Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want both to be nakamas because I like both of them and I want to see more of them. If I had no standards I would want Momo and Tama to join.
Some people also want Caesar to join completely discarding the narrative because they '' like '' the guy and want to see more of him when it was clearly established from Nami that he's a scum and nothing else. Carrot is another type of scum, the empty dumpster kind of one.

You can't have a cool cheerful empty dumpster join the strawhats. That's not how it works.

Some people also want Caesar to join completely discarding the narrative because they '' like '' the guy and want to see more of him when it was clearly established from Nami that he's a scum and nothing else. Carrot is another type of scum, the empty dumpster kind of one.

You can't have a cool cheerful empty dumpster join the strawhats. That's not how it works.
Calling Caesar scum actually happened in the manga. The Strawhats canonically hate his guts. That definitely means he's not happening. Carrot being an empty dumpster is a personal opinion, and one many disagree with.

Calling Caesar scum actually happened in the manga. The Strawhats canonically hate his guts. That definitely means he's not happening. Carrot being an empty dumpster is a personal opinion, and one many disagree with.
Carrot has a lot of unimportant fluff and stereotypes, which would be the dumpster itself. Each Strawhats in comparison would be a shiny treasure box. Zoro has Kuina's Wado Ichimonji in it, Nami has Bellemere's tangerines in it, Usopp has Sogeking's brave warrior hero of the sea jolly roger in it, Sanji has a mountain of warm plates with many aromas of kindness, love and all blue in it, Chopper has Hiluluk's hat in it, Robin has the books of Ohara and the Poneglyphs in it, Franky has the ship as bright as a thousand sun in it, Brook has Laboon and a Bink's Sake recording of dead comrades in it, Jinbei has a flask of blood of every fishman that ever existed in it.

Now, tell me, what does Carrot has in that empty dumpster of hers?

Carrot has a lot of unimportant fluff and stereotypes, which would be the dumpster itself. Each Strawhats in comparison would be a shiny treasure box. Zoro has Kuina's Wado Ichimonji in it, Nami has Bellemere's tangerines in it, Usopp has Sogeking's brave warrior hero of the sea jolly roger in it, Sanji has a mountain of warm plates with many aromas of kindness, love and all blue in it, Chopper has Hiluluk's hat in it, Robin has the books of Ohara and the Poneglyphs in it, Franky has the ship as bright as a thousand sun in it, Brook has Laboon and a Bink's Sake recording of dead comrades in it, Jinbei has a flask of blood of every fishman that ever existed in it.

The glove weapons Pedro gave her I guess? To be honest, both Yamato and Carrot fit this theme more than Jinbei, Sanji, and Ussop. Those ones were stretches. Not sure what this has to do with the discussion though, it seems kind of random.

The glove weapons Pedro gave her I guess? To be honest, both Yamato and Carrot fit this theme more than Jinbei, Sanji, and Ussop. Those ones were stretches. Not sure what this has to do with the discussion though, it seems kind of random.
What significance these gloves hold? For a meaningless 2 panel flashback and a non existent relationship with Pedro, none. Those gloves are also not unique, many other minks use them. So denied, anything else in the empty dumpster that is Carrot?

Stretches? They are at the core of their characters, Sanji's kindness and feeding anybody, Usopp little garden arc with the giant dorry and broggy holding a flag on the top of mountain inside their heart not wanting to concede their honor, that's what Usopp wants to become, Jinbei is carrying the whole fishman race suffering, fear of the past centuries and hope of a better world on his shoulder.

If there are any fucking stretches here its having the rabbit dumpster as a candidate for next nakama.

Easy, Larrot would be the Rabbit Carpet on the floor of the Thousand Sunny Library after Perospero reunites her with Pedro. Lmao
Post automatically merged:

Should be a meat grinder. Lmao

I actually interested in how big the hate and underestimate toward our furry friend, Oda probably knows this, even the poll shows how high she is it's still obvious that people hate her and when that happened, Oda will make something to it just like the underestimate of usopp/robin/sanji -> he made a whole arc for them, brook become mvp in wci and franky so far in wano which they were always so underrated. I also want to see what he's gonna do with chopper since despite his high popularity (out of cuteness and merch), his character considered to become less and less interesting, so there will be something big for him in the future. That's just how Oda surprise us with his underestimated characters, because he hears those talks.

What significance these gloves hold? For a meaningless 2 panel flashback and a non existent relationship with Pedro, none. Those gloves are also not unique, many other minks use them. So denied, anything else in the empty dumpster that is Carrot?

Stretches? They are at the core of their characters, Sanji's kindness and feeding anybody, Usopp little garden arc with the giant dorry and broggy holding a flag on the top of mountain inside their heart not wanting to concede their honor, that's what Usopp wants to become, Jinbei is carrying the whole fishman race suffering, fear of the past centuries and hope of a better world on his shoulder.

If there are any fucking stretches here its having the rabbit dumpster as a candidate for next nakama.
While I can appreciate the arguments you made here, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Carrot was never a significant plot character in the arc she was introduced... Take her away from her intro arc and nothing changes in the story unlike other SHs:
  1. Zoro was the reason why Luffy has to face Morgan and Helmeppo
  2. Nami forced herself to team up with Luffy in order to steal again from Buggy
  3. Usopp is the main reason why Kuro's plan was spoiled
  4. Sanji was recruited for Luffy to have a cook and was the one who helped Gin
  5. Chopper was needed to cure Nami
  6. Robin was the VP of BW and the one who blew up Igaram's ship
  7. Franky was the leader of Franky Family and was the holder of Pluton blueprints, he was also the one who stole SH cash and build the Sunny
  8. Brook knew the weaknesses of the zombies and the owner of the shadow used for Ryuma
  9. Jinbe was one of the significant allies for Luffy and his co-prison breakers and the one responsible for sailing safely on ID waters, connections to Ace was introduced in the same arc
  10. Yamato was the keeper of Oden's journal and saved Luffy from draining energy dealing with Ulti, connections to Ace was introduced in the same arc
Take away Carrot from Zou, the story flows well...

Carrot was never a significant plot character in the arc she was introduced... Take her away from her intro arc and nothing changes in the story unlike other SHs:
  1. Zoro was the reason why Luffy has to face Morgan and Helmeppo
  2. Nami forced herself to team up with Luffy in order to steal again from Buggy
  3. Usopp is the main reason why Kuro's plan was spoiled
  4. Sanji was recruited for Luffy to have a cook and was the one who helped Gin
  5. Chopper was needed to cure Nami
  6. Robin was the VP of BW and the one who blew up Igaram's ship
  7. Franky was the leader of Franky Family and was the holder of Pluton blueprints, he was also the one who stole SH cash and build the Sunny
  8. Brook knew the weaknesses of the zombies and the owner of the shadow used for Ryuma
  9. Jinbe was one of the significant allies for Luffy and his co-prison breakers and the one responsible for sailing safely on ID waters, connections to Ace was introduced in the same arc
  10. Yamato was the keeper of Oden's journal and saved Luffy from draining energy dealing with Ulti, connections to Ace was introduced in the same arc
Take away Carrot from Zou, the story flows well...
Yamato even insert herself into plot way before she even met Luffy. She is the reason why Ace's had virve card in the first place.

She also Knows Luffy's secret dream... which is interestin itself
The fact that she knows Luffy’s true dream and how she reacted to it, is probably among the strongest cases in favor of Yamato joining.

Why would Oda have Ace tell Yamato such a private and significant thing about Luffy? It’s because Oda intends to make her a very significant person to Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.