Questions & Mysteries Zoro's lineage is... Bait

You can think that Oda is the worst author ever or you can wait just a little more and see where the story goes. There's more to Wano and we still have the revos that probably brought Zoro to the Shimotsuki village and Koshiro.
At this point that's just headcanon, and even if it were true those relevations already lost much of it's impact as Wano has overstayed its welcome and will never be anywhere near as relevant to the story as it was ever again. They'll be footnotes in the manga at best, and likely will be featured in an SBS or some other 3rd party material if Oda even cares.

Wano as an arc is over, and as such its importance has run dry.
Post automatically merged:

ImmalvanoM was 100% correct. Oda's a hack of a writer, and Zoro's a bitch that sucks Luffy's schlong.
I still stand by this 2000%. Zoro's a fraudulent hack who most outstanding accomplishment is being Luffy's best bottom. No one seems to give a shit about the WSS except 2 people, and Wano only recognize Zoro as that criminal that killed some random civilian and a magistrate. Definitely a fitting legacy for a lackey like Zoro. At this point he's barely a character, but rather a mere follower of Luffy who has no will of his own.

Last edited:
You can think that Oda is the worst author ever or you can wait just a little more and see where the story goes. There's more to Wano and we still have the revos that probably brought Zoro to the Shimotsuki village and Koshiro.
I don’t think Oda is the worst author ever… I think he’s an above average author with a lot of work ethic and good art skills… thinking he’s a god tho is what will get you in trouble

I’m gonna repeat to you what I’ve been saying for years… IT DOES NOT MATTER

This will remain the biggest problem with this “Zoro lineage” shit… IT DOES NOT MATTER… Zoro doesn’t care… No one around him cares… And the Plot of the story doesn’t care

even if by some randomness whoever the fuck comes up to Zoro and reveals whatever the fuck, the fact that Zoro won’t care and the story itself won’t be impacted in anyway by such a reveal STILL MAKES IT BAD WRITING

So my friend, cut your losses. Oda simply could not find a reason why Zoro’s lineage mattered… Not to Zoro himself or the story of wano and so BAIT… There has to actually be a story to tell for Oda to go out of his way to draw this shit

Im still thinking that zoro is a Shimotsuki there's a lot of hints but that doesn't take anything from zoro though
Either way it's coming soon, since the series is ending and we haven't seen his family yet

- For Nico Robin, we saw Nico Olvia
- For Monkey D. Luffy, we saw Monkey D. Dragon, Monkey D. Garp
- For Vinsmoke Sanji we saw Vinsmoke Judge, Vinsmoke siblings

We are going to see some Roronoa soon

Im still thinking that zoro is a Shimotsuki there's a lot of hints but that doesn't take anything from zoro though
I mean it was definitely implied that Zoro has a connection to the clan. The only question is if the story wants to explore it further or just leave it open to audience interpretation

I mean it was definitely implied that Zoro has a connection to the clan. The only question is if the story wants to explore it further or just leave it open to audience interpretation
This tbh, agree.
Oda just leave it for fans to make the connection because he already explored Sanji's.
Oda is just kind of balancing the story telling, he described Sanji's in detail because complexity is in line with his persona, so he he described Zoro's in compact and to do point, it fits Zoro's straightforward persona.

I know people are getting hyped about this but i want to remind everyone that this has already happened before. Oda already baited this Zoro lineage with the "Sunachi", "Wado Ichimonji" and Kozaburo situation. As a reminder, Oda in an SBS at the start of Wano said there is a familiar character who descended from Wano people. Then we learned Zoro is familiar with certain Wano words. Then we learn Zoro's Wado Ichimonji was made by a Wano blacksmith. Turns out this was completely about Kuina. Zoro knows Wano dialect because he heard the founder of his village, Kozaburo, say it. And Wado is the same as it has always been, a sword Zoro got from Kuina's father because he asked for it and proved his dedication to the same dream as Kuina.

Now the Bait is back. After none of the above having actually gone anywhere, Oda is laying it on thick. There's a samurai, Ushimaru who looks remarkably like Zoro, with similar fighting styles who happens to be related to Ryuma and the same Kozaburo who founded Zoro's village. It's a slam dunk now right? Hell there's even a "fate" thing with Zoro returning Shusui to Wano.

Well... why doesnt Onimaru recognize or care about Zoro's remarkable likeness to Ushimaru? Zoro was trained by Wano Samurai so why wouldn't he have a fighting style similar to them. In fact he was trained by people from the exact same family as this Ushimaru person. It's not like Zoro inherited a fighting style through his genes.

Zoro also returned another sword to Wano, Sandai Kitetsu. It was made by Hitetsu. Shouldn't that mean Zoro has some tie to Hitetsu similar to how returning Shusui means Zoro is tied to Ryuma. Uncanny resemblances go as far as Tashigi looks exactly like Kuina despite them being unrelated. And again, Zoro having One eye isnt a biological factor to tie him to Ryuma in anyway.

That's not even to mention how the timelines of these things don't work at all.

This seems like bait to me. Especially because Zoro is uninvolved entirely. Why would his lineage matter if he doesnt know or care about it? if someone were to tell him "Hey, you look exactly like this one guy we knew", wouldn't zoro just remember Tashigi and Kuina and say "So? Where's the damn booze?".

I loved how Oda handled this. There was no reason to have Zoro flashbacks since he indeed isnt related to them directly or has a real relationship with them. Zoro doesnt know from where he comes unlike Sanji.

Showing his connections in the manga will be forced, since no one know who he really is, they look similar, but they cant say things as if they knew more than Zoro. For that reason Oda just told us outside the Manga, since in the manga, no one really knows.