Future Events Oda's killing problem - does he have the guts to kill Kaido?

How will Oda solve the killing problem?

• Luffy ends his pacifist run and kills Kaido

• Zoro finally commits an on-panel murder

• Kid or Law do the dirty work for them

• Big Mom backstabs Kaido

• Blackbeard appears and backstabs Kaido

• He doesn't. Kaido is imprisoned eternally (in a Poneglyph or something? idk)

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
You really think Kaidou needs a helping hand to make a prision break?
So we got introduced to an nigh unkillable character, who has been imprisioned 18 times, executed dozens of times, and your solution to deal with this character is to.... imprision him? :seriously:
Linlin was render useless and was at Kaido's mercy when she had seastone cuffs.
Doffy is still stuck down there

I think Doffy and Crocodile will help the Strawhats during the fight against the World Government. Doffy did say that he wants to take revenge against the Celestial Dragons after all.
It plausible but I don't want that to happen.
Doffy wished or wants shall not bear fruit.He will just read the newspaper of what happen to CD and the WG in his lonely cell.
I think during his 18 imprisionments times, someone would be wise enough to chain him in seastone cuffs.
Then are you proposing Kaido broke through the seastone cuffs to escape?

Last edited:
Except kaido dying has been hammered home all arc and not just by kaido but by all of wano
kaidos dream isnt just death its a grand death like roger wb or oden
Right but that doesn't mean he's going to achieve it. Kaido's desire is a misinterpretation of what made those deaths Grand. Hence why he's never meant to achieve it. Because he doesn't actually understand what made them Great.

But Kaido been captured before. Luffy beating him up isn't doing anything. He just escapes
Thats something that bothered me too for a while and I couldn't figure it out until I realized Luffy still needs to crush his dream.

Luffy is all about crushing his opponent's dreams. So whats the most fitting way to crush the dreams of Kaido who wants to die?

Well the conclusion I've come to is that Kaido is a man who spent his entire life crushing the dreams of "would be" Pirate Kings, breaking their wills and making them into his subordinates. So I thought it'd be really fitting if the actual Future Pirate King comes in and crushes Kaido's dream to die by making him into a subordinate.

He doesn't get to die like the greatest of men. He doesn't get the One Piece either. Instead he gets served exactly what he's been dishing out for years. Getting tamed and put in his place like the animal he is.

Thats the way I look at it anyways.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Right but that doesn't mean he's going to achieve it. Kaido's desire is a misinterpretation of what made those deaths Grand. Hence why he's never meant to achieve it. Because he doesn't actually understand what made them Great.

Thats something that bothered me too for a while and I couldn't figure it out until I realized Luffy still needs to crush his dream.

Luffy is all about crushing his opponent's dreams. So whats the most fitting way to crush the dreams of Kaido who wants to die?

Well the conclusion I've come to is that Kaido is a man who spent his entire life crushing the dreams of "would be" Pirate Kings, breaking their wills and making them into his subordinates. So I thought it'd be really fitting if the actual Future Pirate King comes in and crushes Kaido's dream to die by making him into a subordinate.

He doesn't get to die like the greatest of men. He doesn't get the One Piece either. Instead he gets served exactly what he's been dishing out for years. Getting tamed and put in his place like the animal he is.

Thats the way I look at it anyways.
luffy cannot crush his dream
a loss here (which wouldnt even be to luffy alone the man has already fought 14 guys so far)
would be this mans EIGHTH loss
why would this loss crush him when the other 7 didnt
why would this capture be successful when the other EIGHTEEN were not

kaido can die without achieving his dream

luffy cannot crush his dream
Literally just went over how that could happen.

Again Kaido doesn't need to die and he's more than likely not going to.

Having his will broken by Luffy and made into a subordinate just as he has done to others is a fitting way to put an end his story.

kaido can die without achieving his dream
Right but he doesn't have to. He has no reason to get either of those things.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Literally just went over how that could happen.

Again Kaido doesn't need to die and he's more than likely not going to.

Having his will broken by Luffy and made into a subordinate just as he has done to others is a fitting way to put an end his story.

Right but he doesn't have to. He has no reason to get either of those things.
Why would kaidos will be broken when hes lost before ?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
*rolls eyes*

lol. Ok aside from that.

Luffy typically destroys his opponents dreams/goals.

Kaido isn't meant to be happy and get what he wants.

No one's gonna kill him. Thats not what his story is about.
I said that was one option dimwit. Another option I also said was Law hacks him to pieces.

But now that I think about it, there is no reason Kaido has to die.
How is Kaido's defeat made permanent?
:choppawhat:

Ryuma and Zoro killed dragons by beheading. Would Oda be willing to draw such a violent death, one caused by a main character at that?
If Zoro beheads Kaido, it would be in Dragon form.

• In what way would Kaido’s dreams be shattered or his values disproven if he died? Doffy’s and Hody’s defeats were cemented by the surrounding circumstances (D clan members, unity between fish men and humans etc) but in this case, Kaido wants to die. Killing him in a Great War would in some ways be giving him exactly what he wants?
  • Oda tends not to kill major antagonists. They usually stick around to provide commentary on future events (Doffy) or to be brought back in future as either powered up enemies or allies (Buggy, Enel, Caesar, Croc, Lucci). Is he going to buck the trend now and have the Straw Hats finally kill a major enemy?
I don't have a good answer to the above, and those reservations are why I don't boldly predict Zoro killing Kaido. That said, I also don't know how Kaido's defeat will be made permanent.

"Oh we didn't say Zoro will kill Kaido, it was just a joke"

Can't wait.:gokulaugh:
Nah, the ZKK crowd isn't going to backtrack on ZKK if Oda sidelines Zoro. It's a honest belief, and if we're wrong, we're wrong.

If Oda was to draw Kaido being decapitated, it would more than likely be in silhouette

Cause it is a very violent way to go, very different from Zoro cutting off the head of the PH dragon, which was just a mindless beast.
Would this apply to beheading a dragon?

Luffy making Kaido his subordinate is even more unlikely than Zoro killing Kaido.

It plausible but I don't want that to happen.
Doffy wished or wants shall not bear fruit.He will just read the newspaper of what happen to CD and the WG in his lonely cell.

Then are you proposing Kaido broke through the seastone cuffs to escape?
Yeah why not, even Shiki did it. Kaidou could fly, he could sacrifice one/ones of his limbs and yoink his way out of there.

If Oda was to draw Kaido being decapitated, it would more than likely be in silhouette

Cause it is a very violent way to go, very different from Zoro cutting off the head of the PH dragon, which was just a mindless beast.
It's not going to be in anything. Give it a fucking rest. If anyone's killing Kaido, it's Blackbeard so he can take his DF.

Oda himself made it clear SHs and killing don't go together. On multiple occasions actually.

Yeah i'm talking about if Kaidou is imprisioned in Impel Down
But we were talking about his previous 18 captures.
I dont see those people having seastone on them unless Kaido had an third party who broke him out because like I said not even Linlin could break out of the seatstone cuffs.
Thats the question how the hell did he escape 18 times even though he was obviously cuffed with seastone schackles
Perhaps the people didnt have the seastone cuffs or a third party help him escape. Oda should show us but instead like always just tells..