Current Events What Would it Take to Convince You That Kaido is Zoro's Main Fight This Arc?

Who is Zoro's Main Opponent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I could write a long essay explaining why Zoro will fight Kaido, but I already did that (twice):

I could talk about Yasuie foreshadowing that Zoro will be the one to behead Kaido:

I could talk about Kaido's desire to die at the hands of a "monster samurai" of the likes of Kozuki Oden:

I could talk about all the times Zoro has expressed his desire to fight Kaido:

I could talk about how the 5 Supernova on the Rooftop mirrors Luffy and Law vs Doflamingo and Trebol:

I could talk about Chapter 1001: "The Decisive Battle of Monsters on Onigashima" or Chapter 1002: "The New Generation vs the Yonkou". I could talk at length about the narrative setup for the New Generation surpassing the old and Oden's prophecy:

I could talk about how Chapter 1002 had a scene that was a perfect mirror of Ryuma's own Dragon Slaying feat:

I could link others explanation of the case of Zoro slaying Kaido from the latest chapter:

I could mention that Kaido was scared by Zoro's attack this chapter:

I could point out that Kaido felt Oden's presence from Zoro's katana:

I could talk about how Big Mom chastised Kaido for greatly underestimating Zoro:

I could talk about inherited will:

On how it relates to swords and Enma in particular.

On the inherited will of Enma to slay Kaido and open Wano's borders:

I could say a lot of things. Others have said a lot of things.

Man, I'm frustrated. Several honest people genuinely believe that Zoro's main fight this arc is not Kaido. Most of the doubters seem to believe it's King. They apparently expect one of:
  • Zoro to be defeated on the Rooftop and then fight King afterwards.
  • King to take the initiative to confront Zoro by himself.

The reasons I've seen for the fight are:
  • King is Kaido's strongest subordinate and Zoro is Luffy's strongest subordinate.
  • King - Queen and Zoro - Sanji have very nice parallels
  • Zoro shouldn't jump to fighting top tiers without going through Commanders
  • King is a swordsman
  • King uses fire abilities
    • Zoro has been foreshadowed to learn how to cut fire
Suffice it to say, that I don't think any of the above reasons hold as much weight as what I mentioned for Zoro facing Kaido.

I don't really care about the disingenuous members of the forum who care more about fandom wars and wanking/shitting on a particular character. I'm just honestly baffled that so many people β€” posters that have been very reasonable and sensible otherwise β€” reading the same manga as me genuinely believe that Zoro's main fight this arc is not Kaido.

Help me understand.

Last edited:
Old Gen = King and Queen as well.

Ryuma slayed the dragon with that technique, Zoro no. ZKK died. Zoro is going to reopen the scar at most.

Inherited will = Ace's = now's Luffy's. He is the guy on whom Kaido saw the shadows of those pirates. He is the one who Oda made standing up at the end of the chapter against the two Yonko after all the other SN got hit by their attacks. And most importantly, he is the MC. How can this be Zoro's main fight lol?
Law's example? Nop, irrelevant. Law took Doffy's strongest subordinate in the previous arc and then even Trebol while badly injured. What did Zoro in comparison with Law in this arc lol?

Kaido was "scared" because he felt Oden's aura, the guy who he thinks that died. "Holy shit, didn't that guy died? Why I am feeling his aura?, It's a ghost? coldsweat". That is his reaction. He wasn't scared because of the attack. Pls. The wank, stop it.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
β€Ž
End of the day, the set up for Zoroβ€˜s crowning achievement in this arc is for him to cut down Kaido over the Flower Capital, like Ryuma did to another dragon, using the sword of Oden. That is what Zoro’s greatest achievement here will be.

Can Oda also throw in Zoro vs King? Sure. Nothing stopping it. But it isn’t going to be the main event for Zoro. Oda has bothered giving any set up for it, the two were in the same vicinity as each other for like ten chapters and totally ignored one another.

Zoro vs Kaido is what has to happen. Zoro vs King is what could. If Oda also wants to throw in Zoro, not just being one of the main figures defeating Kaido, but also having defeated his strongest man before it... well, I certainly won’t complain. But it’s not going to be the main event.

Last edited:
I

Indigo

Old Gen = King and Queen as well.

Ryuma slayed the dragon with that technique, Zoro no. ZKK died. Zoro is going to reopen the scar at most.

Inherited will = Ace's = now's Luffy's. He is the guy on whom Kaido saw the shadows of those pirates. He is the one who Oda made standing up at the end of the chapter against the two Yonko after all the other SN got hit by their attacks. And most importantly, he is the MC. How can this be Zoro's main fight lol?
Law's example? Nop, irrelevant. Law took Doffy's strongest subordinate in the previous arc and then even Trebol while badly injured. What did Zoro in comparison with Law in this arc lol?

Kaido was "scared" because he felt Oden's aura, the guy who he thinks that died. "Holy shit, didn't that guy died? Why I am feeling his aura?, It's a ghost? coldsweat". That is his reaction. He wasn't scared because of the attack. Pls. The wank, stop it.
so much denial

I

Indigo

There's basically three types of people that don't want to accept that Kaido is Zoro's main fight this arc, one of them are dumb, one them are sad but i understand and the other ones have a valid point, but i think they are wrong.

The first ones are obviously Zoro Haters, they have been fighting against ZKK for a long time, they even said shit like Zoro would never meet Kaido and interact with him at all. But now that we're here, they keep trying to downplay the possiblity of ZKK and just keep saying shit like "at most he will just reopen Kaido's scar", like that's not an impressive feat, just look at our boy here.

I can't remember what they said back then, but if i had to bet i would say PurpleSwordsman was one of those that denied the possibilty of Zoro even facing Kaido alongside Luffy or interacting with him at all.

Then we have Sanji fans, they don't want Sanji to fight Queen and Zoro to go against Kaido, because that's a huge gap of portrayal and that sucks for them, they will never hear the end of it. So they hope Zoro will fight King and the two of them stay closer.

Then we have the people that believe the Raid on Onigashima will end in failure, because they are really hung up on the 5 Act structure. So they think this fight will not go down, everyone on the roof will get clapped and the raid will fail completely, and so the alliance will have to regroup and try an attack against Kaido again, but this time it will be Luffy 1v1 against Kaido, maybe with the help of Kidd and Law, but this time Zoro will be fighting King, Sanji will be fighting Queen and so on...