Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying it was a combination of things all happening together that added up to a moment of clarity for me. If Pedro hadn't died, if Luffy had just said, "Everyone" or something, if he wasn't about to go off to war, maybe it wouldn't have hit me as deeply. The element there struck me the exact same way as Jinbe telling Luffy he had to live while carrying him away from Akainu. I trust my feelings on this, and moments like the whole crew plus Carrot welcoming back Jinbe make me feel validated.

Again, I can't make anyone see it the way I do, but I'm happy to put my beliefs on the crew out there even if I end up dead wrong.
I would have actually disagree it’s not actually the same if anything is very similar situation like dressrosa. Where luffy order everyone to head off zou. While luffy, zoro, ussop, Robin, and franky deal with the situation in dressrosa. While sanji group head to zou.

If this interview is actually legit, then there goes Carrot’s chances of actually joining. Oda wouldn’t have a new member join the SHs whom he just made on a whim. There’s years of planning that goes into each character’s story and placement within the grand narrative. Just look at his early sketches. Jinbe was already planned to be Nakama as early as 1997.

How Oda structures his story and where he gets inspiration from makes it easy to predict with some accuracy what will happen in the future of One Piece. People were already making theories that Yamato was going to be in the story as early as 2016.

I’ve been literally anticipating Kaido’s daughter’s appearance in the story for 5 years. Lol

It's not, but it might as well be. Everything about Carrot is average, she's been a background character from her introduction, her character lacks massive substance and it would be an insult to Oda and his work to add her to the crew when he hasn't used his first class story telling crafting skills on the bunny girl at all.

It's not, but it might as well be. Everything about Carrot is average, she's been a background character from her introduction, her character lacks massive substance and it would be an insult to Oda and his work to add her to the crew when he hasn't used his first class story telling crafting skills on the bunny girl at all.
Exactly her flashback is not that significant is just one page how she got her gauntlets. It does not mention anything how she met perdro, the dawn or jack arrival. The previous arc whole cake island was not even about her at all. Is more about sanji and pedro's history on the island. If oda had given us a dedicated flashback revolving around her as character or story centric arc made her more important in the story. That would huge plus but that did not happened.

Last edited:
I would have actually disagree it’s not actually the same if anything is very similar situation like dressrosa. Where luffy order everyone to head off zou. While luffy, zoro, ussop, Robin, and franky deal with the situation in dressrosa. While sanji group head to zou.
I know that scene. But one panel of Luffy talking to everyone doesn't have quite the same feeling as two pages devoted to it, plus again, Pedro's death being the driving force behind it vs simply splitting up.

I know that scene. But one panel of Luffy talking to everyone doesn't have quite the same feeling as two pages devoted to it, plus again, Pedro's death being the driving force behind it vs simply splitting up.
Pedro sacrifice himself okay to push straw hats along. On top that he did not have much time left as it is already. But where is the history or personal connection between her pedro? That still missing.

Last edited:
Who shares the idea that both Carrot and Yamato will probably join the crew out here? Any takers?
I share the idea that those who want both Carrot and Yamato are worse than them Carrot numbskull delusional fanboys. It basicly means you have no standards, everything and nothing is as good and fairy tail is as enjoyable as one piece.

Liking Yamato doesn't give Carrot points and character development, she's still an awfully dry character.

Not every single little point I make automatically means I'm proclaiming that it's 100% undeniable, irrefutable proof of anything. I commented that it was interesting and would be another thing to consider if Oda was going to keep Momo and Yamao together in a serious relationship. Character dynamics and how they interact with one another are undoubtedly things that any decent writer takes into consideration, don't know why you would think otherwise.

Nor did I ever said that it was.

If you read what I actually wrote, I said that *anticipation was building. Which is exactly what is happening considering the amount of times the outcome of the Perospero fight has been mentioned in this thread despite no new updates.

The annoyed Yamao fans are merely an added bonus. As I told you last time, I use it because it's a great reminder that the captain and MC refuses to call Yamao by her name (despite her correcting him) simply because he couldn't give two shits what her actual name is. As much as you love Yamao and believe she's destined to join the crew, to Luffy right now she's just some random strong ally he very briefly met. Not someone who's name is even worth remembering.

People often forget this truth when caught up in their love of the character, so again just consider it a helpful reminder. x
On the first part, my bad, it sounded like you were claiming that was evidence. Same for the second. I did read what you wrote (as you know because we've PMd about this stuff and I've told you I agree with a lot of your arguments). I just misunderstood what you meant. It sounded as if you were saying that Oda was cutting away from it for so long in order to build tension, but clearly that's not what you meant.

As for the last part, calling annoyed Yamato fans a bonus is quite rude. Seems like making people annoyed should be a bad thing, especially when some of those people are your friends. As for the actual argument, we are all well aware that he called her Yamao without your reminder, but unless you think Luffy also doesn't give two shits about Law, then this is just a biased assumption.

Once again, for the record, the reason I tend to call out your posts more than others is because most everyone else here is putting out obvious bait which isn't worth arguing with. It's because I value your takes that I argue with you.

I share the idea that those who want both Carrot and Yamato are worse than them Carrot numbskull delusional fanboys. It basicly means you have no standards, everything and nothing is as good and fairy tail is as enjoyable as one piece.

Liking Yamato doesn't give Carrot points and character development, she's still an awfully dry character.
Not cool. A stupid answer is not what I was looking for. :kayneshrug:

Since the reasoning comes from a probabilistic matrix.

Disregarding who joins, I think carrot is currently a better character but its because oda has not given any importance to her character itself. On the other hand Yamato is given importance, but her interactions are the typical one piece character which oda writes, like just look at the interaction they seem repeated gags. Though I will be more critical about yamato than carrot as I dont see carrot as anything other than a background character and its okay whatever oda is doing with her with that role. But yamato is still a mystery to me what oda is thinking for her character that she is introduced so late with so many important connections. Shiuld I see her just as supporting character? But it doesn't make sense as to why introduce so late if she was. Does she have a lot more importance to the story, then oda did not do a good job with using her.

Yeah, it's not possible to like two characters for separate reasons. Liking two characters that are different from each other means you also like Fairy Tail.

Oda said in an interview that he was surprised at Carrot's popularity in the community since he only spent 1 hour on her design and concluded by saying with a comical tone, that's the furries for you, next question.

Another question asked if the readers would learn more about Carrot and her role in Wano. Oda responded, he didn't make any specific plans for Carrot, that he only made her as a tag along to liven up the Sunny as well as hype the mink race. Other than wrapping up Pedro's plot point, you shouldn't hope for anything major.

Then, what would you say to the fans who want Carrot to join the Strawhats? Nani!?! Say what now son, if i didn't know better i would be very offended right now. So here's my advice for those who are suggesting this idea, you should reread One Piece and take notes on how i've written this story for the last 20 some years plus and take into consideration my style and the amount of efforts i put in the main characters and a few extra or the overall intricate world i've created. We always have something learn, thank you.

So there you have it boys and girls, case closed for Carrot. The useless irrelevant rabbit can not join.
it doesnt sound like Oda tbh
Post automatically merged:

Just look at Momo's future scabbards go! They work well together.

Also interesting that Momo doesn't turn into a perv over Yamao. Makes their relationship a bit more special. Shows Momo was willing to ride around in Yamao's cleavage surprisingly not because he's horny, but because he actually trusts her. Seems like something Oda would have taken into consideration for their dynamic if it is gonna be a long term thing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile the anticipation builds and builds for the Carrot fight. It's the only battle Oda's completely hidden and chosen not to reveal any insight about. All other characters Oda gave an update on. We've seen:

Roof piece
All the straw hat vs
Chopper making medicine
Drake vs Apoo
Marco vs King (Queen suspiciously absent, likely after Sanji)
Jack
Bepo
Wire
Hyoguro

As you can see, Oda is willing to give panels updating us on the battles of completely irrelevant characters like Wire in Kids crew, yet it seems he's intentionally avoiding giving the slightest spoiler into how Carrot's fight is going. The reasons for this could be huge for Carrot. Bottom line is that at this point it seems like Oda definetly has a special plan for the fight that he believes warrants him hiding that single fight out of everything happening in Onigashima.
The only reason we're not seeing Carrot fight is because it's entirely irrelevant in the current plot. Seriously what does Carroot and Wanda beating Perospero add to the cause of the Samurais? the opening of wano borders plot? the dawn plot?

Nothing.

That fight is a fight that really has to be settled because of Pedro, but you're thinking too far ahead to say that the reason why it was off paneled because oda is building it up. No. it is off paneled because it is irrelevant to the current plot.

Yeah, it's not possible to like two characters for separate reasons. Liking two characters that are different from each other means you also like Fairy Tail.
liking versus wanting to become nakama.

it doesnt sound like Oda tbh
That's what i thought, but i tried.

There’s years of planning that goes into each character’s story and placement within the grand narrative.
I'm taking this part to ask, does anyone really believe that years of planning went into Carrot's character?

Once again, for the record, the reason I tend to call out your posts more than others is because most everyone else here is putting out obvious bait which isn't worth arguing with. It's because I value your takes that I argue with you.
Appreciated.
The only reason we're not seeing Carrot fight is because it's entirely irrelevant in the current plot. Seriously what does Carroot and Wanda beating Perospero add to the cause of the Samurais? the opening of wano borders plot? the dawn plot?

Nothing.

That fight is a fight that really has to be settled because of Pedro, but you're thinking too far ahead to say that the reason why it was off paneled because oda is building it up. No. it is off paneled because it is irrelevant to the current plot.
If you genuinely believe this, then you don't have the slightest clue what the plot is about. Not even a whiff. Absolutely nothing. Heck, you could take someone that hasn't even read the last 2 arcs and they would be able to give a better analysis than what you just wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.