Questions & Mysteries Why people keep pushing Queen vs Sanji?

S

stealthblack

I guess the most obvious reason is, a man called "Queen", while Sanji has some history with the gender-twisted storyline. Also Queen is pretty focused on his food (remember Udon). These were the first reasons i had about it.
the whole arc country has a food problem, starvation is a theme that oda didn't make sanji shine this arc with it despite his introduction and flashback had him starve like wano people in the last 25 years. Queen name thing ok, but beast pirates follow card theme, and someone was bound to get queen, and since there is no female in the calamities.

Queen is the doctor like chopper, marco and law and the whole plot is marco and chopper cure his plague, had a beef with drake.

Last edited by a moderator:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
the whole arc country has a food problem, starvation is a theme that oda didn't make sanji shine this arc with it despite his introduction and flashback had him starve like wano people in the last 25 years. Queen name thing ok, but beast pirates follow card theme, and someone was bound to get queen, and since there is no female in the calamities.

Queen is the doctor like chopper, marco and law and the whole plot is marco and chopper cure his plague, had a beef with drake.
Starvation is a problem because of Kaido and the Beast Pirates. Sanji knows this, and is trying to fix that. But the problem is only solved by getting rid of the ones enabling it. And fighting is required for that. Sanji fighting Queen helps contribute to Wano's liberation, whilst shedding more light on Queen's past with Judge, and Sanji's ongoing subplot of wrestling with his heritage.

S

stealthblack

Starvation is a problem because of Kaido and the Beast Pirates. Sanji knows this, and is trying to fix that. But the problem is only solved by getting rid of the ones enabling it. And fighting is required for that. Sanji fighting Queen helps contribute to Wano's liberation, whilst shedding more light on Queen's past with Judge, and Sanji's ongoing subplot of wrestling with his heritage.
Sanji can fight anyone from beast pirates, Queen îs not more responsible then any other guy in the crew.. queen doesn't have a past with judge, that îs theory. Judge îs famous in the underworld where kaidou had deals, that could be the only reason why queen knows judge.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
queen doesn't have a past with judge, that îs theory. Judge îs famous in the underworld where kaidou had reală, that coule be the only reason why queen knows judge.
Past is the wrong way of putting it, but there is a subplot Oda's laying down. Sanji can fight any Beast Pirate, but it's Queen Oda's written to have a special interest in him. That's gonna be addressed, one way or the other.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
***** don’t even know what they want no more lmao, When It looked like Zoro would fight King. Every Sanji fan would hea nothing but Sanji vs Queen since King~Queen and Zoro~Sanji cause they argue

Not that Zoro on tha roof stylin on Yonko and Sanji fighting for his life against Black D. Tooth ain’t heard a peep bout Sanji vs Queen

Did not know that @Kuro Ashi and @Chaves were « Zoro fans who like Sanji »:pepecafe:
I got that back in WCI as well when i was not on board with Sanji defeating Katakuri :milaugh:

There's a part of each fanbase that thinks liking a character means you have to wank that character unconditionally. If i'm to have a serious conversation or put forth my beliefs, my goal will always be to discuss everything One Piece related in a honest manner, as it makes most sense to me at that point in time :kayneshrug:

That's why i tend to make it pretty clear whether i'm fooling around, or being serious with something.

At least i hope i do for most people :super:

I got that back in WCI as well when i was not on board with Sanji defeating Katakuri :milaugh:

There's a part of each fanbase that thinks liking a character means you have to wank that character unconditionally. If i'm to have a serious conversation or put forth my beliefs, my goal will always be to discuss everything One Piece related in a honest manner, as it makes most sense to me at that point in time :kayneshrug:

That's why i tend to make it pretty clear whether i'm fooling around, or being serious with something.

At least i hope i do for most people :super:

See what you and WCI did to him @Rivaille ? :josad:
He actually think Sanji fighting King and not Queen because they both fly, their combat would be visually awesome and Queen is linked to Drake and Chopper is wanking him.
King and Queen that have been treated like equals since the beginning of Wano.

And the saddest thing is that we have an entire forum full of Zoro wank, real one, after this Enma chapter and he still can't (or doesn't want to) recognise what wanking unconditionally a character looks like :pepemy:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
He actually think Sanji fighting King and not Queen because they both fly, their combat would be visually awesome and Queen is linked to Drake and Chopper is wanking him.

And the saddest thing is that we have an entire forum full of Zoro wank, real one, and he still can't (or doesn't want to) recognise what wanking unconditionally a character looks like :pepemy:
He is being fair, that much has to be recognized.

If Zoro was one shot by Kaido I would take my L and reconsider my scaling, but this is also virtually impossible luckly enough.

And the saddest thing is that we have an entire forum full of Zoro wank, real one, after this Enma chapter and he still can't (or doesn't want to) recognise what wanking unconditionally a character looks like :pepemy:
I do think Queen is incredibly strong and close in strength to King. Maybe something like how Jabra was almost as strong as Kaku back in EL, with the two being basically on the same level.

King at the end of the day though will edge Queen out, even if it ends up being by the smallest margin.

We got build up towards Sanji's connection with Queen ever since the Soba Shop owner plot line, when Queen sent the Flyng Six to deal with Sanji, and there are stronger paralels and room for growth from Sanji having to overcome someone who embraced the strength one can obtain with the aid of technology to the extent Queen did, in the very same arc he also begins to reluctantly embrace this new path towards reaching new heights.

Oda building a direct connection with Sanji when Queen recognized him as Judge's son pretty much sealed the deal here, as Oda's definitely going to expand on that in ways that will further Sanjis character development.

In my opinion, King is fighting Zoro. I think he's a proper swordsman, strongest under Kaido, and thus most suited to be the opponent of Luffy's strongest subordinate.

I think Zoro will further his mastery of Enma in this fight, and that will allow him when he get's another shot at Kaido to land his attack and open his scar, giving Luffy the help required to come out on top in the final 1 vs 1 battle against Kaido

I still believe Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen may happen, what can I say. How the main villains of the arc are having their fight already while most minor versus haven't started and many aren't even established sounds fishy as hell, and I still find those two Calamities to be way too "Zoro and Sanji"-like for Oda to ignore it.

Also, Queen is the kind of guy that would give us a funny and entertaining fight with Sanji, and it'd be easy for Oda to add a layer of deeper meaning to their clash considering the themes they share. Queen is the person with the most potential to give an attractive fight for the cook, in my opinion (if Oda doesn't waste it, of course).

Sanji fans that want Sanji vs King aren’t actually fans of Sanji, they’re fans of an imaginary version of him that is basically Zoro but blonde.

Fight with a character that can expand on the history of Sanji’s family, the arc after this was one of the emotional cruxes? Nah, we want King because he’s stronger.
Such a dumb post lmao. You seriously thought you did sumn smh.

We want King because it would be a better and more aethestic fight against a more serious opponent instead of a goofy clown whos fat and immboile. It has nothing to do with strength.