Powers & Abilities Zoro's block was a second....

Yes I think it's heavily overrated in general. King had just gotten started. Not to mention that Sanji suffered some pain by being casually hurled against some building constructions by PO, at least he admitted so.
Would've been way cooler if the armour steadily adapted to physical attacks imo. It wouldn't become some absolute defense, but highly resistant to physical attacks 🧐

I have always wondered what the issue was - purposefully playing ignorant or actually being incapable of understanding the argument.

Why do yall keep bringing up Paul's translations as some sort of a gotcha moment. Japanese to English isn't what's being argued. It's the understanding of the English phrase.
"For a second" can have multiple meanings in the English language.

Same thing with the Sanji - Doflamingo thing that was brought up in this thread. You are missing the point. No one is saying that Sanji didn't save the other SHs but what was being said was that he did no amazing feats while doing it.
You are comparing apples and oranges just because they are both fruit(Law and helping others was involved in both) but that's hardly the point of what Zoro did here.

Back to the "for a second" thing
Even if the meaning is a literal second though why are you using the real life consequences of that? These are superhumans that can have a whole conversation in that time spam as per you believing them talking and moving out of the way took 1 literal second.
And even if they were normal real life humans and Zoro did block it for a literal second or even less than that, so what? How does that change how amazing of a feat blocking one of the strongest attacks shown in the manga is?

I have always wondered what the issue was - purposefully playing ignorant or actually being incapable of understanding the argument.

Why do yall keep bringing up Paul's translations as some sort of a gotcha moment. Japanese to English isn't what's being argued. It's the understanding of the English phrase.

Same thing with the Sanji - Doflamingo thing that was brought up in this thread. You are missing the point. No one is saying that Sanji didn't save the other SHs but what was being said was that he did no amazing feats while doing it.
You are comparing apples and oranges just because they are both fruit(Law and helping others was involved in both) but that's hardly the point of what Zoro did here.

Even if the meaning is a literal second though why are you using the real life consequences of that? These are superhumans that can have a whole conversation in that time spam as per you believing them talking and moving out of the way took 1 literal second.
And even if they were normal real life humans and Zoro did block it for a literal second or even less than that, so what? How does that change how amazing of a feat blocking one of the strongest attacks shown in the manga is?
:finally::finally:
Thank god !
Post automatically merged:

It's the latter after all
Probably a strong mix of both

Kinda change it everything when he didn't stop or block it. You don't get feats on 'attempts' if it does not succeed. That like saying we should give Usopp a feat on fighting PO and Ulti after trying to attack them, but he got sent flying. So by same logic, does that mean Usopp is above beating 2 T6H or would be fine by himself? No it isn't. Just same with Zoro if he have stay there, he would have die. Hence why Law saved him and checking on him who respond with 'Barely'.

You can't give a feat if it the 'attempt' didn't stop it when it's stating something else in context.

Whether difference on Japanese and English, we can't ignore this is second mention of '1 Second' with now Viz stating it. While we don't know different meanings in different languages, it still show result that Zoro wouldn't survive if he stay there and wouldn't stop it at all.

:gonope: Sanji vs King.

:goyea: Sanji bakes a cake for King.
Didn't know you guys still salty about Zoro fainting you got bring stuff like that actually saved the crew from crazy Big Mom from killing them.

Sanji tanked King's attack. That is big feat. Being salty doesn't help your case about it, Marimo :kayneshrug:.

Sanji's block didn't work well here instead:

You know that is tanking, correct? That did go through and that is big feat. He did block King early while even holding someone if you want to add more to that.

Impressive feat regardless for Zoro

Also, " for a second" isn't necessarily a literal one second only...

It just means temporarily...
even in our life, we say terms like:
- hold on for a second
- I'll come in a second
- just a second
...etc.
It never was a second literally Lol

Basically, Zoro blocked it enough time to warn the others to dodge, and they actually did dodge.. that's what matters

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
β€Ž
Those who said Zoro take it for 1 sec was impressive need to calm down
Zoro about to die if Law didn't shambles him + he had Enma
I'm not surprise if Zoro pass out next chapter tbh
1. Law didnt Shamble him
2. How is Enma helping Zoro in that feat? :suresure:

A magic armour? I think a good armor would have featured the quirks of G4 Luffy's body, very resistant to plastic deformation and elastic.
Wouldn't say magic per say (hasn't been introduced in OP as far as I can remember), but something like Susano'o or Doomsday's body. A good defence and resistance to physical attacks to a degree

Kinda change it everything when he didn't stop or block it. You don't get feats on 'attempts' if it does not succeed. That like saying we should give Usopp a feat on fighting PO and Ulti after trying to attack them, but he got sent flying. So by same logic, does that mean Usopp is above beating 2 T6H or would be fine by himself? No it isn't. Just same with Zoro if he have stay there, he would have die. Hence why Law saved him and checking on him who respond with 'Barely'.

You can't give a feat if it the 'attempt' didn't stop it when it's stating something else in context.

Whether difference on Japanese and English, we can't ignore this is second mention of '1 Second' with now Viz stating it. While we don't know different meanings in different languages, it still show result that Zoro wouldn't survive if he stay there and wouldn't stop it at all.
You are the perfect example of why I said this: