Character Discussion Zoro's lineage is revealed by Oda

Is Zoro a real/true/direct/main Shimotsuki?

• Total voters
Zbois coping. If this doesn't tell you that Oda doesn't give a single fuck about anyone except Luffy, IDK man. Dude got his subplots shafted or abandoned in his own arc, in the land ofswordsmen.

Countless chapters wasted on nonsense like running, flexing on fodder, Tama and gifters etc. But ignored this in the most fitting arc this could've played out and instead got into an SBS lmao. A Loda moment if I've ever seen one.

I will admit though that the posts in this thread are pretty damn funny lol, especially with Pinzoro memes. Haven't laughed this hard in a long time, keep it up guys

It’s annoyingly the kind of backstory that I would like to see, because it‘s quite low scale. The only sort of huge grand world-spanning connection part is that Zoro’s grandmother was a noble. Other than that, grandfather local East Blue swordsman, that’s good. Father another swordsman, died against pirates, that’s good. Mother, daughter of a criminal, died of illness, also good. None of it is earth-shatteringly original but it’s the sort of thing that could make a good, relatively grounded story that could explain a bit about why Zoro is… Zoro.

Part of my problem from the later flashbacks of Sanji and Law was how over the top Oda made some of it, in what to me at least was a poor attempt to capture the magic of Robin’s flashback.
”LAW ESCAPED HIS MASSACRED ISLAND HIDING IN A CART OF CORPSES”
”SANJI’S DAD IS A FRENCH NAZI SCIENTIST KING WHO LOCKED HIM IN THE DUNGEON.”

We don’t have that here. But it doesn’t matter, because we don‘t get to see it.

And like I said in the other thread, the ”what does it all mean?” part, man, just commit. Stick it in or don’t.

Also tbh, I can sense a cashgrab when One Piece is finished. Want a one volume spin-off that will sell pretty well? This is something that could do it. Could do one for all of the Strawhats. Ten chapters on their background figures. 10 volumes in all, do it a year or two after OP finishes.