General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Veku

Flamboyant
- Dividing the Strawhats for 2 years, only to divide them over and over again for most of the time- skip was a mistake
- Oda isn't paying enough attention to the Strawhats, while at the same time dedicates too much panels to side- characters
- The Vinsmoke storyline regarding Sanji is atrocious due the ending of Whole Cake and the Raid Suit as power up was the last nail in the coffin and thus worst power up Oda could came up with for Sanji, considering all the other possibilitys available
- The entire M3 should've gone all out at least once in a concluding fight, before they received their power ups
- Cracker is both under- and overrated due to his performance against Luffy
- Luffy before he aquired Future Sight was already comparable to Yc2-3
- Mingo is underrated mainly based on a decision of one of the most incompetent characters with one of the most embarassing showings in the entire manga and his performance comperatively to Cracker against G4, while the latter was fresh, unlike Mingo who only used his trump card after he has been hit thrice by G4, after his organs have been tone apart
- Luffy vs Katakuri is overrated and by far not the best 1v1 fight in the entire manga (Luffy getting pummeled for months, wasn't entertaining at all)
- Sabo should be erased from the story and Ace is a glorified character
- Garp may have defeated Akainu at Marineford, he might have died as well though (I even thought so before the reveal of the incident with Xebec)
- Sanji's feat against Wadatsumi is underrated, while Zoro's feat against Pica is overrated
- Jack's design is the most appealing among the Calamaties
- As of now King's devil fruit is a utterly disappointment, I've expected something special as Marco's or Katakuri's devil fruit

Last edited:
- Cracker is both under- and overrated due his performance against Luffy
I think he is more to overrated direction

- i don't believe that he can control/use more than 6 Biscuit Soldiers at the same time , otherwise if he can control 100 at the same time then why he isn't the 1st Commander already
- don't think he can beat Mingo with any less than Extreme Diff . Mingo has too many techniques ( too versatile ) , including flying with attaching his strings to clouds , Overheat ( has kilometers range , could reach Dressrosa from GreenBit in seconds ) , Parasite ( which WB's physically strongest Commander , as well as 2nd strongest Commander , couldn't get out ) , also has Awakening which can cover pretty large area , is an Endurance Beast ( consecutively tanked Counter Shock after Gamma Knife ) etc.

P

PeperLevi

-Kyros was the best character in Dressrosa beyond Donquixote Pirates. He did even better than SHF as ally. He only need learn Haki to be a worthy opponent of Luffy-Zoro-Doflamingo-Admirals.
-Chopper in his full potential is one against who both Sanji and Jinbe can't do any crap.
-Carrot is a garbage character. She's the most generic that a anthropomorphic rabbit character could be and no way so well-worked and interesting as Bepo and Faust. Her fighting power isn't nothing impressive ans she'll be useless in Wano War.
-Vivi,already in her first after Time-Skip appearence,made clear that she discovered Luffy's secret message to the crew and trained during Time-Skip. She can very well be in pre Time-Skip Kumadori's level currently.

Gr
- Dividing the Strawhats for 2 years, only to divide them over and over again for most of the time- skip was a mistake
- Oda isn't paying enough attention to the Strawhats, while at the same time dedicates too much panels for side- characters
- The Vinsmoke storyline regarding Sanji is atrocious due the ending of Whole Cake and the Raid Suit as power up was the last nail in the coffin and thus worst power up Oda could came up with for Sanji, considering all the other possibilitys available
- The entire M3 should've gone all out at least once in a concluding fight, before they received their power ups
- Cracker is both under- and overrated due his performance against Luffy
- Luffy before he aquired Future Sight was already comparable to Yc2-3
- Mingo is underrated mainly based on a decision of one of the most incompetent characters with one of the most embarassing showings in the entire manga and his performance comperatively to Cracker against G4, while the latter was fresh, unlike Mingo who only used his trump card after he has been hit thrice by G4, after his organs have been to apart
- Luffy vs Katakuri is overrated and by far not the best 1v1 fight in the entire manga (Luffy getting pummeled for months, wasn't entertaining at all)
- Sabo should be erased from the story and Ace is a glorified character
- Garp may have defeated Akainu at Marineford, he might have died as well though (I even thought so before the reveal of the incident with Xebec)
- Sanji's feat against Wadatsumi is underrated, while Zoro's feat against Pica is overrated
- Jack's design is the most appealing among the Calamaties
- As of now King's devil fruit is a utterly disappointment, I've expected something special as Marco's or Katakuri's devil fruit
great list, though maybe they aren’t so unpopular. I agree with basically all of them other than MF Garp vs Akainu.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
-Kyros was the best character in Dressrosa beyond Donquixote Pirates. He did even better than SHF as ally. He only need learn Haki to be a worthy opponent of Luffy-Zoro-Doflamingo-Admirals.
-Chopper in his full potential is one against who both Sanji and Jinbe can't do any crap.
-Carrot is a garbage character. She's the most generic that a anthropomorphic rabbit character could be and no way so well-worked and interesting as Bepo and Faust. Her fighting power isn't nothing impressive ans she'll be useless in Wano War.
-Vivi,already in her first after Time-Skip appearence,made clear that she discovered Luffy's secret message to the crew and trained during Time-Skip. She can very well be in pre Time-Skip Kumadori's level currently.
Kyros had haki. He trained Rebecca in COO. And at that Level I think he had COA too. We know Diamante had COO and COA so it can be logic for Kyros to have it too.

And I do like him.

I agree for Carrot she is not very interesting.
Pedro, Bepo are a lot more interesting.

Last edited:

Yeah I agree Kyros was pretty Godly in feats

P

PeperLevi

Kyros had haki. He trained Rebecca in COO. And at that Level I think he had COA too. We know Diamante had COO and COA so it can be logic for Kyros to have it too.

And I do like him.

I agree for Carrot she is not very interesting.
Pedro, Bepo are a lot more interesting.
And about that?:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I think that sanji has more potential.

And I don't think Vivi is a lot stronger than before.
There is no one with her fighting style in Alabasta (weapons, Carue etc) and I don't think Pell or Chaka trained her a lot. She is likely still fit and maybe a bit stronger if she trained by herself but I don't think she is leaps and bounds above her former self.
Maybe I am wrong or I miss something.

But I would have liked that Vivi stayed with the SH or if she comes back for some time.

Last edited:
I have never shared this bashing of female characters like Tashigi, Rebecca, Vivi or Smoothie. I do not think at all that Smoothie would have been made a Sweet Commander if she wasn't very ver powerful like Katakuri and Cracker (that I see below her) and I am particulary disgusted by the bashing towards Big Mom.
The main problem with all these characters (bar Vivi who I have never personally seen any “bashing” of and who does not fit the criteria below) is pretty simple.

Oda, for whatever reason, is simply subpar at handling supposedly strong female characters, especially stereotypically pretty ones. This in of itself would not be so bad if it was not for the fact that Oda keeps introducing them one after another.

Tashigi was introduced as a sword wielder reminiscent of Kuina who consistently defeated Zoro. Tashigi herself has the ambitious goal of liberating swords from what she perceives as morally evil wielders.

She has not achieved a single impressive feat since her introduction and she got utterly humiliated by Law during Punk Hazard.

She was introduced as a supposedly decent fighter but she ended up being a disappointment.

Rebecca was introduced as the “Undefeated Woman” thus creating the image of a highly accomplished gladiator.

She failed to take down a single named character in the manga and only won Block D because Hakuba neg diffed everyone else and then promptly fell asleep. She then achieves nothing after this.

She was introduced as a supposedly strong fighter but she ended up being a disappointment.

Smoothie is the absolute worst case of this problem. She not only has no feats but she is completely incompetent. She has not achieved a single thing despite supposedly being an accomplished Yonko Commander and one of Linlin’s strongest subordinates.

She got locked out of the Treasure Room, for some reason treated a door as a legitimate obstacle and decided to allow Brook to cause whatever destruction he pleased while he was in the most valuable room on the entire island, she did nothing during the Tea Party, she could not even figure out that horizontal slashes would immediately stop the Sunny dead in it’s tracks, her subordinates had to warn her not to sink her own damn ship under her own weight and despite having the word “Commander” in her job title, she was consistently ordered around by Mont Dior and Tamago, the latter of which is not even a family member.

She got introduced as a legitimate threat to the main characters, both in terms of strength and competence but she ended being an utter disappointment and a laughing stock.

I am pretty sure you have heard every negative opinion against Linlin, so I am not even going to go into detail on this one since to do so would require an entire essay in of itself.

This character is the only faction leader in One Piece that ended up being completely outshined by her own subordinate. That should tell you how seriously Oda takes her.
Ultimately the problem is this.

If an author introduces a character by telling the audience that they are capable at something and then never show them to be capable at anything then both the author and the character are going to be ridiculed.

Disappointment breeds ridicule and at the end of the day, if not even the individual that created these characters takes them seriously then why should anyone else?

The most competent and intimidating female characters Oda has created to date are the Boa Sisters and it is likely going to stay that way.

The main problem with all these characters (bar Vivi who I have never personally seen any “bashing” of and who does not fit the criteria below) is pretty simple.

Oda, for whatever reason, is simply subpar at handling supposedly strong female characters, especially stereotypically pretty ones. This in of itself would not be so bad if it was not for the fact that Oda keeps introducing them one after another.

Tashigi was introduced as a sword wielder reminiscent of Kuina who consistently defeated Zoro. Tashigi herself has the ambitions goal of liberating swords from what she perceives as morally evil wielders.

She has not achieved a single impressive feat since her introduction and she got utterly humiliated by Law during Punk Hazard.

She was introduced as a supposedly decent fighter but she ended up being a disappointment.

Rebecca was introduced as the “Undefeated Woman” thus creating the image of a highly accomplished gladiator.

She failed to take down a single named character in the manga and only won Block D because Hakuba neg diffed everyone else and then promptly fell asleep. She then achieves nothing after this.

She was introduced as a supposedly strong fighter but she ended up being a disappointment.

Smoothie is the absolute worst case of this problem. She not only has no feats but she is completely incompetent. She has not achieved a single thing despite supposedly being an accomplished Yonko Commander and one of Linlin’s strongest subordinates.

She got locked out of the Treasure Room, for some reason treated a door as a legitimate obstacle and decided to allow Brook to cause whatever destruction he pleased while he was in the most valuable room on the entire island, she did nothing during the Tea Party, she could not even figure out that horizontal slashes would immediately stop the Sunny dead in it’s tracks, her subordinates had to warn her not to sink her own damn ship under her own weight and despite having the word “Commander” in her job title, she was consistently ordered around by Mont Dior and Tamago, the latter of which is not even a family member.

She got introduced as a legitimate threat to the main characters, both in terms of strength and competence but she ended being an utter disappointment and a laughing stock.

I am pretty sure you have heard every negative opinion against Linlin, so I am not even going to go into detail on this one since to do so would require an entire essay in of itself.

This character is the only faction leader in One Piece that ended up being completely outshined by her own subordinate. That should tell you how seriously Oda takes her.

If an author introduces a character by telling the audience that they are capable at something and then never show them to be capable at anything then both the author and the character are going to be ridiculed.

Disappointment breeds ridicule and at the end of the day, if not even the individual that created these characters takes them seriously then why should anyone else?
Showing, not telling is one of the most basic principles of narrative fiction, after all.

Tashigi was introduced as a sword wielder reminiscent of Kuina who consistently defeated Zoro. Tashigi herself has the ambitions goal of liberating swords from what she perceives as morally evil wielders.

Some may choose to ridicule the characters but that's not how I do with characters who do not get their chance to be highlighted. Personnality Wise I have Nothing against any of these characters and the way they can be portrayed in general show rather the flaws in Oda's writing than their problems as characters imo.
And people who choose to downplay and bash BM conveniently forget that she's just as powerful as her fellow Yonkos and that she showed it many times and the way she has been nerfed shows how utterly fucked the Straw Hats and their allies or Queen would have been if there wasn't plot armor to protect them from her.

Tashigi was introduced as a sword wielder reminiscent of Kuina who consistently defeated Zoro. Tashigi herself has the ambitious goal of liberating swords from what she perceives as morally evil wielders.

The most competent and intimidating female characters Oda has created to date are the Boa Sisters and it is likely going to stay that way.
I agree with all of this. He sucks at writing women and drawing them for that matter. A good majority of them are Robin or Nami clones. Or he switches it up and adds some of Stussy's features.

The war didn't even start yet
We already have seen Jack fucking 2 high tiers + a village of natural born warriors
King and Queen fucking a yonko
Drunk kaido one-shotting G4 Luffy
Jack is the YC3 and he has almost the same bounty as katakuri the yc1, of course it does not mean he is stronger, but bounty is as a hype tool...
It's pretty clear the difference between when Oda really tries to hype something and when he does not care about it
Unfortunately for smoothie, being so useless it's not a character's flaw. Oda shitted on her
BM may be strong but she is so comically incompetent it does not even matter, nobody considers her a real threat... the war is against kaido and orochi... she, smoothie and perospero are just there
probably Oda just wants to get rid of linlin this arc and don't waste any more time on her, that's kinda sad
BM was actually chopper's subplot for a few chapters tbh

Last edited by a moderator: