Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory carrot losing would have destroyed her SH chances but I think the dialogue makes it obvious that there’s gonna be a round 2 and also that carrot is gonna have to choose between Zou and becoming a pirate. Her choice is definitely still up for debate but it’s pretty clear that the plot line isn’t over yet (even as someone who likes her I think she could chose to stay on zou after her trauma with Pedro)

I mean I get that people don’t want carrot to join because she’s weak or whatever but which straw hat hasn’t taken an L at some point:luuh:

Nothing sums up Carrot’s two hundred and two (!!!!) chapters more than her being totally disappearing for three months- which is apparently a great sign for her being a Strawhat, as the last thing Oda would want to do is give a future main character screen-time- her fight being off-panelled, her lines after that comeback being the memorable “uggh”, “uuurgghhh”, “grrrrr” and “kyaaaaa” and then us being told this is a fantastic development that only promises huge things for her in the future.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Worst case scenario for Carrot, she joins the Grand Fleet. She’s been around for far too long to just return to Zou and her dream aligns with sailing the seas.
If “being around a long time” and “wanting to sail the seas” are the standards, then half the folks in the series qualify as honorary Straw Hats. We’ve known her for years and getting her ass kicked/her revenge thwarted currently represents the most important thing that’s happened to OR because of her. What’s Oda waiting for, is she gonna come in at the end of the war and claw Big Mom’s still-beating heart out of her chest?? Just no real indication that she serves any purpose, which is fine, most OP characters really don’t in the long run.

Oda giving Yamato cool pose again. We know it's unnecessary. What is on his mind? It's like he's setting her up to be the next nakama or something...

Anyway, one thing everyone should remember : during one SH intro arc or joining arc, their existence is vital for the storyline to continue.

So, if you remove [next nakama candidate] from their intro and/or joining arc, would the story progress smoothly?
Post automatically merged:

The main topic in this chapter is to raise the stakes and inform us the reality of facing a Yonkou. Just like Pero said in the early pages, he wants to show what it means to be against Emperor. That's partially why Carrot lose & Hyo almost ded. Just like how Sanji gets worst treatment by Oda, he needs to be stalled, injured, & away from rooftop battle.

@Shift , waiting for what you have to say because you've repeatedly mentioned a lot of what you think Carrot has going for her hinged on that fight, now it passed
And I still believe that this is the turning point for her. Obviously I wanted her to have a stronger showing up front, and no doubt people are going to take whatever I say as just spinning a bad situation. But here's what I think, and you can take it or leave it:

Carrot has been left on the ground, humiliated. And if that's where she remains for the rest of this war, then sure, she's done. But has that ever been how Oda leaves things? He pushes his characters, exposes their limitations, and more often then not, has his characters break past those limitations to become stronger. Perospero twisted the knife into Carrot, and if any Mink is going to clap back and do something about that, it's Carrot.

Perospero has also shown a light on the Achilles heel of the Minks that everyone already saw: they rely on Sulong to assure them victory, but both the time and conditions have to be correct and consistent. And to push past that limitation, I see three possibilities:

1. Carrot simply doesn't and either stays on the ground or only helps in a marginal way for the rest of the war. That's what her opponents are salivating over, and it's certainly possible.
2. She finds a way to fight without Sulong, which is possible and would be necessary most of the time if she were a Straw Hat. Oda has shown before Minks are suited for battle, Sulong or not.
3. She somehow manages to induce Sulong without exposure to the moon, which is currently impossible but not outside the realm of shonen and OP itself. Luffy learned to use G3 without shrinking, Zoro learned to cut steel when he originally couldn't against Luffy's cage with Buggy, and Chopper learned to change into more than three forms without the Rumble Ball.

Because the fight with Peros was in motion, I was excited to see where it would go. It would have been great to see more of a showing this time, but that's how it goes. The ball is squarely in Carrot's court now, and it's up to her to stand back up. From this point, I'm going to back off and wait with her. If she fails to get up, then I'll stay down too. But with all the shade Peros was throwing, I'll still be quite surprised if Carrot only ever takes that lying down.

Last edited:
Really great chapter for Carrot4nakama.

As anticipated, there was a reason why Oda hid the Carrot fight all this time. To allow for the surprise reveal of her defeat, but also because it's unnecessary since this won't be her final fight as once thought. The rematch was set up in this very chapter. That aside, there are three other interesting details:

1. Round 2 + potential powerup
They came close, but Peros admits that the moon being covered forcing them out of Sulong prematurely was the reason that they lost. If this was the end of things, Oda could've just had him beat them at their strongest and have that be that. Say Carrot tried her best and then pass Peros onto a stronger ally. But instead he intentionally planted doubt, and Carrot's beaten but still conscious, meaning the conclusion hasn't yet been reached.

Also potential foreshadowing for another power up, one that doesn't rely on the moon and weather.

2. Mentor Pedro
Pedro's message is once again mentioned, serving as Carrot's motivation. Showing Pedro to truly be Carrot's own mentor figure, with his final words holding equal meaning to her as J. D. Saul's, or Hiriluk's, or Tom's to their respective straw hats.

3. Subversion
This is a really good line for Carrot4nakama once you break down what it actually means. Peros is telling Carrot that if she doesn't want more dead friends then she should "hop back to the woods and chew on grass". He's basically telling her to go back to Zou and just act like a rabbit. Claiming that she's not suited for pirate life.

This is clearly setup for a total subversion. Pedro's words to Carrot was to become a strong warrior and keep pushing forward. Peros is telling her to go back to Zou and be a bunny. Which do you think is more likely to happen?? The fact that the villain is basically saying what Carrot antis have been pushing for years is pretty hilarious though. But the very fact that it was him, a villain, that said these words strongly suggests that the exact opposite is what's inevitably going to happen. She's going to have a huge moment to shine like Pedro foretold, in which she'll prove exactly why she is "more suited" for the pirate life and that she can protect and help her friends just fine.

In short, the possibility of Carrot going back to Zou is on a doomed path and is set to be completely debunked. Likewise, there's strong possibility for a huge Carrot moment, highlighting her skills, will and determination, proving why she's fit to be a pirate with the straw hats.
I don't know if Carrot is going to join the crew, but in fact, this chapter strongly indicates that there will be a rematch between Carrot and Perosperos

Nah, not worth it. On OJ back in the day there was something to gain since the members in the thread were at least up for a healthy debate. This place however is a total shit hole. Most (not all) of the members here aren't even worth replying to so there wouldn't even be any sense of accomplishment in winning the bet against many here. I'd be willing to make a bet with a few specific individuals though.
Let me know if a pot opens. :)

And I still believe that this is the turning point for her. Obviously I wanted her to have a stronger showing up front, and no doubt people are going to take whatever I say as just spinning a bad situation. But here's what I think, and you can take it or leave it:

Carrot has been left on the ground, humiliated. And if that's where she remains for the rest of this war, then sure, she's done. But has that ever been how Oda leaves things? He pushes his characters, exposes their limitations, and more often then not, has his characters break past those limitations to become stronger. Perospero twisted the knife into Carrot, and if any Mink is going to clap back and do something about that, it's Carrot.

Perospero has also shown a light on the Achilles heel of the Minks that everyone already saw: they rely on Sulong to assure them victory, but both the time and conditions have to be correct and consistent. And to push past that limitation, I see three possibilities:

1. Carrot simply doesn't and either stays on the ground or only helps in a marginal way for the rest of the war. That's what her opponents are salivating over, and it's certainly possible.
2. She finds a way to fight without Sulong, which is possible and would be necessary most of the time if she were a Straw Hat. Oda has shown before Minks are suited for battle, Sulong or not.
3. She somehow manages to induce Sulong without exposure to the moon, which is currently impossible but not outside the realm of shonen and OP itself. Luffy learned to use G3 without shrinking, Zoro learned to cut steel when he originally couldn't against Luffy's cage with Buggy, and Chopper learned to change into more than three forms without the Rumble Ball.

Because the fight with Peros was in motion, I was excited to see where it would go. It would have been great to see more of a showing this time, but that's how it goes. The ball is squarely in Carrot's court now, and it's up to her to stand back up. From this point, I'm going to back off and wait with her. If she fails to get up, then I'll stay down too. But with all the shade Peros was throwing, I'll still be quite surprised if Carrot only ever takes that lying down.
Listen, if there's any consolation because I don't want to see Carrot fans get truly demolished over this, Brook technically had the same thing happen to him. He did not win his fight, Zoro had to win it for him and he still joined. I think my only problem with Carrot is resourcefulness and lack of focus to her character. Her fight being offscreened and not seen in nearly 10 chapters is a problem to me.

If anything were to change, I would entirely need her to fight differently from the rest of her peers. That's really the only thing keeping me back about the character. If she straight up showed me a unique/different fighting style, I would not mind at all. I'm not sure how this happens, but if it does, it would be cool to see, ngl.

And I still believe that this is the turning point for her. Obviously I wanted her to have a stronger showing up front, and no doubt people are going to take whatever I say as just spinning a bad situation.
I’m not saying that Carrot’s chances of joining is impossible now, but getting off screened by Perospero is not a good look. No amount of spin is going to change that.
See what I mean?

That's why I, for one, am going to let what happens next happen without further comment. Maybe Carrot will get up. Maybe she won't. Whatever happens next relies on that.

Larrot4Nakama fans be on suicide watch. Lmao

:funky:

I fucking knew that Larrot would be off screened by Werospero. Even in Sulong form and with help from Sulong Wanda, she still gets slaughtered.

Larrot is so fucking weak and useless that she would be a liability if she joined the SHs. I think even Tama is stronger than her now. Lmao

At least Werospero did the right thing and reunited Larrot with Pedro. Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.