Speculations Zoro vs Kaido

How likely do you think it is that Zoro gets a 1 vs 1 with Kaido while Luffy recovers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kaido's reaction when the Scabbards cut him:

He is insulted, that Samurai who can't even hold a candle to Oden are able to harm.

In this chapter, Zoro's Kokujo Ou Tatsumaki completely overwhelmed Kaido's and cut him up pretty badly:

Kaido was impressed, and commented that Zoro would counter his Tatsumaki with another Tatsumaki:

Kaido challenges Zoro by responding with a (presumably even more powerful attack) "Tatsumaki: Gale of Destruction":

When next we see Kaido, he is greatly having fun fighting the Supernova and uses his Hybrid mode:

Oden is the yardstick by which Kaido measures all Samurai. He compared the scabbards to Oden:

When the Scabbards first struck Kaido, the scar he received from Oden began to throb:

Kaido was astounded and questioned why the Scabbards could pierce him, wondering if they also used Oden's Ryuo:

Kaido further tells the Scabbards that in them he saw the visage of Kozuki Oden:

As such, he could have let them kill him (fulfilling Oden's will):

With each throb of his scar he remembers Oden:

He boldly declares that they are not Oden, that never again shall a "monster samurai" of his likes appear:

He laments that they don't even have enough power to open up his old scar, concluding that they cannot do it:

Because the Scabbards did not measure up to Oden, he could not have let them kill him (and thus was insulted that they harmed him).

In Chapter 1002, Kaido felt Oden's presence in Zoro's katana:

In 1003: he notices a "strange haki" arising from Zoro's katana:

He once again gets a special feeling and finally notices that Zoro wields Oden's sword:

Giving that Kaido:
  • Measures all Samurai by the likes of Oden
  • Reacted to Zoro's successful attack with joy
    • As opposed to the scorn he showed the Scabbards
  • Has noticed that Zoro bears Oden's katana
  • Wants to die at the hands of the "monster Samurai" bearing Oden's mantle
And that Luffy:
  • Is out of commission for several (< 10) minutes
And that Zoro:
  • Is the only active Supernova with the ability to significantly harm Kaido
  • Is determined to protect Luffy

I think that we see a 1 vs 1 between Zoro and Hybrid Kaido in the < 10 minutes until Luffy recovers.

Like when Kuma attacked the Strawhats while Luffy was out of commission, Zoro will step up to hold Kaido off during the < 10 minutes.

My predictions for when the Rooftop fights resume:
  • Kaido focuses his attention on Zoro in particular (60% confident)
    • A plurality of his attacks are directed at Zoro
    • A plurality of his comments are on Zoro's actions
    • A plurality of his dialogue is directed at Zoro
    • Zoro replicates and focuses his attacks/counterattacks on Kaido while trying to protect Luffy
  • Kaido acknowledges Zoro (50% confident)
    • Asks for Zoro's name
    • As a samurai on par with Oden
    • As someone worthy of bearing Oden's mantle
    • As someone worthy of killing him
  • Zoro significantly harms Kaido (30% confident)
    • Zoro gives him a new scar
    • Alternatively, Zoro reopens the old scar

@Admiral Lee Hung
@Afroking
@Aknolagon
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Blother
@Bogard
@BossYimz
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Buusatan94
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@critical mindset
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Don DaSlayer
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Erkan12
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Gambit
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@gojo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@HexBozoline
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Light D Lamperouge
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@LuthonTheDragDown
@Marimo_420
@MarimoHeado
@MarineHQ62
@Master OF Haki
@MasterD
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Owl Ki
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@PuckTheGreat
@Punpun
@Queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@Sadistic Senpai
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@slash slash bigslash
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@Thabeast
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@trav
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko2000
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo

Last edited:
I think they could fight for a few panels, until Kaido gets tired of playing and gets serious. In his hybrid form, Zoro has nothing to do against Kaido. It was easier to damage him in dragon form because of his size, but in hybrid form he's more agile and will surely be able to use all his elemental powers.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The scabbards had been hurting Kaido in dragon form for chapter and without Enma.
His hybrid form should be something else
And when Zoro cuts hybrid Kaido, because literally every other defense that’s come from the Sanji camp about tempered expectations for Zoro in Wano has been shattered over the last dozen chapters, what’s your explanation gonna be?? :choppawhat:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
If this would happen, Zoro would be done way to fast. Hybrid Kaido will demolish Zoro, specially when he starts to fight seriously. Even tho zoro showed really impressive skills right now, it is far away from fighting Kaido 1 vs 1. Zoro after the next Arc maybe would be able to fight this solo, but right now? I dont see a chance here.

Zoro fighting Kaido to protect Luffy can be more a character moment than a powerlevel related moment.

I can totally see Oda showing Zoro taking a high amount of damage without falling down because falling down would mean that Luffy is in danger.

In a last effort, he opened Kaido’s scar then fall for 10 minutes while Luffy come back.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
If this would happen, Zoro would be done way to fast. Hybrid Kaido will demolish Zoro, specially when he starts to fight seriously. Even tho zoro showed really impressive skills right now, it is far away from fighting Kaido 1 vs 1. Zoro after the next Arc maybe would be able to fight this solo, but right now? I dont see a chance here.
zoro is the only which aren't exhausted (like luffy and kid) and he didn't use his final form

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
zoro is the only which aren't exhausted (like luffy and kid) and he didn't use his final form
So you assume zoro didnt used "his final form" but Luffy and Kid did? I dont see any reasonf or that. I know you guys stick so hard to Asura, which was an impressive attack back then, but i dont see a hint so far that this would be even stronger then the attacks he showed already.

Also, really exhausted is only Luffy so far, cause he overused Haki+G4 already, Kid, Killer, Law etc seem all pretty fine so far and ready to attack. Kid f.e. even said Killer should get Luffy (to buy time) and is going straight up for Kaido.

Still, i dont see any chance for Zoro to 1vs1 Kaido.
In my opinion, overhyping that idea is ridicilious and will only do damage to the real feats of Zoro, which are impressive. But his portrayal will be damaged by your guys overhyping. He lay here the ground for the countertrolling in a few weeks, hope you know that.

And when Zoro cuts hybrid Kaido, because literally every other defense that’s come from the Sanji camp about tempered expectations for Zoro in Wano has been shattered over the last dozen chapters, what’s your explanation gonna be?? :choppawhat:
I think you forgot to read the words "too soon"

It's too soon to wound Kaido badly, especially in hybrid form. Oda is going to offpanel the 5 supernova defeat or have them crashed on panel, he's just started to fight so he can't look weak.
He has to look overwhelming
I've always been a supporter of the Strawhats vs Kaido scenario, and I'm still quite certain it's going to be the final fight of the arc.
Zoro is a strawhat so i was sure he was going to hurt Kaido badly at some point.

The fact that it's all happening sooner than i expected (and before Zoro vs King/ Who's Who) doesn't mean Zoro isn't going to have another PU before he actually achieve that.
Considering Zoro not ready for that stage yet, makes me a biased reader because I'm a Sanji fan?

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
So you assume zoro didnt used "his final form" but Luffy and Kid did? I dont see any reasonf or that. I know you guys stick so hard to Asura, which was an impressive attack back then, but i dont see a hint so far that this would be even stronger then the attacks he showed already.

Also, really exhausted is only Luffy so far, cause he overused Haki+G4 already, Kid, Killer, Law etc seem all pretty fine so far and ready to attack. Kid f.e. even said Killer should get Luffy (to buy time) and is going straight up for Kaido.

Still, i dont see any chance for Zoro to 1vs1 Kaido.
In my opinion, overhyping that idea is ridicilious and will only do damage to the real feats of Zoro, which are impressive. But his portrayal will be damaged by your guys overhyping. He lay here the ground for the countertrolling in a few weeks, hope you know that.
Well in the end of this chapter i see very exhausted to Law and Kid but can be me impression. But the real thing it's that zoro doesn't use his full power with three swords, yes it's because he doesn't control yet enma.
That's because i see than zoro has more possible to fight agaisnt Kaido.