Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but there wasn't a set precedent for it there.

In Dressrosa:

- There was a tournament centered on gaining allies
- Half the Strawhat was split, leaving only 5 actual strawhats to fight like 10 Doflamingo Executives (4 were defeated prior of the total 14 not including Doffy (Vergo, Monet, Baby 5, Buffalo))
- Not only that, but Kyros had a dedicated plotline to eliminate one of them (he eliminated 2)
- Robin was shafted out of a fight for that reason

Wano has been very clear cut:

- Only 8 Available executives vs Doffy's 10
- The entire Strawhat crew is present
- So far, 5 of the 8 executives have exclusive Strawhat fights, even Oda is doubling up on some.
- Only Drake, Apoo and Hawkins are available outside of those tied up that aren't strawhats. If none of these 3 fight executives, then its literally up to the strawhats.
- Finally, the arc has specified the old gen being taken out by the new, which makes Marco narratively not selected to fight these characters and win, unless Oda decides to make an exception.
its simple
oda wanted to give non strawhats that role.

precedent set here isnt sh vs beast pirates
at worst its the new gen vs old and that includes drake, apoo, hawkins, and yamato.

I'm not sure why people want to see chapters dedicated to Marco vs King. Marco will be irrelevant after this arc and we gain nothing from seeing that fight outside of fanservice. It does virtually nothing to service the plot of the underdogs surpassing the top. Guaranteed Marco will be used for some other major plot device like he was for the Ice Oni virus. He may be used to help save the Wano inhabitants from Onigashima or play some other role, but I dont think combatively his role is to get a personal fight here.

If this was the final arc, then id say its vital to give him something because as a major ally, he's warranted an endgame battle to show everything he's got. This is why I expect allies like the Revolutionaries to fight CP-0 for example.

Would it make sense if Sword arrived and assisted? Of course, because they are new generation marines looking to make a change (or so we know). If Hancock arrived? Same deal as Jinbe, it makes sense. Marco personally doesn't. Hes not an underdog to King. He's been one of the top WB pirates for decades, and has nothing to prove or gain by defeating a YC.

Just my two cents on this, we will see what happens but i dont think its Marco's place

King's opponent is obvious....and that's Sanji. For me thinking of Jinbe and Brook opponent's seems to be difficult. I think this chapter confirms that Jinbe vs Jack is off. So will Jinbe go down to have his Sumo match with Queen or will he just stay with WsW.

I'm assuming due to the backstory between the two WsW vs Jinbe will be Jinbe's matchup. Fish vs Cat is interesting fight indeed. This means poor Brook will be support.

Queen will have to deal with the SN revolution, with Hawkins and Apoo most likely going to be betraying him and joining Drake. All 3 acting like Chopper's bodyguard whilst Chopper works on the medicine.

I'm not sure why people want to see chapters dedicated to Marco vs King. Marco will be irrelevant after this arc and we gain nothing from seeing that fight outside of fanservice. It does virtually nothing to service the plot of the underdogs surpassing the top. Guaranteed Marco will be used for some other major plot device like he was for the Ice Oni virus. He may be used to help save the Wano inhabitants from Onigashima or play some other role, but I dont think combatively his role is to get a personal fight here.

If this was the final arc, then id say its vital to give him something because as a major ally, he's warranted an endgame battle to show everything he's got. This is why I expect allies like the Revolutionaries to fight CP-0 for example.

Would it make sense if Sword arrived and assisted? Of course, because they are new generation marines looking to make a change (or so we know). If Hancock arrived? Same deal as Jinbe, it makes sense. Marco personally doesn't. Hes not an underdog to King. He's been one of the top WB pirates for decades, and has nothing to prove or gain by defeating a YC.

Just my two cents on this, we will see what happens but i dont think its Marco's place
how relevant will the non strawhats be after the arc......

King's opponent is obvious....and that's Sanji. For me thinking of Jinbe and Brook opponent's seems to be difficult. I think this chaoter confirms that Jinbe vs Jack is off. So will Jinbe go down to have his Sumo match with Queen or will he just stay with WsW.

I'm assuming due to the backstory between the two WsW vs Jinbe will be Jinbe's matchup. Fish vs Cat is interesting fight indeed. This means poor Brook will be support.

Queen will have to deal with the SN revolution, with Hawkins and Apoo most likely going to be betraying him and joining Drake. All 3 acting like Chopper's bodyguard whilst Chopper works on the medicine.
Maybe
Post automatically merged:

But no its not obvious.
Sanji has no obvious opponent atm.
Could be Jack, Queen or King

its simple
oda wanted to give non strawhats that role.

precedent set here isnt sh vs beast pirates
at worst its the new gen vs old and that includes drake, apoo, hawkins, and yamato.
Yea but so far its been exclusively strawhats lol. I'm fine if Drake/Hawkins/Apoo participate, but who knows if they even will outside of maybe assisting to fight Kaido/BM later. We dont know their roles.

So far 5 of 8 executives are strawhat only. 6 if you give Sanji any of the remaining 3. 7 if you consider Yamato a strawhat already and if she gets a fight.

See what I mean here? That would be 6 or 7 of 8 executive fights going to Strawhat combatants. Might as well just make it 8 of 8 then

King's opponent is obvious....and that's Sanji. For me thinking of Jinbe and Brook opponent's seems to be difficult. I think this chapter confirms that Jinbe vs Jack is off. So will Jinbe go down to have his Sumo match with Queen or will he just stay with WsW.

Why is Obvious???I do prefer the Sanji Vs King, but why at the moment is so obvious??

Maybe
Post automatically merged:

But no its not obvious.
Sanji has no obvious opponent atm.
Could be Jack, Queen or King
As of now, Sanji would have no interest in Queen.....only people would be Jack and King s ince they're after the scarbbards. And let's be real, nerfed Jack would get his ass handed to him. Whilst Oda already created a clash between Sanji and King, and will expand on it lateer on.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

Sanji v Jack or Queen are still feasible scenarios. I don't get why you are so sure and exuding no doubt. Feels like you're relentlessly trying to throw wind at your own boat despite you're not even navigating.

Being WB's top commander means nothing if Oda will have hin fight King.

Nothing is set in stone yet. We could get Sanji and remaining 3 Novas vs the two Commanders. Or just Sanji and Marco vs the two Commanders, while other 3 Novas also go to rooftop, more likely not tho simply because his healing role might be more in need to heal the rooftop Novas than waste Marco's stamina. Not many choices here.

how relevant will the non strawhats be after the arc......
They will be MORE relevant after this lol

The big 8 year Kaido saga is closing. We are going back to building up the final Saga after this. It will be back to just the Strawhats again.

Not to mention the clear cut battle against at least Blackbeard who has 11 members. Right now they are more relevant than ever. Every strawhat is seemingly getting a fight. That hasn't happened since Alabasta.

They will be MORE relevant after this lol

The big 8 year Kaido saga is closing. We are going back to building up the final Saga after this. It will be back to just the Strawhats again.

Not to mention the clear cut battle against at least Blackbeard who has 11 members. Right now they are more relevant than ever. Every strawhat is seemingly getting a fight. That hasn't happened since Alabasta.
non strawhats lol

Shit i misread lol. Yeah they probably won't be. That's what I mean when I've been saying Wano seems to be really driving home Luffy's crew getting fights. Lets see where Drake, Hawkins and Apoo get involved. Im sure they have other roles to play. Tbh I wanted them in the roof, its where it made most sense with the rest of the Supernova. Maybe round 3?

they need to die, it's a perfect opportunity to test luffy's convictions like that moment in alabasta when he told vivi: it's a war, people die.
but i doubt that, after all he failed to take he's own advice in marine ford.
Nah the scabbards ain’t dying. At least not now.

If for example Kiku didn’t die taking hits from a yonko then she ain’t dying just getting marced on the floor by some random calamity

if a scabbard is to die they have to do something BIGGER than fighting a yonko. And that will be VERY HARD to do considering how big a deal the yonko are

Status
Not open for further replies.