General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

The war didn't even start yet
We already have seen Jack fucking 2 high tiers + a village of natural born warriors
King and Queen fucking a yonko
Drunk kaido one-shotting G4 Luffy
Jack is the YC3 and he has almost the same bounty as katakuri the yc1, of course it does not mean he is stronger, but bounty is as a hype tool...
It's pretty clear the difference between when Oda really tries to hype something and when he does not care about it
Unfortunately for smoothie, being so useless it's not a character's flaw. Oda shitted on her
BM may be strong but she is so comically incompetent it does not even matter, nobody considers her a real threat... the war is against kaido and orochi... she, smoothie and perospero are just there
probably Oda just wants to get rid of linlin this arc and don't waste any more time on her, that's kinda sad
BM was actually chopper's subplot for a few chapters tbh
I wasn't a big fan of Linlin being a subplot for Chopper because it just shits on her as a character.
Post automatically merged:

Also I find Wano to be incredibly bloated and slow paced. I great dislike Oden because he's a horribly written character who is probably Oda's super op self insert character. I just want more focus on the Straw Hats and for them to have actual stakes because I don't give a flying rip for these piss poor side characters.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The main problem with all these characters (bar Vivi who I have never personally seen any “bashing” of and who does not fit the criteria below) is pretty simple.

Oda, for whatever reason, is simply subpar at handling supposedly strong female characters, especially stereotypically pretty ones. This in of itself would not be so bad if it was not for the fact that Oda keeps introducing them one after another.

Tashigi was introduced as a sword wielder reminiscent of Kuina who consistently defeated Zoro. Tashigi herself has the ambitious goal of liberating swords from what she perceives as morally evil wielders.

She has not achieved a single impressive feat since her introduction and she got utterly humiliated by Law during Punk Hazard.

She was introduced as a supposedly decent fighter but she ended up being a disappointment.

Rebecca was introduced as the “Undefeated Woman” thus creating the image of a highly accomplished gladiator.

She failed to take down a single named character in the manga and only won Block D because Hakuba neg diffed everyone else and then promptly fell asleep. She then achieves nothing after this.

She was introduced as a supposedly strong fighter but she ended up being a disappointment.

Smoothie is the absolute worst case of this problem. She not only has no feats but she is completely incompetent. She has not achieved a single thing despite supposedly being an accomplished Yonko Commander and one of Linlin’s strongest subordinates.

She got locked out of the Treasure Room, for some reason treated a door as a legitimate obstacle and decided to allow Brook to cause whatever destruction he pleased while he was in the most valuable room on the entire island, she did nothing during the Tea Party, she could not even figure out that horizontal slashes would immediately stop the Sunny dead in it’s tracks, her subordinates had to warn her not to sink her own damn ship under her own weight and despite having the word “Commander” in her job title, she was consistently ordered around by Mont Dior and Tamago, the latter of which is not even a family member.

She got introduced as a legitimate threat to the main characters, both in terms of strength and competence but she ended being an utter disappointment and a laughing stock.

I am pretty sure you have heard every negative opinion against Linlin, so I am not even going to go into detail on this one since to do so would require an entire essay in of itself.

This character is the only faction leader in One Piece that ended up being completely outshined by her own subordinate. That should tell you how seriously Oda takes her.
Ultimately the problem is this.

If an author introduces a character by telling the audience that they are capable at something and then never show them to be capable at anything then both the author and the character are going to be ridiculed.

Disappointment breeds ridicule and at the end of the day, if not even the individual that created these characters takes them seriously then why should anyone else?

The most competent and intimidating female characters Oda has created to date are the Boa Sisters and it is likely going to stay that way.
Hina is quite the woman , best girl with Nami.

Doubt so. BB Pirates are terribly dangerous, Burgess is nothing to Shiryu based on portrayal. Plus I think Current Teach could probably kill Big Mom
Doubt you.Katakuri is more powerful than Sabo in Dressrosa.Burgess is nothing for Katakuri too.
I think the Blackbeard crew is the weakest Yonko crew in current.Linlin>Teach.Linlin and Kaido are already equal.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
-Females aren't all that weak in this manga. You have 1 female who is a Yonkou, you have an elite Shichibukai female, and a Worst Gen female. There are simply more male characters (which is the way it should be), the ratio of weak male characters to strong is likely way worse.

-Kind of the same point but don't understand the obsession with wanting females to be strong in a shounen manga about pirates. Fanbase is way too whiny about this non issue. Having said that, Robin gets sidelined way too often in terms of the potential of her df.

Much of the bashing is due to frustration over how her arc and character have been handled.
Is it bad that when I heard this I wanted to quote parts of "Ragged Old Flag" by Johnny Cash? But anyway that's true her character has been handled poorly since the second half of WCI were she was basically made into a meme yelling "Wedding Cakeee!" Also her little "adventure" in Wano just made her a plot device so that Luffy could escape from prison.