Powers & Abilities Zoro will get Sanjis raid suit by the help of Franky

And yet, did Brook complain about the armor in a chapter like Zoro?:catsure:
But you missed the main problem of the question. If this light armor is a nerf to him, then we can sympathize with his fans who extol Zoro's strength.:cheers:
Expressing Preferences = Complaining? :milaugh:
Just bc I don’t like Vanilla means I am complaining about Vanilla?

Sometimes some people just need the extra durability, and sometimes ppl don’t need any armor.
:risitasad::hapnoel:

Expressing Preferences = Complaining? :milaugh:
Just bc I don’t like Vanilla means I am complaining about Vanilla?

Sometimes some people just need the extra durability, and sometimes ppl don’t need any armor.
If you would have immediately called it a preference, I would have kept silent, but for some reason you decided to call it a nerf.
Yes, the armor can restrict movement, but its main function is to increase protection.
And if you say that this is a nerf, then he cannot overpower the weight, while not weakening?
Maybe I'm wrong, but nerf means weakening, right?
Moreover, Japanese armor mainly served to protect against arrows and iron plates covered the most vulnerable parts of the body.

Yes, the armor can restrict movement.
There, you answered your own question.
And Oda answers through panels why they don't need armor or clothing not theirs.
Moreover, Japanese armor mainly served to protect against arrows and iron plates covered the most vulnerable parts of the body
This is something Oda has shown basic CoO can deal with.
And if you are one of those considering Wano anime canon, heres Luffy and Zoro dodging arrows flawlessly through CoO and skill.
Overall, Zoro and Luffy don't need these things because they hinder/obstruct their mobility which is largely more of a nerf than the protection it provides, as shown with already durable Zoro tanking Gifter attacks, Apoo attacks, a bite from Queen, Indra, and then not dying to a combined (strongest confirmed attack in the series) 2 Emperor attack, Hakai.

I could also go on and elaborate on Okiku's arm lopped off from Kaido, yet she wore armor. And the same attack from Kaido was swatted to the side by Zoro. Moral of the story, Zoro is on another level.

Last edited:
I could also go on and elaborate on Okiku's arm lopped off from Kaido, yet she wore armor. And the same attack from Kaido was swatted to the side by Zoro. Moral of the story, Zoro is on another level.
I could show the moment of the collision with Hawkins, where Zoro would not have been hindered by the armor that would have protected him from Hawkins ' nails. But not the point. MCs are protected by the plot, and they won't die from arrows or bullets and stuff, even if they get them.
You said right.
Come to think of it. The onesword style and twosword style will not be affected by the armor, but the threesword style will be a problem, since he will not be able to turn his neck as freely as he holds the sword in his teeth. So, in principle, you can call a nerf if he can not freely use santoryu. But you can't say that any other armor\a suitis nerf. After all, it is enough to use a small plate armor(torso, legs), which did not constrain the neck area.

I could show the moment of the collision with Hawkins, where Zoro would not have been hindered by the armor that would have protected him from Hawkins ' nails. But not the point. MCs are protected by the plot, and they won't die from arrows or bullets and stuff, even if they get them.
You said right.
Come to think of it. The onesword style and twosword style will not be affected by the armor, but the threesword style will be a problem, since he will not be able to turn his neck as freely as he holds the sword in his teeth. So, in principle, you can call a nerf if he can not freely use santoryu. But you can't say that any other armor\a suitis nerf. After all, it is enough to use a small plate armor(torso, legs), which did not constrain the neck area.
Santoryu is what saved him from Hakai.
And Asura was Used originally to block Kaku’s strongest attack as Silver Mist absorbed the attack shock.

The Santoryu stance itself is both offensive and defensive. Santoryu was wielded as a shield to protect the other 4 Novas.

You could perceive Santoryu as a nerf from your perspective, but I believe it’s a great asset. When compared with the One Sword stance, Zoro used against Kaido, he was immediately taken down by Big Mom, bc he wasn’t well guarded.

And as you’ve said, things like arrows, Hawkins nails, are nothing to Zoro. His pain threshold is large, given his Nothing Happened feat preTS and his tremendous growth since then.

But back to the original issue, fighters fight in what they feel comfortable in, it does not matter whatever armor protects them or not, protection is moot if mobility is hampered. Mobility is everything in combat.

yea thats a fact true..

but you're twisting it to make it sound deplorable of sanji when it should be the opposite.. its either you are ignorant of his mindset and reasoning regarding this or you're an ignoramus just tryna act pretentious with his bias hate against sanji.
Im not twisting my words It literally is disgraceful and hypocritical, of him when he uses the raidsuit.

Im not twisting my words It literally is disgraceful and hypocritical, of him when he uses the raidsuit.
that's a pretty shallow and undercooked take on his actions..

thats like saying zoro abandoning his dream for luffy is disgraceful of him and then the dichotomy in him demanding luffy to kill himself with his sword if he were to abandon his swordsmanship coz of luffy...

and here he's abandoning his swordsmanship and for luffy's dream.. i won't call it hypocrisy coz that would not only be dumb but a pretty naive take on his actions that are justifiable like sanji's actions are.

you carry a pretty subjective hatred against sanji to the point where you'd not apply the same reasoning to him like you would to zoro.. and that's Hypocrisy painted boldly on a blank canvas.

its not about sanji being a hypocrite it is just your disingenuous and inconsistent reasoning.

that's a pretty shallow and undercooked take on his actions..

thats like saying zoro abandoning his dream for luffy is disgraceful of him and then the dichotomy in him demanding luffy to kill himself with his sword if he were to abandon his swordsmanship coz of luffy...

and here he's abandoning his swordsmanship and for luffy's dream.. i won't call it hypocrisy coz that would not only be dumb but a pretty naive take on his actions that are justifiable like sanji's actions are.

you carry a pretty subjective hatred against sanji to the point where you'd not apply the same reasoning to him like you would to zoro.. and that's Hypocrisy painted boldly on a blank canvas.

its not about sanji being a hypocrite it is just your disingenuous and inconsistent reasoning.
I objectively and subjectively bash Sanji's character. His post time skip character has been portrayed terribly. But This currently (raidsuit) is a pretty objective bashing. There are way more subjective ways to bash Sanji posttimeskip. Im far more subjective with Zoro than I am with Sanji

No 1v1
Lost to Doffy Neg Diff
Lost to Judge
Struggled vs Vergo
Abandoned his crew at

It's being direct about what Sanji did, and how he describes his actions. He says he doesnt want to use the raid suit but has to because of x,y,z. But unnecessarily forces himself to use the raidsuit.

Your subjectiveness towards Sanji is astounding. You mention Zoro throwing away his ambition to help out Luffy, but not only did you fail to mention everyone else throwing away their ambition. You also forgot to mention Sanji doing it a 2nd time on Zou when he "left" the crew to deal with his family, talk about abandoning his crew.

They all did that pretime skip so that point of them throwing their pride away is a red herring. It's relevant to you to drive your narrative.

I objectively and subjectively bash Sanji's character. His post time skip character has been portrayed terribly. But This currently (raidsuit) is a pretty objective bashing. There are way more subjective ways to bash Sanji posttimeskip. Im far more subjective with Zoro than I am with Sanji

No 1v1

Lost to Doffy Neg Diff:

Lost to Judge

Struggled vs Vergo

Abandoned his crew at

It's being direct about what Sanji did, and how he describes his actions. He says he doesnt want to use the raid suit but has to because of x,y,z. But unnecessarily forces himself to use the raidsuit.

Your subjectiveness towards Sanji is astounding. You mention Zoro throwing away his ambition to help out Luffy, but not only did you fail to mention everyone else throwing away their ambition. You also forgot to mention Sanji doing it a 2nd time on Zou when he "left" the crew to deal with his family, talk about abandoning his crew.

They all did that pretime skip so that point of them throwing their pride away is a red herring. It's relevant to you to drive your narrative.
Your objective bashing has no logical basis that would make your excuses credible and good rationale for hating sanji. your subjective opinion is the BS i cant divert due to your stereotypical preconceived notions about sanji.. its something intuitive that you honestly have failed in grasping due to you (as you admitted just admitted that you are subjective with the zoro.. isn't that just claiming that any logic negates your perception of zoro due to you stubbornness...thx for conceding ig)

No 1v1 : true but it doesn't make sense to why you hate sanji

Lost to Doffy Neg Diff : sanji didn't know his ability... doffy could have done the same to luffy from the get go but it was a relevant plot decision to stretch doffy vs luffy...
why:
-to be consistent with the pacing -

-To introduce gear 4 at a crucial point in the fight rather than executing his hype card so

Lost to Judge: smoking a sig after taking a full force attack to the face and barely bled

if you think this was a fair fight then..

Struggled vs Vergo: narratively nerfed and Vergo didn’t even overwhelm him.. again you haven't considered any of that what law did to him including ceaser..

a contingency question since you're going to deny that sanji was nerfed, if sanji wasn't nerfed then he would have broken his against doffy when he first vigorously clashed with him and had him admire him.. either assuming that his opponents (vergo and Doffy) and him were using haki or not .. so why didn't he break his leg against doffy if he wasn't nerfed?

Abandoned his crew at: abandon his crew for its sake.. he told them he would come back but fate wasn't easy on him..

ig you didn't get the analogy i presented to prove the fact that sanji's actions weren't hypocritical.

its not a red herring, i chose zoro coz ik you bias for him so that you could relate plus i never said anything about sanji throwing his ambitious for luffy... i didn't make that claim thats a different argument i said sanji swallowed his pride like zoro did as a swordsman for the sake of others... would you call him a hypocrite to for doing what he told luffy to do if luffy hinders his dream?

are you still going to act oblivious?

Your objective bashing has no logical basis that would make your excuses credible and good rationale for hating sanji. your subjective opinion is the BS i cant divert due to your stereotypical preconceived notions about sanji.. its something intuitive that you honestly have failed in grasping due to you (as you admitted just admitted that you are subjective with the zoro.. isn't that just claiming that any logic negates your perception of zoro due to you stubbornness...thx for conceding ig)

No 1v1 : true but it doesn't make sense to why you hate sanji

Lost to Doffy Neg Diff : sanji didn't know his ability... doffy could have done the same to luffy from the get go but it was a relevant plot decision to stretch doffy vs luffy...
why:
-to be consistent with the pacing -

-To introduce gear 4 at a crucial point in the fight rather than executing his hype card so

Lost to Judge: smoking a sig after taking a full force attack to the face and barely bled

if you think this was a fair fight then..

Struggled vs Vergo: narratively nerfed and Vergo didn’t even overwhelm him.. again you haven't considered any of that what law did to him including ceaser..

a contingency question since you're going to deny that sanji was nerfed, if sanji wasn't nerfed then he would have broken his against doffy when he first vigorously clashed with him and had him admire him.. either assuming that his opponents (vergo and Doffy) and him were using haki or not .. so why didn't he break his leg against doffy if he wasn't nerfed?

Abandoned his crew at: abandon his crew for its sake.. he told them he would come back but fate wasn't easy on him..

ig you didn't get the analogy i presented to prove the fact that sanji's actions weren't hypocritical.

its not a red herring, i chose zoro coz ik you bias for him so that you could relate plus i never said anything about sanji throwing his ambitious for luffy... i didn't make that claim thats a different argument i said sanji swallowed his pride like zoro did as a swordsman for the sake of others... would you call him a hypocrite to for doing what he told luffy to do if luffy hinders his dream?

are you still going to act oblivious?
You still dont get how subjective you are, it's so blatantly obvious it makes it even more humorous.

Difference between you and I is I along with other Zoro fans admit being subjective along with being objective.

You still dont get how subjective you are, it's so blatantly obvious it makes it even more humorous.

Difference between you and I is I along with other Zoro fans admit being subjective along with being objective.
point one subjective thing i said in that comment
Post automatically merged:

its fax lol.. sanji said he'd be able to withstand the whole city flattening and he'd still be up... this is just RS durability... the cape is an another level of defence..

but zoro can't use RS either way... for obvious narrative reasons of not suiting him to logical reasons like genetic make up that makes one adequate for RS's usage

point one subjective thing i said in that comment
"sanji didn't know his ability... doffy could have done the same to luffy from the get go but it was a relevant plot decision to stretch doffy vs luffy."

I need that staples... that was easy button. The moment you use the "ould" words your statement becomes subjective.

its fax lol.. sanji said he'd be able to withstand the whole city flattening and he'd still be up... this is just RS durability... the cape is an another level of defence..

but zoro can't use RS either way... for obvious narrative reasons of not suiting him to logical reasons like genetic make up that makes one adequate for RS's usage
what facts lmao raid suit won t help with shit
hakai wasn t even touching zoro just the blades and he was already damaged bleeding meaning the damage was internal + then zoro took it full
raid shit aint helping with nothing

@bennbeckman if my effort in factually defending sanji's stance from your shallow claims is being subjective.. towards sanji..
then you are correct.. but does that mean i look other characters differently NO .. I'm not you sorry

"sanji didn't know his ability... doffy could have done the same to luffy from the get go but it was a relevant plot decision to stretch doffy vs luffy."

I need that staples... that was easy button. The moment you use the "ould" words your statement becomes subjective.
its a sensible argument you try to reason with it.. or label it subjective to prove absolutely nothing like you just did.

if considering and contrasting with Hypothetical logical situations makes an opinion subjective coz it supports sanji.. which is my primary stance....? bruh

sorry but that isn't subjective.. its a logical Hypothetical possibility.. which i concur to or not, still stands as a possibility.. so that doesn't make it subjective... its an objective hypothetical argument

what facts lmao raid suit won t help with shit
hakai wasn t even touching zoro just the blades and he was already damaged bleeding meaning the damage was internal + then zoro took it full
raid shit aint helping with nothing
then the cape

the difference is my subjectivity has more objectivity to it.. unlike yours

Last edited:
@bennbeckman if my effort in factually defending sanji's stance from your shallow claims is being subjective.. towards sanji..
then you are correct.. but does that mean i look other characters differently NO .. I'm not you sorry
Everyone on this forum is subjective and objective... it's the most obvious thing, it should be the easiest thing for people to admit. Yet you struggle to even admit that fact.

Everyone on this forum is subjective and objective... it's the most obvious thing, it should be the easiest thing for people to admit. Yet you struggle to even admit that fact.
i just admitted that I'm bias towards defend Sanji but its more of an objectively based argument that obeys the canon manga..

and NO saying "could" doesn't alway mean its a subjective opinion... it can be factually Hypothetical.. one of the alternatives oda could have taken and i proved it to you why those weren't adapted for logical reasons

Objectively To the original post: Zoro doesnt use any armor ever. Sanji feels disgraced and throws his pride away when he resorts to the raid suit

Subjectively: Zoro doesnt need any armor because he is durable enough and has the endurance. Sanji has to constantly resort to the raidsuit because his defense is not strong enough, nor is he durable enough.

My predictions to the original question and the facts.

1. Sanji will throw his pride away at some point and wear the raidsuit again
2. Zoro will never wear the raidsuit.
3. No one else in the SHs will ever wear the raidsuit during a battle.

i just admitted that I'm bias towards defend Sanji but its more of an objectively based argument that obeys the canon manga..

and NO saying "could" doesn't alway mean its a subjective opinion... it can be factually Hypothetical.. one of the alternatives oda could have taken and i proved it to you why those weren't adapted for logical reasons
Mazel Tov.

The "oulds" are using personal feelings to influence an event which is completely subjective, hypotheticals are guesses as well they are also subjective, in which you are using personal feelings to influence on the event at hand.

Edit: It's a manga, because it's panels and not motion/video etc, it makes even that much tougher to be ojective.

The best example (NOT DEBATING THIS EVENT) is Zoro and Hakai, that scene whether or not Law teleported him is impossible to be 100% objective on either side of the argument... but when the anime comes out we can actually make an objective statement on that scene.

Last edited: