Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t consider Yamato’s “specialness“ to be much of an argument against her.

Jinbei, for example, is the only one who was at Marineford, the only one to watch Ace die, and the only once who saw Luffy have his total breakdown where he questioned becoming the Pirate King. He was the one to then snap him out of that. That certainly makes him special among the Strawhats, but he still joined.

I’d say that if Yamato is to join, sticking in her Ace relationship and knowledge of what Luffy‘s true dream would be a balance to her being absent for 80% of the series and thus missing so many moments.

Jinbei, for example, is the only one who was at Marineford, the only one to watch Ace die, and the only once who saw Luffy have his total breakdown where he questioned becoming the Pirate King. He was the one to then snap him out of that. That certainly makes him special among the Strawhats, but he still joined.

I’d say that if Yamato is to join, sticking in her Ace relationship and knowledge of what Luffy‘s true dream would be a balance to her being absent for 80% of the series and thus missing so many moments.
Same for Carrot,Vivi or so anybody that doesn't was older in the story!!

The dream thing is the one thing that can bypass the majority of the story. However, if Yamato joins, there's still plenty of story to tell with the remainder of it. So that's a good opportunity.

My only wish is to have one stand alone arc just for the Strawhats
My favorite moments in the series is ironically when they’re just messing around on their ship.

Yamao's read Oden's journal which detailed his experiences in the journey to Raftel. She knows Oden is waiting for someone in particular. She knows Luffy's ultimate secret dream and is aware that it mirrors Roger. In other words, Yamao has already vicariously experienced the adventure to Raftel through Oden's journal and is already aware of the will of D and Luffy's dream that lies at the end of it.

This doesn't at all sound like something that would happen if Yamao herself was going to go on that very same adventure. She'll be sticking with Momo after the arc. Her knowledge of who Luffy is based on her time with Ace is what lets her trust that Luffy will succeed in his mission without her. Because her job lies in ensuring Momo can fulfil his end of duties.

The dawn of the world will be guided primarily by Luffy and the crew. But also by Momo who has a role in leading Wano in working with Luffy.

Who needs the help more? The straw hats, who will be a yonko crew after Wano... Or Momo, who will still be a vulnerable 8 year old with his retainers significantly weakened and a country that needs to be rebuilt and opened up?

Yamao is literally the figure Momo needs. She's the person he wishes he could be.
Momo's learning, but he's still unsure of himself on how a shogun should act. Yamao, completely unknowingly is guiding Momo, setting an example for him to follow. She has knowledge of the dawn and the role Momo needs to play in it which would allow her to be the perfect guardian. Makes zero sense for her to ditch Momo, leaving him to his own devices only to join a crew that doesn't need or know her.

With this in mind, it's not the least bit surprising that basically all of Yamao's time and development has been spent bonding with Momo and Shinobu instead of the straw hats, in which practically all of them don't even know she exists.

Yamao's read Oden's journal which detailed his experiences in the journey to Raftel. She knows Oden is waiting for someone in particular. She knows Luffy's ultimate secret dream and is aware that it mirrors Roger. In other words, Yamao has already vicariously experienced the adventure to Raftel through Oden's journal and is already aware of the will of D and Luffy's dream that lies at the end of it.

This doesn't at all sound like something that would happen if Yamao herself was going to go on that very same adventure. She'll be sticking with Momo after the arc. Her knowledge of who Luffy is based on her time with Ace is what lets her trust that Luffy will succeed in his mission without her. Because her job lies in ensuring Momo can fulfil his end of duties.

The dawn of the world will be guided primarily by Luffy and the crew. But also by Momo who has a role in leading Wano in working with Luffy.

Who needs the help more? The straw hats, who will be a yonko crew after Wano... Or Momo, who will still be a vulnerable 8 year old with his retainers significantly weakened and a country that needs to be rebuilt and opened up?

Yamao is literally the figure Momo needs. She's the person he wishes he could be.
Momo's learning, but he's still unsure of himself on how a shogun should act. Yamao, completely unknowingly is guiding Momo, setting an example for him to follow. She has knowledge of the dawn and the role Momo needs to play in it which would allow her to be the perfect guardian. Makes zero sense for her to ditch Momo, leaving him to his own devices only to join a crew that doesn't need or know her.

With this in mind, it's not the least bit surprising that basically all of Yamao's time and development has been spent bonding with Momo and Shinobu instead of the straw hats, in which practically all of them don't even know she exists.
The fact the minks tribe are “sworn brothers to the Kozuki clan” since chapter 963 Momo would have plenty of bodyguards to protect him. Even the samurai who admired oden as person. They have devoted their lives to him and his children. Their loyalty holds no bounds. Knowing that izo has return wano. I think he has regret that he could not do anything help oden. As matter fact he got the news to late. But at least he is able take responsibly protect his mentor figure children at very least. As for momo’s advisors it is likely going be Hiyori and the remaining samurais that are alive no question about that. Yamato she doesn’t have any obligations to stay wano or orgashima. It is obviously she does not want to take over her father organization. Once Kaido dead or defeat the Animal kingdom pirates will likely be disbanded. They are more likely are going to go back to being previous pirate captains of their crew once again. On top that when wano boarder do open her present going known through the world she will be know as Kaido’s daughter. The thing with world government is they do not discriminate base on if your against family lineages. If your child criminal or opposed them any way you might get bounty on your head. I think it would best if she goes with straw hats at the point in the story. As we need someone like her if straw hats hope to survive in this new era once Kaido defeat. Since the warlord system has been abolished there going be enter new world no pun intended from what they have saw before. Knowing one piece story is structure the enemies there going up against are going tougher than previous ones and there going be danger lurking around soon. It would best if you have character who could level plain field. Helping the characters moving forward. As well being able handle the situation on their own without aid of other pirate alliance. I do believe Luffy wants to fight Shanks with own his respected crew with either 10 or 12.

Nice bit of fan fiction as always. You should just accept that Carrot is a useless irrelevant piece of crap filler character and your life will be all better.

So Luffy freed Yamato from 20 years of Wano captivity so she can stay in Wano.

Ask the reverse, why should a rando know Luffy's deep desire etc... your logic is much more worse with that in mind.
Eh... What does it have to do with anything? She is not a rando, she is a friend of Ace which means she is already Luffy's friend. And you also missed my point completely: not every person who knows a lot of "spoiler" stuff, about Luffy included, should be a Straw hat. Especially if this particular character overshines the other crew members in every aspect, even Robin the archeologist. She might travel with them though.

There is also a problem with the possible candidates: Carrot (I don't think there is a chance Oda would just throw her away after so many years of tagging along), Yamato, Tama and Vivi (the "former Straw hat who actually confirmed as 13th crewmember) are all women. There is no way Oda adds so many female crew members to the team. There will be one girl at most. I don't know what role exactly Oda plans for Yamato, but her introduction was so so late in the arc for some reason (after two years of progression, why not sooner if she is a Straw hat?) and so blatant, like he was in a hurry or was trying to make the arc more interesting/progress the plot faster (via Oden's journal). Yamato doesn't look to me like a carefully thought through crew member he planned for years, Idk. Oda doesn't do that to the Strawhats, like BAM, take it, immediately.
Personally I don't want any new crewmembers at all, I want to see more of the Straw hats we already know before the story ends, and I don't want their time to be taken away for the sake of another new crew member development, there is so little time left.

Last edited:
-Unique color scheme and design
Yamato4Nakama haters still thinks that she's a Nami clone... :gokulaugh:

When I say we love to see it, I mean the only thing that will top it is watching Yamato actually join the crew :steef:
This...

Ace, the common connection between Jinbe, Yamato and Luffy...

SHP, a crew supposedly a Yonko level crew but lacks powerhouses and numbers, casually disrespected and underestimated by superpowers...

Wano, a country still feared by the outsiders, backed by powerful samurais, an entire warrior tribe, and Tama army, with a strategic geographical structure, lead by someone who can command a huge elephant...

Who needs the help more?

I think Ryugu needs help more... Yet, their best available guy joined the SHP...

There is also a problem with the possible candidates: Carrot (I don't think there is a chance Oda would just throw her away after so many years of tagging along), Yamato, Tama and Vivi (the "former Straw hat who actually confirmed as 13th crewmember) are all women. There is no way Oda adds so many female crew members to the team. There will be one girl at most. I don't know what role exactly Oda plans for Yamato, but her introduction was so so late in the arc for some reason (after two years of progression, why not sooner if she is a Straw hat?) and so blatant, like he was in a hurry or was trying to make the arc more interesting/progress the plot faster (via Oden's journal). Yamato doesn't look to me like a carefully thought through crew member he planned for years, Idk. Oda doesn't do that to the Strawhats, like BAM, take it, immediately.
Yamato feels that way because she is likely planned to be introduced that way... There's a reason why some people suddenly felt that she must join the crew despite being a "rushed" character...

Kin'emon tagged and bonded longer and better than Carrot... Carrot's bond with the SHs is just as long as Caesar's and the latter has been more useful and significant to date...

Last edited:
There's a reason why some people suddenly felt that she must join the crew despite being a "rushed" character...
It's nothing new tbh. It happens every time a new "suitable" girl got introduced. People suddenly FEEL xd

Kin'emon tagged and bonded longer and better than Carrot... Carrot's bond with the SHs is just as long as Caesar's and the latter has been more useful and significant to date...
... What does it have to do with anything? Kin'emon isn't joining, neither Caesar. If you're measuring the chances of joining with usefulness and significance, then we might as well say that Law is a Straw Hat since 2012. But he's isn't, right? So I guess that's not the case.

It's nothing new tbh. It happens every time a new "suitable" girl got introduced. People suddenly FEEL xd

... What does it have to do with anything? Kin'emon isn't joining, neither Caesar. If you're measuring the chances of joining with usefulness and significance, then we might as well say that Law is a Straw Hat since 2012. But he's isn't, right? So I guess that's not the case.
The relevancy is entirely different with Yamato. No prior female (Perona, Monet, Rebecca, Carrot etc etc etc) has had THIS level of relevancy in an arc, to Luffy's history and dreams, nor has had THIS level of combat ability (she's hits like a fucking truck), durability, and ALSO has a hidden devil fruit.

Incomparable tbh.

Prior to Yamato, people feels a strong doubt alongside that join feels... Yamato, in particular, strongly emits the SH vibes never emitted by anyone other than the ones who really joined the crew...

The thing is, the SHs portrayed high level of "usefulness" and "significance" prior to joining, showing a level of expertise on the position they are suppose to fill in... Law did that with the clear intention of an alliance (not to join the crew)...

Kin'emon, Caesar and Carrot never exhibited high levels of those...

Honestly carrot has a flat character arc and has no quirk. On the other hand, pedro has four quirks.
1. He intrude into others personal space by coming awfully close
2. Likes to be in high places
3. Quick to deal with a potential threat in a violent way
4. Penchant to blow up things even himself

Do u think Oda will cast off a character with this many quirks. I don't think so

ngl at first i thought carrot chance is becoming 0% when reading the spoiler, but when perospero said she lose to him bcs weather isn't in her favor, there still chance for her to have another rematch that hopefully not offpanel
Even in suslong transformation it would not last long. It would be last less 3 minutes after that she would be exhausted throughout the rest of fight. Perospero might still be walking free after that. Sad, part is none straw hats at this point have not even bothered help her in any way or back her up when needed.

Last edited:
ngl at first i thought carrot chance is becoming 0% when reading the spoiler, but when perospero said she lose to him bcs weather isn't in her favor, there still chance for her to have another rematch that hopefully not offpanel
Without Wanda, her chances is 0%... Even at Sulong together they can't finish him, what more in non-Sulong, weakened form?

If the weather became favorable with them, both of them would die in exhaustion trying to finish Peros...

Status
Not open for further replies.