculations Zoro vs Kaido

How likely do you think it is that Zoro gets a 1 vs 1 with Kaido while Luffy recovers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jo_Ndule

Re-tag me on every Zoro thread that counts as a W, just to laugh at noodle and the rest of the Zoro-obsessed haters lmao.
Oda loves Zoro.Deal with it.
:milaugh:yes

Zoro did better than Kawamatsu /kiku...nope

Zoro got hyped... nope
Enma isnt a PU....Yes, it is a Big PU
Zoro will wound Kaido badly ... did only papercut

But go on

Oda loves Zoro so much that Zoro did nothing except be Kinneon 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be Nothing Happened 2.0. A character defining moment for Roronoa once more. This is the most desperate situation Zoro has found himself in since the Time-skip began.

We're about to witness the greatest acts of a Samurai: Protecting your liege with all your might. Luffy is Zoro's lord, the one he's forsaken his honor for, the one he's tirelessly trained for during the 2 years, and this arc is heavily steeped in displaying loyalty, and inner strength coming from it. The Scabbards lament how they could not protect Oden. Yasu spurred them on to be Oden's and Wano's guardians. Zoro will be just that for Wano and Luffy.

What will differ from Thriller Bark is that Luffy will witness Zoro's actions. He's already started to with Zoro repeatedly rescuing him. Another way is that Zoro lacked the strength and support to hold off Kuma, and only survived because Kuma honored his devotion. This time, though, Linlin and Kaido are resigned to killing the rookies no matter what. Zoro has the strength and support to fend them, at least for 10 minutes.

Many things can occur during these 10 minutes. Zoro unleashing Asura for the first time in over a decade, displaying Conqueror's haki. Kaido recognizing him as a powerful Samurai. Asura is due to Luffy already being compared to an eastern deity, with Zoro looking the same in Asura. Zoro's aura has been a plot point as early as Act 1, being compared to a confirmed Conqueror's haki user like Oden, and even Brook mentioning King's haki.

And of course, Kaido starting to notice Zoro more and more as the battle progresses. Actions speak louder than words, and Zoro's actions are beginning to ring loudly in Kaido's ears. He has been commenting and wondering about Zoro like he has the Scabbards. His evaluation of the latter was a resounding failure.

What will be his final mark on Zoro, I wonder?
Really well written. This should be a thread on its own.
If it does turn into a Kuma 2.0, what do you think Zoro will do to protect his captain? Will he get an offer from Kaido to Join the beast pirates? Will they be saved by a third party?

This is because currently, even if Zoro is able to stall those 10 minutes before getting defeated, Luffy wouldn't be able to take on Kaido let alone adding Big Mom to the mix

If Zoro can stall Hybrid Kaido 1v1 for just 10 minutes for Luffy to regained his haki back then I would gladly put Zoro above Kidd and Law. But we shall see.:kayneshrug:
Why? Why does Zoro have to pull of such a massive feat to be put over pieces of dog turd like Law and Kidd when Zoros feats already shit on both Laws and Kidds?
Are you biased against Zoro lil homie?

Lmaoo this is just a teaser.
You think Law and Kidd look bad compare to Zoro now?
They would look dog shit in future chapters.

Oda hasn't even begun the true Zoro wank yet.
Oda is one of those type of people that will hold a big surprise for last. Since Law stated that he have "Surgical Death" in case Gamma Knife doesn't work on Kaido (which it didn't do that much damage against Kaido) and Counter Shock against Big Mom (also didn't do anything) so I think that Law is far from going all out. Kidd on the other hand seems underwhelming right now but Oda said that he have a big plan for him so I think that Kidd will shine in the future chapters. Just be patient. Everybody will shine.:cheers:

Oda is one of those type of people that will hold a big surprise for last. Since Law stated that he have "Surgical Death" in case Gamma Knife doesn't work on Kaido (which it didn't do that much damage against Kaido) and Counter Shock against Big Mom (also didn't do anything) so I think that Law is far from going all out. Kidd on the other hand seems underwhelming right now but Oda said that he have a big plan for him so I think that Kidd will shine in the future chapters. Just be patient. Everybody will shine.:cheers:
Everybody will shine but not even close to what Zoro would do.
Zoro only has one competition on the roof top supernovas and that is Luffy and so far Zoro is winning that competition.

Maybe. Kaido now entered his hybrid form so I think that everybody bar Luffy should go all out now.
Yeah lets see what goes on.

Btw I am 90% convinced Zoro > Dragon Kaido
Zoro can kill Dragon Kaido
He shuts down Boro breath
He can tank most of his attacks
He shuts down Kaido's twister
He treats his invisible wind scythes like fodder move

Kaido transformed into Hybrid because Zoro fucked him with Tatsumaki.

Yeah lets see what goes on.

Btw I am 90% convinced Zoro > Dragon Kaido
Zoro can kill Dragon Kaido
He shuts down Boro breath
He can tank most of his attacks
He shuts down Kaido's twister
He treats his invisible wind scythes like fodder move

Kaido transformed into Hybrid because Zoro fucked him with Tatsumaki.
Kaido never uses his hybrid form against Oden, hasn't he?

It will be Nothing Happened 2.0. A character defining moment for Roronoa once more. This is the most desperate situation Zoro has found himself in since the Time-skip began.

We're about to witness the greatest acts of a Samurai: Protecting your liege with all your might. Luffy is Zoro's lord, the one he's forsaken his honor for, the one he's tirelessly trained for during the 2 years, and this arc is heavily steeped in displaying loyalty, and inner strength coming from it. The Scabbards lament how they could not protect Oden. Yasu spurred them on to be Oden's and Wano's guardians. Zoro will be just that for Wano and Luffy.

What will differ from Thriller Bark is that Luffy will witness Zoro's actions. He's already started to with Zoro repeatedly rescuing him. Another way is that Zoro lacked the strength and support to hold off Kuma, and only survived because Kuma honored his devotion. This time, though, Linlin and Kaido are resigned to killing the rookies no matter what. Zoro has the strength and support to fend them, at least for 10 minutes.

Many things can occur during these 10 minutes. Zoro unleashing Asura for the first time in over a decade, displaying Conqueror's haki. Kaido recognizing him as a powerful Samurai. Asura is due to Luffy already being compared to an eastern deity, with Zoro looking the same in Asura. Zoro's aura has been a plot point as early as Act 1, being compared to a confirmed Conqueror's haki user like Oden, and even Brook mentioning King's haki.

And of course, Kaido starting to notice Zoro more and more as the battle progresses. Actions speak louder than words, and Zoro's actions are beginning to ring loudly in Kaido's ears. He has been commenting and wondering about Zoro like he has the Scabbards. His evaluation of the latter was a resounding failure.

Something like this:

"Of all the swordsmen who have fought me...I, Kaido of the Hundred Beasts, declare you the strongest!"

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Did kaido even knew zoro's name? I cant wait how he perform against thunder bagua, because kaido just turn from tanking mode into attacking mode....
Kaido asking Zoro for his name is one of my predictions for the 10 minutes.
:cheers:

Zoro might shine brighter than anyone else on the roof at said moment but 1 on 1 ing Kaido is hell too much lmao
@KiriNigiri explained it much better:

Honestly, I should leave Zoro character essays to you and just focus on wanking his combat feats and portrayal. :catsweat:

Do you mind if I adapt your post for the OP.

It will depend more on BM and the supernovas than Zoro...

Zoro will probably try to stay back and defent Luffy, if the 3 supernovas get stalled by BM while Kaido goes after Luffy. Thats the only cenario i can see of Zoro 1v1ing Kaido this early.

its also possible that Zoro gets a brief 1v1 with Kaido or BM after Luffy recovers, assuming the 3 supernovas fight Kaido and Bm while Zoro focuses on just protecting Luffy.
  • Do you think Mama and Kaido will let Zoro sit out while the other SN fight?
  • After Kaido has been showing increased interest in Zoro?
:choppawhat:

I don't think it's impossible, but there are other 3 Supernovas there. Unless Big Mom takes the other three by herself, I'd assume it's going to be a team fight just like now but with the odds more stacked against them. It would be massive hype for Zoro if he got to stall Kaido's Hybrid Form during 10 minutes by himself, but as a first performance, it would also be underwhelming for Kaido. Base Kaido was capable of Mid-Low Diffing the whole Scabbards, that included 3 people comparable to YC3 level fighters (Denjiro, Ashura Doji and Kawamatsu), 2 fighters above that level (Sulong Inu and Neko) + Kinemon, O-Kiku and Raizo. Hybrid Kaido is going to be significantly stronger than base Kaido.

I won't say it's impossible, but I find it unlikely that Zoro can pull this off by himself. Between 20 and 40% at most IMO.