Future Events The Great Debate - Will Zoro kill Kaido this arc?

After reading 1002 chapters, what you think zoro will do against kaido?

• Total voters

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I'm a hater, despite Zoro being my second favorite character. I think you need to have better qualifications for labeling someone a hater than being sad and crying because there are people that don't think Zoro is as strong as you hype him to be.

It actually doesn't make sense that Zoro would have better CoA than Luffy, considering that the enemies that Luffy fights are far more powerful than the enemies that Zoro fights, which means that Luffy needs to be better able to defend himself against those more powerful enemies, as well as do damage in return. Training under Mihawk is irrelevant, especially because Rayleigh is the one who taught Luffy.

Killer broke ran him through with a scythe with ease.

Lmao obviously Luffy is going to be stronger than Kaido, in being the Pirate King, his goal is literally to do just that.

The first sentence is not contradictory. The sword itself is relevant, but not in Zoro's hands as it relates to Kaido. Because again, having the sword does not make him strong enough to do damage to Kaido. He is still not strong enough

Because Luffy fought Doflamingo, then Cracker, then Katakuri to get to at or above YC1 and couldn't scratch him. Zoro at the start of the arc was far beneath Luffy. You'd be talking about Zoro going from much weaker than Luffy to jumping above YC1. It doesn't make sense from story perspective, especially as Zoro's enemies here on are predominately more YC1 characters given that they're about to go through the other Yonko. The reason Zoro can't progress like that, while Luffy can, is because Luffy was already much closer to being able to do so. There's a chasm between Luffy and Zoro, and an even greater one between Zoro and Kaido. And no, it isn't an opinion. It's an actual fact.

Dude, what? Are you serious? That's not true at all.

Zoro has more connection to Kaido than Luffy? When Luffy was the one to form an alliance to beat Kaido? When Luffy was the one to disrupt Kaido's SMILE business by beating one of Kaido's allies? When the one that bonded with Momonosuke, who happens to be Oden's son, and the one that Momonosuke begged to help him defeat Kaido was Luffy? When the one that took responsibility of Tama and swore to overthrow Kaido so that she can eat like a normal human being was Luffy?

It is wholly inaccurate to say that Zoro is more connected to Kaido than Luffy in any way.

Also, there were two things in your list that made no sense whatsoever. Yasu was put to death by Orochi. Zoro wanting vengance for Yasu has nothing to do with Kaido, and everything to do with Orochi. Also, neither Mihawk or the black blades have anything to do with Kaido. The only definitive thing Zoro has is the sword, but it was used by Oden who was far stronger than Zoro. It's useless if Zoro isn't strong enough, which he isn't.

You're talking about "how plots are written" and then conveniently ignore how plots are written in OP. You brought up Lucci and Kaku. The plot was written to show that Lucci was far stronger than Kaku, an example of the dominant theme of the story regarding Luffy's opponents and that Luffy fights the enemies that only he can beat. The plot was written in such a way that Zoro has never, save Morgan all the way at the beginning, interfered with Luffy's opponent, nor has he ever landed a critical or deciding blow on Luffy's opponent. It's ridiculous to say that my argument doesn't hold merit when you're advocating for Wano to go the opposite direction of how the plot was written in the story up until now.

If Zoro were to cut Kaido when Luffy couldn't it would be terrible writing and contradict the entire story until now.

I don't know, apparently it burns calories. These guys must be thin as hell.
Killer didnt break his coa. Hody and bellamy broke luffys who himself admitted it isnt good enough.

Killer didnt break his coa. Hody and bellamy broke luffys who himself admitted it isnt good enough.
If Zoro isn’t using at least basic CoA to protect himself during a fight, then he’s stupid. I don’t think that’s the case, so it’s safe to say that he was using at least the invisible CoA.

Yes, he said it needed to improve. That doesn’t mean it was weaker than Zoro’s. It doesn’t make any sense that Zoro would have stronger CoA than Luffy, just like it never made any sense that Sanji would have stronger CoO than Luffy, and the latter was disproven.

HA001

If Zoro isn’t using at least basic CoA to protect himself during a fight, then he’s stupid. I don’t think that’s the case, so it’s safe to say that he was using at least the invisible CoA.

Yes, he said it needed to improve. That doesn’t mean it was weaker than Zoro’s. It doesn’t make any sense that Zoro would have stronger CoA than Luffy, just like it never made any sense that Sanji would have stronger CoO than Luffy, and the latter was disproven.
Of course it does. Zoro needs to reach mihawks coa which is one of if not the strongest in the world. And he was trained for two years directly by mihawk.
Youre making shit up. He had no haki on himself. A swordsmans haki goes on his blade so it doesnt get scratched or broken stop making shit up.

Of course it does. Zoro needs to reach mihawks coa which is one of if not the strongest in the world. And he was trained for two years directly by mihawk.
Youre making shit up. He had no haki on himself. A swordsmans haki goes on his blade so it doesnt get scratched or broken stop making shit up.
And Luffy was trained by someone comparable and is busy fighting people stronger than anyone Zoro will ever fight.

I’m making shit up? I said it is safe to assume that he was. How is that making things up? It would be monumentally stupid if that was the case, that Zoro should only armor his swords and not himself just in case. Also that’s false, btw, a swordsman’s haki does not go only on his sword. Zoro used hardening on his hands as well as his sword when trying to hold back the birdcage.

So no, I’m not “making shit up”. Stay salty though.
That again is just your opinion, like everything else regarding Zoro. You are acting as if you were Oda. :milaugh:
Er, I’m not acting as if I’m Oda, and it’s obviously my opinion, but I don’t see how it’s invalid to say that someone is stupid for not protecting themselves in a fight.

HA001

And Luffy was trained by someone comparable and is busy fighting people stronger than anyone Zoro will ever fight.

I’m making shit up? I said it is safe to assume that he was. How is that making things up? It would be monumentally stupid if that was the case, that Zoro should only armor his swords and not himself just in case. Also that’s false, btw, a swordsman’s haki does not go only on his sword. Zoro used hardening on his hands as well as his sword when trying to hold back the birdcage.

So no, I’m not “making shit up”. Stay salty though.

Er, I’m not acting as if I’m Oda, and it’s obviously my opinion, but I don’t see how it’s invalid to say that someone is stupid for not protecting themselves in a fight.
Proper pussy nitpicking, you know full well i meant he doesnt use it like luffy does to protect himself.
Mihawk > ray and any of the fights luffy has won thus far, besides ray left early and luffy fought the animals, there was only mihawk left to train with.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Because nobody protects himself with CoA from a cheap shot.
Did Oven use CoA to protect himself from Sanji and did Hawkins use CoA to protect himself from Zoro?
You literally have no idea how combat works.

Proper pussy nitpicking, you know full well i meant he doesnt use it like luffy does to protect himself.
Mihawk > ray and any of the fights luffy has won thus far, besides ray left early and luffy fought the animals, there was only mihawk left to train with.
You just going to continue to insult people you don’t agree with?

Rayleigh is comparable to Mihawk especially as it relates to teaching. Also, you’re assuming that he sparred with Zoro, which is based on nothing. From here on out, Mihawk is not stronger than any of the enemies Luffy will fight. Luffy needs CoA more to protect himself against stronger enemies.
Because nobody protects himself with CoA from a cheap shot.
Did Oven use CoA to protect himself from Sanji and did Hawkins use CoA to protect himself from Zoro?
You literally have no idea how combat works
Oven was not expecting to be attacked. Zoro was in the middle of a fight, those are different scenarios. Hawkins didn’t need to because of his ability. If he had no dolls, that probably would have been different. Surprised you needed me to explain that to you, given how I know nothing about combat and how you’re so knowledgeable.

HA001

You just going to continue to insult people you don’t agree with?

Rayleigh is comparable to Mihawk especially as it relates to teaching. Also, you’re assuming that he sparred with Zoro, which is based on nothing. From here on out, Mihawk is not stronger than any of the enemies Luffy will fight. Luffy needs CoA more to protect himself against stronger enemies.

Oven was not expecting to be attacked. Zoro was in the middle of a fight, those are different scenarios. Hawkins didn’t need to because of his ability. If he had no dolls, that probably would have been different. Surprised you needed me to explain that to you, given how I know nothing about combat and how you’re so knowledgeable.
Your opinion, yes there was no one left, zoro states all the baboons are beaten and i dont see any when hes training him. Again imo mihawks coa is probably the strongest right now and thats what zoro has to reach.

Your opinion, yes there was no one left, zoro states all the baboons are beaten and i dont see any when hes training him. Again imo mihawks coa is probably the strongest right now and thats what zoro has to reach.
What was my opinion?

That doesn’t mean he sparred against Mihawk. Given that there are people stronger than Mihawk, it’s safe to conclude that his CoA is not the strongest.
Oven was literally in the middle of the fight with Pound. :milaugh:
That was not a fight. Nice try though.

HA001

What was my opinion?

That doesn’t mean he sparred against Mihawk. Given that there are people stronger than Mihawk, it’s safe to conclude that his CoA is not the strongest.

That was not a fight. Nice try though.
People stronger than mihawk. Thats your opinion.
And no its not only second black blade in history that shanks nor ray could achieve points to mihawks superior coa.

People stronger than mihawk. Thats your opinion.
And no its not only second black blade in history that shanks nor ray could achieve points to mihawks superior coa.
I mean not really. Mihawk is not strongest in the verse.

Black blades are not the pinnacle of CoA. Maybe for swordsman, but given that there’s more advanced forms of CoA like the one Luffy is learning, yes, it is safe to conclude that his CoA isn’t the strongest.

:milaugh:
Was Vergo also not in a fight with Tashigi when Sanji cheap shotted him and Vergo didnt defend with CoA?
Seems all people who didnt defend when cheap-shotted are stupid, according to you. Or maybe your argument is what's stupid?
Again, that was not a fight. He was of zero threat to Oven, and Oven knew that. This is not the case with Zoro who was in an actual fight with two threats. Oven and Vergo were being attacked by people that pose zero threat to them. They weren’t in actual fights, and then got snuck up on by another opponent. Zoro was in a legit fight with someone, and was just in a fight with someone else and that other person was still there. Comparing the situations is ridiculous.

HA001

I mean not really. Mihawk is not strongest in the verse.

Black blades are not the pinnacle of CoA. Maybe for swordsman, but given that there’s more advanced forms of CoA like the one Luffy is learning, yes, it is safe to conclude that his CoA isn’t the strongest.

Again, that was not a fight. He was of zero threat to Oven, and Oven knew that. This is not the case with Zoro who was in an actual fight with two threats. Oven and Vergo were being attacked by people that pose zero threat to them. They weren’t in actual fights, and then got snuck up on by another opponent. Zoro was in a legit fight with someone, and was just in a fight with someone else and that other person was still there. Comparing the situations is ridiculous.
Wrong again. Ray could do that coa but hasnt a black blade and hes a swordsman

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

Vergo literally saw a guy using a Rokushiki technique and didnt defend with Haki. He must be stupid too.
Entertain me more without your mental gymnastics.
You have no idea how combat works, especially for swordsmen. That's the reason why you think Zoro would even use CoA on his body in the first place.

In a few chapters odas got the haters from hell never fight king to hes fighting king not kaido...
Lmao that's the funny part. They were saying no way he beats a 1st commander cause Luffy did that last arc. Now it's no way he hurts/kill Kaido, he can beat king through. I think he hurting kaido btw
Post automatically merged:

LoL...Kaido is not swordsman but he is still strongest person in this world....meanwhile who is WSS, happens to know how to postpone duels with seemingly "inferior" opponents...hope Zoro didn't inherit this trait from his master....coming to current point, Zoro "may" participate in fight but finishing ??...nah....I can also see Sanji goes against BigMom and in future Luffy goes against Mihawk as Mihawk joins BB or Shanks after abolition of Shichibukai system....

btb...what happened to Shogun (who is second strongest or nearly strongest after Kaido) vs Zoro or Zoro vs Jack/King
or Zoro vs Kyoshiro matchups ??
Zoro still can fight king,kyoshiro, and kaido. Zoro already had clashes with Hawkins,Kyoshiro,Killer, Bridge boy, oniwaban etc... and the arc is nowhere near finished.

Lol so how many 1 vs 1 will he have?
Killer
Kyoushiro
King

3? Lol even Luffy didnt get 3 battles

His cracker was nerfed killer, his katakuri is Kyoushiro
He can have has many has he wants. The only person who has more panels in Wano is Luffy. Zoro is heavily focused on.
He has beat one of the oniwaban,Killer, clashed with Hawkins, Kyoshiro and the war didn't even start yet. He probably going to fight King if he the strongest swordsman on Wano.

+ Kidd
+ Kaido
At this rate every character starts with K will be Zoro's opponent

Imagine Zoro from beating Pica with Orlombus' help, and fainting each other against nerfed Killer

now will solo YC3 Kyoshiro, then still continue to solo YC1 King which is ~ Marco / Mihawk level, then continues to battle Kaido and landing the last, killing hit on the Yonko lol
Wake up please
Once again you guys are mistaken Zoro for Sanji. I told you guys this 3 years ago st orojackson. Sanji in his arc wasn't beating any commanders or any body really because he needed arc power up and his raid suit powerup. He literally had alot of clashes and didn't defeat anybody of note. He just ran around sneaking people.

The Zoro arc has Zoro actually beating another Supernova, clashing with Kyoshiro, Hinted to hurt Kaido and this is all before the war even started. He also might beat King because I think Kyoshiro is a good guy.

He has Zoro picture as his avatar, he is definition of extreme fanboyism lol.

Sanji can fight with him even without RS. He doesn't rely on it as power boost. His power is still his own. It's the skill of a person, not the equipment. Which is why he wants Usopp and Franky to modify it to get rid of Germa stuff.

Nothing shows Zoro is above there especially his past fight with Hawkins, Kyoshiro, Killer, and Gyaki said otherwise as he look badly on each of them. Just your 'Zoro-Brain' that can't see that and get lost when told the truth on something ;).

Taking on top tier we can see, but not going to defeat Kaido or lend a major hit that gives Luffy a win on. It wouldn't feel deserving for Luffy if it was thanks to swords or even Zoro. He is the one to claim his head, no one else. Plus that also means Zoro will need to surpassed or equal someone on Roger's crew who was close to Yonko lvl if he could damage Kaido. That be too farfetch especially Zoro to progress that quickly within one arc. Look in his past fights in Wano doesn't also help us see he 'will do it'. Also Luffy been stronger one of crew and doesn't help image if his first mate surpass him or is major fact how he defeat Kaido. Doesn't make sense in the long run.

Plus Oda isn't one to use something that will get job done. Remember's Bege's plan on how he will take out Big Mom? It backfired hard as it didn't go as plan and failed. Just because we are introduce to a 'seemingly' solution to beat a Yonko, doesn't mean it will work. Oda is unpredictable so we should count this as a way for same if all it needs is a sword and Zoro using it, but who isn't even Oden's lvl. Oda knows power lvl dyanmic and wouldn't force a push that big and fast on character like that.
Zoro offpaneled the Fox and Killer only hit him with help from the fox and still lost the fight. This is two sword Zoro too.

Zoro got ran through by a simple stab attack in this arc and passed out. Stop it. It makes zero sense that Zoro would have better CoA than Luffy, in the same way that it makes zero sense for Sanji to have stronger CoO than Luffy.

Actually it does have merit on the account that Lucci and Kaku are not Kaido. And it’s interesting that you bring up Lucci and Kaku, given that Lucci was stated to be far stronger than Kaku and when asked if they should get involved against Lucci, Zoro said he wanted no part of that action.

Regarding other manga evidence, there is plenty. Luffy went from fighting Doflamingo to Cracker to Katakuri over the course of several arcs and then got destroyed by Kaido in one shot. Zoro’s fanboys want him to go straight from fighting Pica to fighting Kaido with zero progression in between. Zoro has also never finished Luffy’s enemy, besides Morgan all the way at the beginning. Zoro has never taken part in a fight against Luffy’s main enemy except Enel, and he got destroyed. Hell, the predominant theme in the manga is that Luffy fights and beats the enemies that only Luffy can fight and beat.

Sword or no sword, Zoro is not strong enough to lay a scratch on Kaido when even Luffy couldn’t at the start of the arc (and Luffy was far stronger then than Zoro is now), and then there’s the fact that this is Luffy’s enemy, which Zoro has zero relation to other than him being handed someone else’s sword.

When Zoro fanboys pretend that Kaido needs to go “down permanently” as a basis for their argument when no enemy that Luffy has ever fought, nor Zoro for that matter, has ever “gone down permanently”.
Zoro helped with Moriah

I'm a

Because Luffy fought Doflamingo, then Cracker, then Katakuri to get to at or above YC1 and couldn't scratch him. Zoro at the start of the arc was far beneath Luffy. You'd be talking about Zoro going from much weaker than Luffy to jumping above YC1. It doesn't make sense from story perspective, especially as Zoro's enemies here on are predominately more YC1 characters given that they're about to go through the other Yonko. The reason Zoro can't progress like that, while Luffy can, is because Luffy was already much closer to being able to do so. There's a chasm between Luffy and Zoro, and an even greater one between Zoro and Kaido. And no, it isn't an opinion. It's an actual fact.

Dude, what? Are you serious? That's not true at all.

Zoro has more connection to Kaido than Luffy? When Luffy was the one to form an alliance to beat Kaido? When Luffy was the one to disrupt Kaido's SMILE business by beating one of Kaido's allies? When the one that bonded with Momonosuke, who happens to be Oden's son, and the one that Momonosuke begged to help him defeat Kaido was Luffy? When the one that took responsibility of Tama and swore to overthrow Kaido so that she can eat like a normal human being was Luffy?

It is wholly inaccurate to say that Zoro is more connected to Kaido than Luffy in any way.

Also, there were two things in your list that made no sense whatsoever. Yasu was put to death by Orochi. Zoro wanting vengance for Yasu has nothing to do with Kaido, and everything to do with Orochi. Also, neither Mihawk or the black blades have anything to do with Kaido. The only definitive thing Zoro has is the sword, but it was used by Oden who was far stronger than Zoro. It's useless if Zoro isn't strong enough, which he isn't.

You're talking about "how plots are written" and then conveniently ignore how plots are written in OP. You brought up Lucci and Kaku. The plot was written to show that Lucci was far stronger than Kaku, an example of the dominant theme of the story regarding Luffy's opponents and that Luffy fights the enemies that only he can beat. The plot was written in such a way that Zoro has never, save Morgan all the way at the beginning, interfered with Luffy's opponent, nor has he ever landed a critical or deciding blow on Luffy's opponent. It's ridiculous to say that my argument doesn't hold merit when you're advocating for Wano to go the opposite direction of how the plot was written in the story up until now.

If Zoro were to cut Kaido when Luffy couldn't it would be terrible writing and contradict the entire story until now.

I don't know, apparently it burns calories. These guys must be thin as hell.
Where do you get Zoro was much weaker in dressosa when Zoro said Pica was not on his level?
Zoro not paying Pica no mind even through he is attacking him. Lol he said Pica wasn't on his level

Last edited: