Status
Not open for further replies.
No proof he’s a swordman. Even Oda said shanks has a sword but how does he fight and your still on this.
-Shanks fights with a sword
-Mihawk waiting for a SWORDSMAN stronger than Shanks
-Never even blocked a fodder without a sword
-Former rival of current WSS
-Has two swords on his Jolly Roger

Yet
tHeRe iS nO pRoOf sHaNkS iS a SwOrDsMaN

Only thing I can say to you is this

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Oda even said this

“ shanks has a sword named the griffon But how does he actually fight?

he said that already literally implying shanks ain’t a swordsman like mihawk is.
Source?

Oda then after 24 years refuses to say himself shanks is a swordsman
Oda doesn't need to say Shanks is a swordsman outside the manga when he has abundantly shown it in the manga.

pointless distinctions and the canon hasn't shown anything of shanks canon ability in a real fight. youre using headcannon.
That you don't like Shanks being a swordsman doesn't make it headcanon.

-Shanks fights with a sword
-Mihawk waiting for a SWORDSMAN stronger than Shanks
-Never even blocked a fodder without a sword
-Former rival of current WSS
-Has two swords on his Jolly Roger

Yet
tHeRe iS nO pRoOf sHaNkS iS a SwOrDsMaN

Only thing I can say to you is this
Yet Oda won’t say shanks is a swordman and goes onto imply he isn’t?

Oda doesn’t write data books.nothing is canon unles Oda says it or it’s in story

You have no proof that shanks is a swordsman besides headcanon. Even the damn writer implied he isn’t a swordsman.

Given that Luffy is using Kong Rifle and Kong Gun Gatling, and that Law is using Gamma Knife, I would guess that Kidd is also using his upper tier techniques.

Zoro on the other hand has been more impressive than Kidd while using at best mid tier techniques (Homurasaki, Rengoku Oni Giri and Flying Dragon: Fire Blaze) without hardening. Let alone all out Zoro > Kidd. A Santoryu Zoro that has just been warming up already seems to be the stronger combatant. Zoro's mid tier technique this chapter triggered Kaido's Oden PTSD. That's the only reaction to a Supernova attack that made it to the Spoilers. Given the information available, it seems Flying Dragon: Fire Blaze was more impactful than Slam Gibson.

Their performance vs Apoo already made me think Zoro was the more capable fighter, but this fight is making me suspect the gap was larger than I previously thought (I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the fight I argue that Santoryu Zoro is considerably stronger than Kidd).

It appears that Zoro's performance gap with Kidd will only grow as he begins to use his upper tier techniques and hardening in future chapters.

@Haoshoku, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE, @HexBozoline, @Light D Lamperouge, @ReggieZoldyck21, @rerere.
we will have to see how that damage stacks up when they land their attacks
luffy isnt using midtier attacks either and I wont come to this conclusion "Zoro > luffy".

I always thought it was a high diff fight between kidd and zoro anyway regardless
more interested in the law comparison atm cause I think law will be weaker .

Source?

Oda doesn't need to say Shanks is a swordsman outside the manga when he has abundantly shown it in the manga.

That you don't like Shanks being a swordsman doesn't make it headcanon.
1.it said it in a sbs

2. Oda has refused to call him a swordsman like mihawk in his entire life even going onto implying he isn’t when he is? That’s your logic?

3. I guess the writer uses headcanon

we know jozu blocked one of his slashes like nothing, to test the distance between them.
he doesn't compare
So let's really think about this.

Diamond was used to stop Mihawk attack. Yes, diamond. One any hardest substance in the One Piece world was used or should I say required to stop that attack. I'll explain why I said that later on. Diamond is as strong as sea stone, which is used to restrain and jail Even the strongest people in One Piece world. Even though Mihawk attack wasn't design to cut or break diamond he still bruised up the diamond user. That proves just how powerful his attack was. That wasn't even his strongest attack. That wasn't a name attack nor did it contain haki.

Why would I say it's required because Whitebeard is not as strong as he used to be. Mihawk wanted to test the distance between Whitebeard and everybody else so he launched a powerful attack and we all saw Whitebeard didn't deal with the attack himself. Now on the surface it looked like the attack wasn't even worthy of Whitebeard but that's not the truth. The truth is, he didn't have the strength to deal with that attack plus fight the Marines in a battle that might ended up lasting a while to rescue Ace. He needed to preserve his strength.

From looking at WB clash with Roger we know that in his prime WB had enough strength to go up against Roger for 3 days. But now he's an empty shell of his former self. Marco was even surprised that he couldn't counter or evade a surprise attack from ally. Marines were questioning if he could still use haki. Those proved how much weaker then even his crew realized. That's what Mihawk noticed and why he didn't bother to attack WB any more.

A lot of people didn't notice that because they were too busy looking at who stopped it instead of looking at what stopped it.

Remember, Big Mom has had attack stopped and blocked by Jinbei but his defense isn't as strong diamond.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Yet killer was the only one who damaged kaidos neck while zoro didn’t do shit. Cope. When scans come out your gonna be making excuses can’t wait bye now:milaugh:
Oda specifically highlighted panels of Killer failing to break the skin of Kaido's neck:

Zoro attacked Kaido's body and appears to have drawn blood:

Well Ryou is meant to be Flow of Haki, swordsmen flow their Haki into their blades, Luffy, Ray etc flow it out in form of shockwaves. Though I think top flow users like Ryuma, Mihawk, Rayleigh, Roger, Shanks can probably do all applications of Ryou.

Now when Sworsdman coats blade with their Ryou, their blade becomes one with them unless blade becomes permanently black, then I guess blade becomes one with the sword master permanently.

I don't think Oden's Ryou being carried through Enma makes sense the very first time Zoro picked up Enma, it sucked Ryou from Zoro, too much which only makes sense if Enma is used to getting insane amounts of Ryou from Oden and Zoro at the moment didn't have Ryou reserves to give Enma the amount of Ryou it craves.

I don't think "Spirit" the sword carries is Haki lol, though its just general will thing, swords carry will of blade master I guess in a same way Luffy's straw hat carries will of Roger, didn't Rayleigh see Roger in Luffy?
The whole point of Zoro training to master Enma is to get it so it doesn't suck his haki out of him and expel it through the blade. He needs to be able to control it, so the Haki is contained within the blade when coating it. It's all about containing Haki within the blade when using hardening.

Also, I think people are mistakenly thinking I am implying Zoro is somehow using/releasing Oden's Haki from decades ago, but that's not what I am saying at all. My argument is that this seems to be the key to permanently blackening a blade.

P

Punpun

Given that Luffy is using Kong Rifle and Kong Gun Gatling, and that Law is using Gamma Knife, I would guess that Kidd is also using his upper tier techniques.

Zoro on the other hand has been more impressive than Kidd while using at best mid tier techniques (Rengoku Oni Giri and Flying Dragon: Fire Blaze) without hardening. Let alone all out Zoro > Kidd. A Santoryu Zoro that has just been warming up already seems to be the stronger combatant. Zoro's mid tier technique this chapter triggered Kaido's Oden PTSD. That's the only reaction to a Supernova attack that made it to the Spoilers. Given the information available, it seems Flying Dragon: Fire Blaze was more impactful than Slam Gibson.

Their performance vs Apoo already made me think Zoro was the more capable fighter, but this fight is making me suspect the gap was larger than I previously thought (I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the fight I argue that Santoryu Zoro is considerably stronger than Kidd).

It appears that Zoro's performance gap with Kidd will only grow as he begins to use his upper tier techniques and hardening in future chapters.

@Haoshoku, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE, @HexBozoline, @Light D Lamperouge, @ReggieZoldyck21, @rerere.
Do you think Zoro is getting new higher techniques?

Or Oda just going to be lazy and scale up all his old techniques.

I would hope to see Zoro showing something powerful and new, he learned during timeskip. But I'm a bit concerned that everyone else is using their top stuff and Zoro is matching them with lower tier stuff.
Either Zoro has gotten extremely strong which I hope is the case. Or Oda doesn't want to spend the brain power to come up with new techniques, which wouldn't make much sense as he's giving everyone else something new.

Zoro on the other hand has been more impressive than Kidd while using at best mid tier techniques
No he hasn’t. What are you basing this off of? All of them are simply attacking Kaido and not doing much damage at the moment. Nothing has been shown that indicates that Zoro’s attacks have been more effective than Kidd’s. You’re just being bias. Not to mention you are assuming that Kidd is using his strongest attacks right now to further push your agenda lol. You people reach way too hard to wank Zoro and downplay Kidd. The fight has just started and the only one who has done significant damage to Kaido is Luffy. Calm down with the Kidd downplay. I know Zoro fans are insecure about him for some reason but cmon now lol.

shanks has been in the manga since chapter 1. 24+ fucking years and still hasn’t said he is a swordsman.
Why the fuck does he have to be called a swordsman?
If there is a book, that looks like a book, has pages like a book, has text like a book, author doesn't have to tell us it s book cuz author can assume his audience is not mentally retarded

No he hasn’t. What are you basing this off of? All of them are simply attacking Kaido and not doing much damage at the moment. Nothing has been shown that indicates that Zoro’s attacks have been more effective than Kidd’s. You’re just being bias. Not to mention you are assuming that Kidd is using his strongest attacks right now to further push your agenda lol. You people reach way too hard to wank Zoro and downplay Kidd. The fight has just started and the only one who has done significant damage to Kaido is Luffy. Calm down with the Kidd downplay. I know Zoro fans are insecure about him for some reason but cmon now lol.
Zoro mid diffs scrap metal irrelevant fodder Kidd

Status
Not open for further replies.