[FNZ] Role Madness [Season 2] Round 1 - The Dancing Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Can you please quote me the times she did that? I may have missed it.
These two posts:

This ^.

Lock Poison Town, throw the key into the ocean nobody cares.
Rhea. Light just agreed to simping for Sukuna for a month if he‘s scum. He can‘t be scum lmfao.
-----------------------
Thanks!

What makes Rhea and Reborn neutral? Don't you think she slipped in her conversation with Light?
I don't think that's a slip from Rhea tbh. It just felt like she was stating the obvious to me - she didn't receive a notification of a lynch write up from the hosts.

Reborn - his read is more complicated for me. I don't know if I missed any other suspicion he has on Usopp, but he said Usopp's case on Fuji is weak. I think that's the only case he has on Usopp and he put a vote on him. He also thinks that the Rhea suspicion is a weak case. But I haven't seen him mention Light or you being suspicious. @Reborn correct me if I'm wrong.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I don't really have a full-fledged read list yet. On my sus list I have Rhea duh, Susopp and Beta thus far.
It’s not that I didn’t read your posts, it’s that they felt opportunistic and unfounded. Fuji always buddies up to people, it’s a big part of his meta...you, on the other hand, haven’t even tried to make a friend here so far and have been antagonizing people just for playing a D1 like they would any other, and that’s not even including how you’ve gone after the inactives, a tactic I really find lazy. If this is your style of play when you’re town, I personally don’t care for it.
opportunistic of what lol. its not like we lynched Fuji. heck none has voted him yet and i dont have anyone to save. do u even know what opportunistic is lol

i know i am town, i dont mind interacting with the whole game and getting them to talk. u know how many inactifag scums where there in weeb game. its not lazy at all to get them to talk

u know whats lazy? ppl like u who just come here to target the most active players then dip without bothering with extracting stuff from the least active ones

thats whats lazy

Vote Lynch Light @Noctis

He's the most likely to flip scum to me. His push on Rhea never wholly convinced me at all and I made a thorough case about it yesterday. You can go check it out or I'll quote it later on if people wish. His push towards me felt like another red flag in that he came off as a calculative mind in more than one occasion, so it virtually was no coincidence. Also since I also happen to sus Fujishiro and he is unexplainably giving him a pass I feel to add that as a further element that raises the overall odds.

Sadly D1 is a day in which it's particularly daunting to pick the right people, so I made sure to make my mind more consistently or else it could of seemed that I was pushing a player without firm consistency nesting beneath the choice.
He isn't acting scum as far as I can see

These two posts:

-----------------------

I don't think that's a slip from Rhea tbh. It just felt like she was stating the obvious to me - she didn't receive a notification of a lynch write up from the hosts.

Reborn - his read is more complicated for me. I don't know if I missed any other suspicion he has on Usopp, but he said Usopp's case on Fuji is weak. I think that's the only case he has on Usopp and he put a vote on him. He also thinks that the Rhea suspicion is a weak case. But I haven't seen him mention Light or you being suspicious. @Reborn correct me if I'm wrong.
So what do you make of her absence after her conversation with Light? That doesn't seem like hiding to you?

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Also...any reason why you left Poison out in your list?
I just realized I left her out of the list lmao.

She's been getting people's opinion on other players and asking them questions. I did not like her "abundant independents" mention though. However, I think she's corrected that.

I don't remember who she voted for though. @Poison who would you want to lynch?

Emil

Certified Memelord
Rhea is a new player and reading her exchange with Light it looks like she slipped. She said she didn‘t read the game and yet was apparently aware of the WUs. That‘s a contradiction. And her reactions to that seem like last game where she was scum.

Sussopp is all over the place again throwing suspicions left and right. Looks like his scum self.

Beta‘s Town play is annoying and it feels like that now.
uhh im only realy throwing big suspections on fuji and u lol. the other interactions is me answering ppl.

this is kinda lazy response and excuse by u if anything lol

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
opportunistic of what lol. its not like we lynched Fuji. heck none has voted him yet and i dont have anyone to save. do u even know what opportunistic is lol

i know i am town, i dont mind interacting with the whole game and getting them to talk. u know how many inactifag scums where there in weeb game. its not lazy at all to get them to talk

u know whats lazy? ppl like u who just come here to target the most active players then dip without bothering with extracting stuff from the least active ones

thats whats lazy
So if we agree I’m lazy - and if that’s all I was doing, I could have targeted any active player at the time - wouldn’t I recognize it when I see it? Therefore, when I call you hounding the inactives as such, does that mean I’m onto something?

Rhea has only been town once and that was when I controlled her lmfao. So she didn't get to play as town.
I‘ve seen her play behind the scenes as a host when she was Town. She had a message ability and asked questions. I don‘t see her question anything here. She‘s instead rather defensive. Adding the slip and her hiding it isn‘t looking good for her.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
What are the odds scum are trying to powerwolf? I got 3 votes on me rn and I am the leading wagon, with the voters on me being Rhea, Beta and Lanji. The first two are the people I've been pushing and just OMGUS voted me, and the third one -Lanji- is the guy that does not see anything wrong with Rhea and Beta and is trying to paint that going after them is scum play.

What are the odds scum are trying to powerwolf? I got 3 votes on me rn and I am the leading wagon, with the voters on me being Rhea, Beta and Lanji. The first two are the people I've been pushing and just OMGUS voted me, and the third one -Lanji- is the guy that does not see anything wrong with Rhea and Beta and is trying to paint that going after them is scum play.
Wait, you are leading now?

@Noctis can we get a vote count, please?

Emil

Certified Memelord
Are you repeating how much you are Town in an attempt to convince us as such? This is a pretty common scum tactic, where one attempts to insert something that isn't proven to be factual, as factual, in order to get people to look past them.
No, expert Scum would not employ WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me, circular reasoning). Expert Scum would appear to be contributive, while actually only contributing fluff/not scum hunting. It's true that scum tend not to want to act like scum, but fluffing or not is mostly playstyle-related this early on.
Yes, because this would exhibit behaviour that suggests the player in question is not scum hunting. Scum tend not to want to scum hunt, because either their contributions will in time be proven to be false/misleading, which would lead the town to them, or they are correct, and will lead the town to one of their scum buddies. So a player who is flagrantly not trying to hunt scum, and instead buffers the thread with useless observations and remarks, would indeed be exhibiting scum behaviour. In an ideal world, this would be cut and dry, but unfortunately it often contains false positives, and people like to consider themselves authorities on what contributes as "scum-hunting" - a vague and ill-defined term at best. Which means oftentimes the player caught via this is a townie playing like an extra scum member, or a townie who was scum hunting, but wasn't employing the same methods that the vocal townies like to use, so were told they wasn't scum hunting. It's still worth bearing in mind, of course, scummy behaviour should always be called out, but I'd be wary about using it as the sole determinator for a lynch.
Is this going to be the extent of your contributions?
Why are you asking us to tell you what your conclusions should be? This reads like you trying to get confirmation that this is viewed as scummy behaviour that you can push safely, which would also imply you're unable to determine that for yourself. Which, in turn, indicates scum logic.
What evidence is there in thread to support this conclusion of yours?
The key word here being primarily[/], as we will later see Finalbeta misuse this term.
Why on Earth would we apply generic odds on the likelihood of a role existing, in a role madness game?
I hate that a Day Phase of this length is considered "long". Her jumping from one lynch to another is a generic scum tell, because it shows behaviour of someone who is pushing votes to see what gains traction, rather than pushing votes based on what they've determined is scummy behaviour. Scum tend to want to get votes on townies.
This is not a justifiable reason to excuse scummy behaviour. While you are correct in that it's a very low-level scum tell, it is a scum tell for a reason. I feel like you are being unduly defensive of Rhea here.
Your contributions thus far have consisted of you asking for more input on a small fluff dialogue between three people, out of which even you seem unsure who looks suspicious enough to push from, and beg for a dance partner. If you've been "busting scums", I've yet to see any evidence of it here.
Why is this your conclusion?
Can we please stop getting caught up in last game? This game is the current one, I feel like too mucn discussion has occurred based on the previous game. Meta is a fickle thing.
I agree, but this is really the average Mafia experience. And it is Day 1, after all.
Correlation does not imply causation. This is utter nonsense.
But if you're dealing with a savvy scum member, chances are it's the little details that will be important. Which is to say, while context is important, dismissing posts because they're isolated is not the way to go either.
What does "liking" in this context then, if not to indicate alignment? I can understand it not being a strong read, sure, but to say it's not indicative of alignment at all really bewilders me.
Here we have Beta misusing OMGUS. Questioning the line of suspicion raised against you based on the logical merits it has is not the same as suspecting someone simply because they vote for you.
*Urge to be Kanye-sama intensifies*
Oh My God You Suck. A nuanced term that often gets applied without nuance. The idea is that, when someone votes for you, you respond by claiming they are the scummy ones, not you, because they voted for you. It's nuanced because if you are town, you are approaching the game from a townie mindset. So when someone does not share that mindset, or even really close to it, and is reading the game very differently from you, it's a natural reaction to suspect that the reason they are doing so is because they don't share your alignment. Thus, if you are town, their chances of being scum increase. However, to avoid using OMGUS, you need to ensure that you establish that their reasoning for voting for you is flawed, and better yet, flawed in a way that is not simply mistaken, but manipulative and scummy. If you skip this stage, or ignore it entirely, then you probably end up using OMGUS. If you're unable to establish why their reasoning is flawed, even as a means to defend yourself, then you probably shouldn't be openly voting for/suspecting them in thread.
Rhea, towards Light, is pretty much OMGUS. I say pretty much, because Light's suspicion on Rhea is based heavily on pedantic reasoning that can be reasonably explained away via common sense, but Rhea has not articulated any of this in the thread. Or at least, hadn't at the time of voting for Light.
Your soft defence of Beta has been duly noted.
It's not really that difficult. As town, you want to highlight and ultimately remove players that are playing like scum. Beta is one of those. If you feel like his play isn't scummy enough to warrent a lynch over others who either are scummier of offer more of an upside information wise, then you keep him on the back burner until he either makes his alignment clearer through his posts, or a Vigilante decides to remove him (which is what the Vigilante should be shooting for at this stage of the game, if they must shoot at all). If you feel like there are no better lynches, then he's as good as any other policy lynch (others being hard inactives or players who have only posted to fluff). I can get behind a Beta lynch today, I can also back a Rhea lynch, a God D. Usopp lynch, and part of me is feeling a Flower lynch, but less so than the others.
dem this is some WPK level end of day post

> fuji gives me early game tmi/buddying vibes, mostly toward lanji and mango

> flower locked poison as town rly darn fast and is asking ppl for their town reads lol. shes also soft defending beta and is pretty conservative with her posts. and well ofc rule of archenemies still stands

> fuji flips scum its clear to me then that lanji is town, cuz scum wont buddy their scummate like that

did i miss anything else?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Wait, you are leading now?

@Noctis can we get a vote count, please?
After this vote count by Noctis
Vote Count

Voters

Light D Lamperouge > RheanaeL
Go D. Usopp ™ > Flower > Fujishiro > Light D Lamperouge > Fujishiro
Flower > Go D. Usopp ™ > RheanaeL
RheanaeL > Light D Lamperouge > Go D. Usopp ™ > Light D Lamperouge
MangoSenpai > Go D. Usopp ™
Lindltaylor > Flower
Fujishiro > Finalbeta

Votes

RheanaeL - 2