Current Events What Would it Take to Convince You That Kaido is Zoro's Main Fight This Arc?

Who is Zoro's Main Opponent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He will fight King, then fight Kaido with SNs

the build up to him fighting Kaido can't be denied, but I also find it extremely obvious he will fight King based on the formula we are used to in the story and the traits King have Wich scream Zoro opponent

Zoro vs King will happen, then he fight Kaido, but won't give him the finishing blow nor will he outshine Luffy or even come close to him

King is not strong enough to give current Zoro that fight. Not when Zoro can already easily cut through fire and has the offensive prowess to terrify two Yonkou.

If Zoro fights King, you wouldn't get the extreme diff 1 vs 1 where Zoro surpasses his limits that you're looking for.
Zoro didn't terrify them either, but rather they realized that he represents a threat, like when Luffy used Red Roc against Kaido. One thing is fear and another respect.

Regarding King, we haven't seen him fight seriously nor do we know anything about his powers. To value the power of a character without seeing him in action is a bit hasty.

Right now it's just hard to imagine how this rooftop battle can be the final confrontation of the Arc, without making the conclusion of the arc feel extremely rushed. Not to mention I see no viable way for the Worst Generation members to win this with there being two Yonko's on the roof. They need to focus all their attention on just one Yonko in order to stand a chance, but they can't do that when they have another Yonko attacking them from a distance. This was made apparent last chapter. Defeating Kaido is damn near impossible while trying to avoid outside attacks from Big Mom, and the same would be the case vice versa.

There is also the sense of the impending doom from the ticking timebomb scenario, or rather lack thereof. I know people are saying it's Onigashima being dropped on the Flower capital, but outside of Big Mom, nobody, anywhere even knows that's the plan. This whole situation just feels like Oda is giving the illusion that this is supposed to be the Final Confrontation, but if you compare it to how that is setup in other arcs, it's very flimsy.

The way I look at it is, if this is truly meant to be the final confrontation, which I am leaning more towards it no being, then yes, this will be Zoro's main fight of the arc. But if it does turn out that Oda is rope-a-doping everyone, and is going to be splitting everyone up again, in order to properly setup his final confrontations, then I just don't see everyone gathering back up to finish off Kaido. Not when there is so many others on the antagonists side who still need to be defeated.

Of course there is the issue of Zoro heavily damaging Kaido in the same vain as Oden that needs to be mimicked, but that can be achieved by opening the scar in this fight. When Oden scarred Kaido, it took days for it to heal. So Zoro doing that now, and going off to fight King later, still means he contributed to Kaido's defeat.

There's basically three types of people that don't want to accept that Kaido is Zoro's main fight this arc, one of them are dumb, one them are sad but i understand and the other ones have a valid point, but i think they are wrong.

The first ones are obviously Zoro Haters, they have been fighting against ZKK for a long time, they even said shit like Zoro would never meet Kaido and interact with him at all. But now that we're here, they keep trying to downplay the possiblity of ZKK and just keep saying shit like "at most he will just reopen Kaido's scar", like that's not an impressive feat, just look at our boy here.

I can't remember what they said back then, but if i had to bet i would say PurpleSwordsman was one of those that denied the possibilty of Zoro even facing Kaido alongside Luffy or interacting with him at all.

Then we have Sanji fans, they don't want Sanji to fight Queen and Zoro to go against Kaido, because that's a huge gap of portrayal and that sucks for them, they will never hear the end of it. So they hope Zoro will fight King and the two of them stay closer.

Then we have the people that believe the Raid on Onigashima will end in failure, because they are really hung up on the 5 Act structure. So they think this fight will not go down, everyone on the roof will get clapped and the raid will fail completely, and so the alliance will have to regroup and try an attack against Kaido again, but this time it will be Luffy 1v1 against Kaido, maybe with the help of Kidd and Law, but this time Zoro will be fighting King, Sanji will be fighting Queen and so on...
I explained myself many times, I believed in Kaido's hype about his defence thinking that you need lvl Oden AP to cut through his skin:

And then this happened:

And this too:

And this as well:

And etc...
And my face was like:

So yes, ofc at first I thought that Zoro wouldn't face Kaido since he didn't have the necessary to pierce through his skin = no point in bringing him up against Kaido since Oden was a monster and Admiral lvl at least and Zoro won't reach this lvl in this arc.
Then happened what happened with scabbards and that thought of mine crumbled ofc, if those fodders could pierce through Kaido's skin, then Zoro ofc would be able to and even better.

It's not about the difference in portrayal with Sanji since that will remain the same forever as it is now despite Zoro cultists efforts, sry.

To me it just comes down to the fundamental belief that Zoro won't upstage Luffy by defeating the arc's main antagonist himself, which ends up with 3 scenarios left on my mind:

1.- The fight with Kaido remains a joint effort between Luffy, Zoro and the other supernovas all the way through, with Zoro getting a big moment to parallel Oden and severely wound Kaido but not defeating him alone.
I think this one is the most likely to happen if things continue to go as they are right now, without any drastic shift in battlefield or situation.

2.- Zoro gets his big moment but is eventually incapacitated by Kaido, leaving the fight to happen only between the main captains or eventually end up with a Luffy vs Kaido. I only mention this one because Oda loves to end arcs with a big 1v1 fight at the end, but given the scope of the conflict and power levels, this could very well not end up happening.

3.- Same as above but instead of being incapacitated, Zoro ends up fighting King (along with Sanji for Queen and possibly Killer/Jinbe if Jack also comes back) so that he doesn't interfere with the main fight. This is just the classic setup a lot of people want, myself included, not out of any hate or underestimating Zoro, but simply because i want Zoro to get a badass duel and finishing move against someone and i just don't think he'll quite get that against Kaido.

With all that said, Big Mom and the other supernovas (Drake and Hawkins included) being there, plus the overall scale of this conflict make it hard to predict what's going to happen or if there will even be a "classic" setup for a final battle. Hell many people still think this raid will fail somehow so who knows.

1. Luffy said he will be the one to overcome the yonko, saying this 400 chapters ago and now again redeclaring it, he was the one who lost to Kaido before and spent a year of dedicated chapter time till his rematch, it will seem a little strange to me if Zoro's role is bigger in the fight than Luffy's. Maybe if a bigger opponent comes to the island for Luffy to deal with, otherwise Luffy is going to be the one knocking Kaido out.
  2. I don't think Zoro could deal with a serious Kaido who is agro'd on him, he would need to rely on Luffy taking most of the agro and setting him up for sneak attacks.
  3. Zoro would need to start blasting out CoC or something to compete when the yonko start using it.
  4. I don't think Zoro vs King is likely, he's proven he can cut fire already, has proven he doesn't deal with fast fliers very well and I think Sanji has more beef with him. If Oda wants Luffy vs. Kaido 1vs1 I think a nerfed damaged Zoro would be more likely to fight Queen.

I explained myself many times, I believed in Kaido's hype about his defence thinking that you need lvl Oden AP to cut through his skin:

And then this happened:

And this too:

And this as well:

And etc...
And my face was like:

So yes, ofc at first I thought that Zoro wouldn't face Kaido since he didn't have the necessary to pierce through his skin = no point in bringing him up against Kaido since Oden was a monster and Admiral lvl at least and Zoro won't reach this lvl in this arc.
Then happened what happened with scabbards and that thought of mine crumbled ofc, if those fodders could pierce through Kaido's skin, then Zoro ofc would be able to and even better.

It's not about the difference in portrayal with Sanji since that will remain the same forever as it is now despite Zoro cultists efforts, sry.
Yeah we know your dreams were Shattered i remember 🤡
Wut?

About the main point, ofc, Zoro won't fight Kaido, nor he will kill him.
Kaido was talking about Straw Hat Luffy and Kinemon praised him, no shit about Zoro. Zoro didn't exist in that conversation.
Kinemon as the leader of scabbards talked to Luffy, the leader of the alliance before he went to the roof.
When Ashura saw Luffy's CoC, he remember Oden, his leader. CoC users are the main characters, the leader, where everyone put their faith, etc.

Zoro has no attachment/relationship/ties/motives with the boss. Enma? It was a mere hype to boost his strength cause Sanji had his own powerup before him and he wouldn't stay behind obviously. Everyone cut Kaido and Oden cut Kaido with his both swords. So the crap about Oden's will through Enma to Zoro is crap and the same with "the only sword which cut him", that's all.

People were saying before that Zoro would cut Orochi and with this one he has more "relationship/ties/motives", and now he is dead lol.

Zoro is not a main character in Wano. The story does not spin around him.
But it does around Luffy.

As for a possible clash with BM, well, maybe. After all he is running around the place now with Apoo so he may arrive where BM and shot some attacks at her.
Btw thats after the sccabards already stabbed Kaido. Lmao and yes Zoro has wayy better potrayal then Sanji who will likely fight 2nd commander Queen. While Zoro has BM warning Kaido about Zoro attacks.

Last edited:
Note, that at no point in his post @Charlotte Horchata called the Zoro fans :
-Insane
-Sword swallower
-Wankers
-Dick riders

At no point he tried to belittle the Zoro fans and disparaged their opinion.

At that is the difference between the really honest people and the others.
Thanks for highlighting this.

I have no problem with discussing Zoro and Zoro alone in a respectful manner, and insulting his fans lack validity as an argument anyways. Of course I sometimes direct my comments to some fans, but not when discussing the actual work but their behavior in this forum and how they approach their understanding of this series, which I may disagree with.

We can all have civil conversations on anything about this story; the problem commonly comes with some of its readers who never learned how to interact with adults (not only fans of Zoro). So if we're just commenting on the content of this piece of cartoonish visual literature for teens, why should things get so heat up so easily? :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
Yeah we know your dreams were Shattered i remember 🤡
QUOTE="PurpleSwordsman, post: 790418, member: 2476"]Wut?

About the main point, ofc, Zoro won't fight Kaido, nor he will kill him.
Kaido was talking about Straw Hat Luffy and Kinemon praised him, no shit about Zoro. Zoro didn't exist in that conversation.
Kinemon as the leader of scabbards talked to Luffy, the leader of the alliance before he went to the roof.
When Ashura saw Luffy's CoC, he remember Oden, his leader. CoC users are the main characters, the leader, where everyone put their faith, etc.

Zoro has no attachment/relationship/ties/motives with the boss. Enma? It was a mere hype to boost his strength cause Sanji had his own powerup before him and he wouldn't stay behind obviously. Everyone cut Kaido and Oden cut Kaido with his both swords. So the crap about Oden's will through Enma to Zoro is crap and the same with "the only sword which cut him", that's all.

People were saying before that Zoro would cut Orochi and with this one he has more "relationship/ties/motives", and now he is dead lol.

Zoro is not a main character in Wano. The story does not spin around him.
But it does around Luffy.

As for a possible clash with BM, well, maybe. After all he is running around the place now with Apoo so he may arrive where BM and shot some attacks at her.
Btw thats after the sccabards already stabbed Kaido. Lmao and yes Zoro has wayy better potrayal then Sanji who will likely fight 2nd commander Queen. While Zoro has BM warning Kaido about Zoro attacks.
[/QUOTE]

I commented many times as well after this first chapter of scabbards and said that Kaido might have the same problem as BM with Mother's Carmel portrait and he loses his hardness but in his case it is because of Oden "ptsd". Since you like to search about my comments, you can go and search for this one :P
At that point I still believed in Kaido's hype and tried to explain why that happened.

But ofc nothing more it was said during all the fight with scabbards or after it about this, so that possible explanation became invalid and it's simply that Oda exaggerated his hardness.
Fake hype. It's only above his peers except BM's, but nothing so impressive as he was portraying at first.

I commented many times as well after this first chapter of scabbards and said that Kaido might have the same problem as BM with Mother's Carmel portrait and he loses his hardness but in his case it is because of Oden "ptsd". Since you like to search about my comments, you can go and search for this one :P
At that point I still believed in Kaido's hype and tried to explain why that happened.

But ofc nothing more it was said during all the fight with scabbards or after it about this, so that possible explanation became invalid and it's simply that Oda exaggerated his hardness.
Fake hype. It's only above his peers except BM's, but nothing so impressive as he was portraying at first.[/QUOTE]
Na wasn't Fake hype, he just facing strong Samurais with good Ryou. So i guess @PizzaBread was right. You were one of the ones saying Zoro wouldn't even fight Kaido and now since its happening you went another route to downplay. Lmao
@PurpleSwordsman

Orochi is his main fight. Orochi is who he hates and wants to get revenge against.

Kaido is just something to keep him busy till Orochi comes back into the plot

:seriously:main fight yeah

Imagine thinking lufdy will start his main fight or finish his main fight before others even fight theirs or win

And no,
Zoro isn't gonna be at the finale vs Kaido in act 4.

Law, kidd and Luffy vs Kaido
Even on the roof...it will end up a battle of conquerors after Law, Killer and zoro are out. (Zoro will reopen the scar *solo or with killer*)

Lanji almost lost his virginity when he got penetrated by king's beak

Can the king vs Zoro supporters give us anything in the manga that proves that Zoro will fight King ?
He has a sword and is most likely Kaido's second in command/strongest behind him in his own crew.
As dumb and simplistic as that sounds, that's all it's been needed for Zoro fights in the past.
Disregarding blind hate and trolling, it's not exactly hard to imagine a situation where Zoro performs a great feat against Kaido but ultimately has to stop King from interfering with his captain's main fight once we get to the absolute climax of the arc, which might not even be on the Onigashima skull.