Break Week Zoros soft spot for Women...

Incelro disrespecting Kuina and the entire purpose of her flashback
Seriously. Why does Kuina even exist at this point? If she was out of the picture, almost everything would be the same with the exception of Zoro not having 2001+ Ls, and Zoro's awkward interactions with Tashigi as she resembles Kuina, and even then that dynamic between them has very little value. Koushirou already had the belief of women being inferior fighters to men at their peaks, so Zoro would be the same today if Koushirou was childless. In fact, I think the backstory would be better if it was mainly about the relationship between Koushirou and Zoro, with Kuina completely out of the picture. Furthermore, Zoro's dream was a thing before their promise between each other, so Kuina has no claim of being some inspiration to Zoro to become the greatest swordsman. The origin of Zoro's dream is still a mystery. As for Kuina, she has became utterly redundant and pointless as a character.

Seriously. Why does Kuina even exist at this point? If she was out of the picture, almost everything would be the same with the exception of Zoro not having 2001+ Ls, and Zoro's awkward interactions with Tashigi as she resembles Kuina, and even then that dynamic between them has very little value. Koushirou already had the belief of women being inferior fighters to men at their peaks, so Zoro would be the same today if Koushirou was childless. In fact, I think the backstory would be better if it was mainly about the relationship between Koushirou and Zoro, with Kuina completely out of the picture. Furthermore, Zoro's dream was a thing before their promise between each other, so Kuina has no claim of being some inspiration to Zoro to become the greatest swordsman. The origin of Zoro's dream is still a mystery. As for Kuina, she has became utterly redundant and pointless as a character.
GODA

He represents the Japanese among the crew right? And for Japanese women are inferior to men are they not? It's only consequent for his behavior (regardless of his first rival and love Kuina).

Apart from Meme who was far away from a regular woman (when she played her part in current time) there's no woman of significance in one piece. Same for tsuru as granny senior among marines

Other women in the show are almost always needy princesses that need help to be rescued by some men.
True i think its actually exactly this like Oda kept it simple

More than likely he changed his mind when she went tumbling down a flight of stairs and died.
This.
And I dont get why it is so hard for people to understand it.
Zoro used to see women and men as equally phisically gifted, seeing how strong Kuina was. Then she slipped from the stairs and died. At that point Zoro understood the meaning of Kuina's word and started seeing women as weaker and fragile beings.

Last edited:
This.
Zoro used to see women and men as equally phisically gifted, seeing how strong Kuina was. Then she slipt from the stairs and died. At that point Zoro understood the meaning of Kuina's word and started seeing women as weaker and fragile beings.
Because Zoro suddenly seeing women as weaker isnt mentioned or hinted at. Hell Kyoshiro didn’t even tell him that women are fragile because of that but that humans are fragile.

Hell Zoro was straight up about to cut down Nami in Arlong Park.

This.
Zoro used to see women and men as equally phisically gifted, seeing how strong Kuina was. Then she slipt from the stairs and died. At that point Zoro understood the meaning of Kuina's word and started seeing women as weaker and fragile beings.
I thought that was the common consensus, but I guess not

Because Zoro suddenly seeing women as weaker isnt mentioned or hinted at. Hell Kyoshiro didn’t even tell him that women are fragile because of that but that humans are fragile.

Hell Zoro was straight up about to cut down Nami in Arlong Park.
Do you need the author to spell out things for you word for word? Yes Kyoshiro in that particular panel was refereing to humanity, but Zoro and Kuina discussion couple of panels before was referred to women, and Kuina was also a female.
We can also assume that that was not the only time Kuina's father said something mysoginist...

Zoro at Arlong Park was obviously not gonna kill Nami. He knew more than anyone that something was wrong with her and just wanted badly to know the truth, and acted harshly out of frustration. Just a chapter before he risked his life throwing himself in the pool with tied hands to show how sure he was that Nami wasnt really one of Arlong's.

Last edited:
Dude you need the author to spell out things for you word for word?
And Zoro at Arlong Park was obviously not gonna kill Nami. He knew more than anyone that something was wrong with her and just wanted badly to know the truth, and acted harshly out of frustration. Just a chapter before he risked his life throwing himself in the pool with tied hands to show how sure he was that Nami wasnt really one of Arlong's.
I think when he lunged at her saying “I’ve had enough of you” and unsheathing his katana in a Iai stance is pretty clear he was going to slash her because he believed she killed Usopp.

I think when he lunged at her saying “I’ve had enough of you” and unsheathing his katana in a Iai stance is pretty clear he was going to slash her because he believed she killed Usopp.
He had enough of her acting, and wanted to know the truth at all costs, hence going for more harsh methods. He had 0 intentions/reasons to kill her.
Unlike Sanji who was just blind simping Zoro knew her and trusted her for the person she showed to be during the time they sailed together, and that act of faith in the pool says more than any word i can spell.

Last edited:
This.
Zoro used to see women and men as equally phisically gifted, seeing how strong Kuina was. Then she slipped from the stairs and died. At that point Zoro understood the meaning of Kuina's word and started seeing women as weaker and fragile beings.
That's pure fanfiction. Nothing indicates in the story that Zoro suddenly did a 180° in his belief because Kuina died on a staircase. Otherwise post the panels/dialogue that even hints at the shift of his ideologue.

That's pure fanfiction. Nothing indicates in the story that Zoro suddenly did a 180° in his belief because Kuina died on a staircase. Otherwise post the panels/dialogue that even hints at the shift of his ideologue.
Post panels of what? Of Oda spelling you out what Zoro's brain processed those days word for word? Do you know what 'show dont tell' means?
That's no fanfiction, it's and interpretation, that you dont like? Fine, however Zoro still clearly has a soft spot for women when it comes to fight, ever since in vol. 1 he saves Nami for Buggy pirates asking them "all of you just for a girl"? And it was later showed multiple other times: Tashigi, Robin, Monet. It doesn't happen once, it is clear that something changed in his way to see things compared to when he was 9 years old, and the death of his superheroine friend is the most logic reason that common sense can give.

Last edited:
It is unusual and slightly uncharacteristic of Zoro.

Considering his actions in previous arcs, such as the incident with Mrs. Monday, it is evident that Zoro does not merely do the bare minimum. If an opponent poses a significant threat and can inflict substantial damage, like Mrs. Monday did in their encounter, Zoro does not hold back.

However, in the case of Monet, the situation was different because Zoro possessed a significant advantage in terms of strength.

Well, this is a shonen manga in the first place and Zoro is one of the main characters.

Sure, we'll get moments when male strawhats do little physical harm to female opponents but Oda tries to keep it as civil as possible. Oda can't just simply show Luffy or Zoro brutally beating up/massacring female characters, unless it's characters like Big Mom, lol. After all, Oda's target group consists of kids and teenagers... if we exclude us adults lol.
Post automatically merged:

I think he's not an incel like Sanji, he just doesn't want to beat the hell out of women.
Sanji is a simp, not an incel though.

Incels are woman hating losers who couldn't get a single girl in their entire life. It's clear both Zoro and Sanji easily have enough charisma to attract lots of women if a.) Zoro really tried and b.) Sanji wasn't being a total pervert, simp and creep overall.
So neither of them are incels.

Well, this is a shonen manga in the first place and Zoro is one of the main characters.

Sure, we'll get moments when male strawhats do little physical harm to female opponents but Oda tries to keep it as civil as possible. Oda can't just simply show Luffy or Zoro brutally beating up/massacring female characters, unless it's characters like Big Mom, lol. After all, Oda's target group consists of kids and teenagers... if we exclude us adults lol.
Post automatically merged:

Sanji is a simp, not an incel though.

Incels are woman hating losers who couldn't get a single girl in their entire life. It's clear both Zoro and Sanji easily have enough charisma to attract lots of women if a.) Zoro really tried and b.) Sanji wasn't being a total pervert, simp and creep overall.
So neither of them are incels.