rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So a lot of things here.

Zoro casually batting a Yonkou's attacks aside was badass.

But ultimately this chapter highlights something I've been saying since the scabbards were shown to able to injure Kaido.(or even before that actually)

Which is that: Being able to injure Kaido isn't entirely about "power lvl". Again this isn't Dragonball. In fact it's more akin to Pokemon.

Power levels exist but Type Weaknesses also matter. Water types are weak to Grass types but you can potentially teach a Water Type, Fire type moves(or any other moves that Grass Types are weak to) in order to damage a Grass Type even if the Grass Type is superior in terms of level. Basically: You can bring down something higher level than you if you have the right moves that are effective against it. Which is why the Scabbards could land attacks on Kaido and why the Supernovas are able to injure him here.

As Kaido himself says they all have the right "Counters". So again, this isn't about power level. So what we're seeing is that Killer has the right technique to injure Kaido despite not being on the same level as him. This is also why Brook can cut Zeus and Nami can damage a weakened Big Mom. They had the right moves that were effective against her. Hence why even Luffy can be defeated by Caesar Clown. He was taken by surprise by a move that was highly effective against him. Or why Luffy can be temporarily brought down by Apoo. Again, taken down by a technique he wasn't prepared for. This can happen to anybody no matter how strong they are.

One Piece combat has always been like this but people have often been either too focused on power levels to notice or just brushed it off as "plot" rather than understanding it's how fights work in this series.

That aside, this shows that Killer really was at a handicap without his main weapons. Oda really likes to play with ambiguity here since he's essentially saying that Zoro & Killer are comparable but he's also saying theres no definitive answer to who is stronger than who.

The Zoro Enma scene implies alot. First, Big Mom & Kaido clearly have Observation Haki if it wasn't obvious before. Kaido is sensing Oden's Haki and Big Mom is able to sense that the attack is dangerous enough to warrant dodging. Which says that up till now she's either been too unfocused or not calm enough to use Observation in previous scenes. Which makes sense because she's been in an irrational rage since Whole Cake.

Zoro's cutting feat is really impressive. Large scale stuff is usually saved for the end of One Piece arcs so if we're getting crazy stuff like this, THIS early into the fight we're in for more crazier showings later. Even more so since this is just Zoro using one sword style and he hasn't tamed Enma yet. Meaning this isn't his best. This has me wondering how strong the Nidai Kitetsu is. I'm one of those that thinks Zoro isn't keeping Enma by the end of this arc. He'll give it back when he masters it and take the Nidai Kitetsu. I don't think Zoro would accept only being strong because of Oden's Haki. He'd want to turn a Blade Black because of his own Haki. Whereas it seems like Enma is mostly filled with Oden's. Again, I don't think Zoro would be spending the rest of the series coasting on Oden's Strength. So in my view Enma is just meant to be practice for turning a Blade Black. A test. Once he passes it will prove he's ready to handle the Nidai Kitetsu and turn it Black. Relying on his own strength rather than someone else's.

Lastly, the Lightning stuff. I'm pretty sure the guys aren't down for the count. They'll recover in the next chapter. But also, I'm pretty sure Big Mom's lightning is stronger than Enel's. This is a Yonkou's lightning after all. Meaning it's likely filled with her Haki and is being manipulated by her Souls. They might be even faster than Enel's too considering not even Luffy was able to do something about it right away. Regardless of the size, the Power behind her attack is clearly on a different level compared to Enel's.

Last edited:

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Your only defense now is to trash Sanji, who I never even mentioned. Downplaying Sanji isn't going to make Zoro look any better, especially when no one is talking about Sanji.
Zoro doesn't need that to look good that's why he has haters like you trying to make everything he does look worse. Because you can't stand the fact that the author won't make zoro look bad.

When did I mention Sanji? I know he doesn't belong on the roof. I also know that Zoro will have his time to shine in this battle, and I think it will come down to him and Luffy. But this is obviously not his big moment. Not every chapter has to be a Zoro chapter. So far he has the least feats of anyone on the roof. That's obviously going to change, but let's be realistic about it. And if you really want to convince me, actually post the panel where Kaido dodges. To be honest, I'm not even trying to down play Zoro. Your version is an L for Zoro because he wasn't able to hit Kaido if he tries to dodge. Dodging is part of every battle, and if Kaido can just avoid Zoro's attacks, then this isn't going to go well. Personally, I think it's better for Zoro if Kaido didn't dodge, because that would mean he just still has to master Emma, which he will do before the end of the battle. If a target as big as Kaido in punching bag form can easily avoid his attacks, that's a bigger L.

Kaido did dodge. He first went "what?" when Zoro started saying "One Sword- Style" and immediately Big Mom told him to DODGE so of course he dodged and he did so because that sword was unleashing a crazy amount of high level haki from his master swordsman (Zoro) in that Hiiryu Kaen attack.

In my opinion, Zoro also did miss due to fact that he hasn't mastered his armament haki through enma just yet and can't fully regulate and control it which is great because haki blooms in the heat of battle, not in training.

That’s it. That seals the deal. I’m no longer a WorstGen Forums fan. I’ve been a fan since 1856 and made my first thread in 2007. I will no longer post on this toxic forum again. I’m taking my fan hood to reddit where they actually know how to discuss manga.
In Reddit ?! Nani ?!
you just have to write A they 10 persons will write b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m to disagree

Zoro doesn't need that to look good that's why he has haters like you trying to make everything he does look worse. Because you can't stand the fact that the author won't make zoro look bad.
I don't hate Zoro. I'm looking forward to his actual feats in this battle. What annoys me are the people who over hype him, say he's stronger than Luffy, and cream their pants every time he so much as appears on panel. It lowers my enjoyment of the character when people do that.
Kaido did dodge. He first went "what?" when Zoro started saying "One Sword- Style" and immediately Big Mom told him to DODGE so of course he dodged and he did so because that sword was unleashing a crazy amount of high level haki from his master swordsman (Zoro) in that Hiiryu Kaen attack.

In my opinion, Zoro also did miss due to fact that he hasn't mastered his armament haki through enma just yet and can't fully regulate and control it which is great because haki blooms in the heat of battle, not in training.
Again, post the panel where Kaido dodges. It doesn't happen. Kaido got lucky that Zoro can't fully control Emma yet. Once he can, probably after the five up there now get whupped and the next round starts, Zoro is going to outshine everyone but Luffy. But if Kaido in dragon form, as such a huge target, can just dodge Zoro's giant projectile, then Zoro is in trouble. Zoro simply missed. His lack of control of Emma is further highlighted by his panting in the next panel. He only did a couple of attacks and hasn't been hit yet. He didn't get his big feat yet, so let's just wait until he masters the sword and actually does stuff before we give him the W.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
I don't hate Zoro. I'm looking forward to his actual feats in this battle. What annoys me are the people who over hype him, say he's stronger than Luffy, and cream their pants every time he so much as appears on panel. It lowers my enjoyment of the character when people do that.

Again, post the panel where Kaido dodges. It doesn't happen. Kaido got lucky that Zoro can't fully control Emma yet. Once he can, probably after the five up there now get whupped and the next round starts, Zoro is going to outshine everyone but Luffy. But if Kaido in dragon form, as such a huge target, can just dodge Zoro's giant projectile, then Zoro is in trouble. Zoro simply missed. His lack of control of Emma is further highlighted by his panting in the next panel. He only did a couple of attacks and hasn't been hit yet. He didn't get his big feat yet, so let's just wait until he masters the sword and actually does stuff before we give him the W.
He had plenty of feats already even in this chapter he's had some but you need to pretend he didn't so you can hate on him,it's ok though a character who's been getting this many Ws is going to get haters.

I have always hated this particular drawback of Haki. How is it DFs doesn't drain ones energy at all at but Haki does?
Law's does drain his energy, Cracker was exhausted after some hours of non-stop creation of soldiers (and Luffy commented that he shouldn't be able to do so endlessly) and Caesar complained that turning himself into a balloon took many gas energy. So odds are that at least some devil fruits do indeed drain your energy in some way, especially if you overuse them like Luffy overuses armament in Gear Fourth.

Law's does drain his energy, Cracker was exhausted after some hours of non-stop creation of soldiers (and Luffy commented that he shouldn't be able to do so endlessly) and Caesar complained that turning himself into a balloon took many gas energy. So odds are that at least some devil fruits do indeed drain your energy in some way, especially if you overuse them like Luffy overuses armament in Gear Fourth.
Gear 3th used to drain him...literaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.