Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
If Jack and Sanji do face, no way Sanji will look bad. Whilst Jack lost a real fight, Sanji had his weakness exploited by Oda just for him to get stalled. Even though Sanji doesnt look bad as Jack currently, Oda still owes him more. Plus Jack is a person weaker than Sanji's true opponent, so Oda needs to make Sanji look stronger. Jack is a perfect toy to make it seem that way.

Yall dont hold your breath for Jack, he's getting squashed by Sanji. Especially since Sanji feels like he wasted so much time, he'll be pissed af if someone stands in his way.
Man. Sanji must be so strong to squash Yonko Commander.

I agree with your takes. Oda hasnโ€™t ever deviated from his usual outline and this arc will not be an exception, unless it involves Zoro whoโ€™s also had precedence. Given that youโ€™ve also read OP for several years, and your also pushing Zoro v King, that says something.
Listen, I've been reading OP for nearly 15 years at this point (aging myself but I was 12 when I started) with CNET translations after scans released way later than what we get, but I definitely don't hold my opinion higher than others. I just recognize some of the shit Oda does or has done and try and present that to people, even those on here as hard as it is.....Though he could be entirely breaking the mold on what I personally expect him to do.

I just try to apply some sort of logic to what I'm seeing. The only thing that truly has bothered me about Zoro directly fighting Yonko at this point is that Oda never really allowed Zoro to have some key moments that proved he was ready to do so, unlike Luffy. We also have Luffy who consistently fights main villains who are far stronger than Zoro's on general. Its just the standard Shonen staple that normally implies how much stronger the MC normally is.

I WILL say though that Oda has done an excellent job on keeping virtually every crew member relevant in some way, combat or not. You can see something like Dragon ball and Krillen became pointless after Namek essentially.

I really, truly have no direct issue with Zoro fighting Kaido with Luffy. It actually explains how Luffy can/should win this arc along with the other Supernova. But I wish we got an explanation for why he's now all of a sudden been matched as Luffys contemporary when it comes to matchups. This was never the case before and it likely won't be when Luffy fights Blackbeard, so why break the threshold now? I would have expected it when Luffy potentially fights Shanks and Zoro fights Mihawk since that essentially elicits a sort of equality when it comes to who they are fighting.

Also on that note, its also worth just pointing out that it wasn't retroactive bias to call Robin/Brook vs Black Maria. They were heading to the mansion after Zoro went up to the roof, and I was essentially calling it the past 2 months because Jinbe was essentially solidified to WsW due to story ties (though I do admit I was about Brook taking over until this chapter again). Same reason why I've been calling Sanji vs Queen. Yamato vs Jack is based solely on the fact that she seems to be the only other available powerhouse, but at this point she's not near Jack so I have no idea. Chopper being involved with Page 1 just comes from the fact that the weak duo only seems to be fighting Ulti, who is specifically angry at them. Hes pretty much the last one out at that point.

Any number of these aren't guaranteed, but you can logic your way through potential possibilities. Zoro vs King first started because King is a meito user. However, so is WsW and Jinbe is breaking that rule of engagement so who knows. Its really just all in good fun. I actually don't care what the matchups end up being, I just want the story to flow logically because One Piece is a story thoroughly enjoy doing rereads on. Even if Zoro fights a Yonko till the end of the arc, im sure Oda will explain his growth logically.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
Empty spoilers. Might need pictures to be a worthwhile read. Good to see Robin finally get some spotlight after so long.

I don't even know what to say about the Sanji situation. Yeah, it's stalling him, but Oda could've gone about it much better. To be honest, we really didn't need all this attention him getting beaten. Oda could instead develop more important stuff like the silhouette or Momo and Yamato's current whereabouts. The Sanji thing could've been a background element until he was ready to be free.

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
โ€Ž
This will come to bite them if sanji fights jack and goes hard diff with him, They are just giving us material that will make them and sanji look worse, Because they think hes a pushover and that supposedly hes not on sanjis level and that sanji is supposed to max mid diff.
:lawsigh:
Oda is already doing that for us Champ.

They don't learn and its fine.
I need some Hopium @bennbeckman
Our Sanjibros ran out of the bathsalts they used during WCI
So now they are saying random shit

OP is so bad right now...
This is supposed to be a all-out war right now, but 20 chapters (or how many it is) into the ''fight'' and we stil have unnecessary build up chapters and stupid plots which have no point...
We get 2 chapters in a row if we are lucky and then get this shit like this...really hard to read OP right now...
Great to be a fan of any SH other than Simpji right now and I'm loving it:milaugh:

Oda's dragging this soooooooo much, i thought someone posted the same spoilers as last week by mistake when i started reading this.

Black Maria urges Sanji to call Robin.
Sanji is defeated by Black Maria as he does nothing to defend himself.
It seems that he has defeated the male subordinates, but not the women.

We already saw this, Oda, you senile old bastard. Sanji should have called for Robin last chapter if he was just gonna easily call her anyway literaly in the next one.......
:seriously:

H

humanbeing

Robin usually wins her fights quickly. i am looking forward for how much time will take her this time. her power is overpowered. but still her last and only serious 1 vs 1 fight was against Yama in skypea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
โ€Ž
Listen, I've been reading OP for nearly 15 years at this point (aging myself but I was 12 when I started) with CNET translations after scans released way later than what we get, but I definitely don't hold my opinion higher than others. I just recognize some of the shit Oda does or has done and try and present that to people, even those on here as hard as it is.....Though he could be entirely breaking the mold on what I personally expect him to do.

I just try to apply some sort of logic to what I'm seeing. The only thing that truly has bothered me about Zoro directly fighting Yonko at this point is that Oda never really allowed Zoro to have some key moments that proved he was ready to do so, unlike Luffy. We also have Luffy who consistently fights main villains who are far stronger than Zoro's on general. Its just the standard Shonen staple that normally implies how much stronger the MC normally is.

I WILL say though that Oda has done an excellent job on keeping virtually every crew member relevant in some way, combat or not. You can see something like Dragon ball and Krillen became pointless after Namek essentially.

I really, truly have no direct issue with Zoro fighting Kaido with Luffy. It actually explains how Luffy can/should win this arc along with the other Supernova. But I wish we got an explanation for why he's now all of a sudden been matched as Luffys contemporary when it comes to matchups. This was never the case before and it likely won't be when Luffy fights Blackbeard, so why break the threshold now? I would have expected it when Luffy potentially fights Shanks and Zoro fights Mihawk since that essentially elicits a sort of equality when it comes to who they are fighting.

Also on that note, its also worth just pointing out that it wasn't retroactive bias to call Robin/Brook vs Black Maria. They were heading to the mansion after Zoro went up to the roof, and I was essentially calling it the past 2 months because Jinbe was essentially solidified to WsW due to story ties (though I do admit I was about Brook taking over until this chapter again). Same reason why I've been calling Sanji vs Queen. Yamato vs Jack is based solely on the fact that she seems to be the only other available powerhouse, but at this point she's not near Jack so I have no idea. Chopper being involved with Page 1 just comes from the fact that the weak duo only seems to be fighting Ulti, who is specifically angry at them. Hes pretty much the last one out at that point.

Any number of these aren't guaranteed, but you can logic your way through potential possibilities. Zoro vs King first started because King is a meito user. However, so is WsW and Jinbe is breaking that rule of engagement so who knows. Its really just all in good fun. I actually don't care what the matchups end up being, I just want the story to flow logically because One Piece is a story thoroughly enjoy doing rereads on. Even if Zoro fights a Yonko till the end of the arc, im sure Oda will explain his growth logically.
I'm still on the fence about Jack vs Yamato. Although it could very well happen next chapter.
I'm all for that Yamato vs Smoothie, which we know Smoothie will definitely be fighting this arc.
And it may even be Smoothie and Jack as fights for Yamato to portray Yamato as this devastatingly strong combatant.

Status
Not open for further replies.