Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that's likely not the fanbase you were discussing stuff with back in the day if you were. Most were probably European or from the US, and Naruto/Bleach by far were considered the true DB successors around that time. Very few people actually knew how big OP was becoming at the time. Even back then, the chapter count was a hard pill to swallow and it's simplicity in the beginning was often regarded as a detractor.

Wasn't really until like Sabaody/Impel Down/Marineford that the fanbase really started to grow into what it is today.
That makes sense. Americans never liked the "Zany" side of Anime and preferred more "Grounded" anime.

For example I have seen way too people think SoL anime only became a thing in 2000s when I watched a lot of 80s SoL Anime as a kid.

I can attest to this. Back around that time, One Piece was not really that popular outside of Japan. Out of the "big 3" it was the definitely the smallest and people shat on you for liking it more than the others or saying certain things were better.
Dude people hated Enies Lobby when it was weekly “it’s taking so long to set stuff up.” “We don’t care about Usopp.”

If King just stood there and did nothing, it’s bad writing. I hope he’s really missing but I doubt it.
He’s catching his breath still after Marcos been kicking his butg
Post automatically merged:

FRANKY IS TRASH WHAT IS THIS DUMB IDIOT NO WAY HE JOINS

Dem were the days man, Brings a tear to my eye :josad:
Oh my gosh I forgot the constant hate of frankys design.. how not far we’ve come

Dude people hated Enies Lobby when it was weekly “it’s taking so long to set stuff up.” “We don’t care about Usopp.”
Yes I know that lol I said that before. Back then Bleach and Naruto also had tight pacing before they also started to drag too. A lot of it was lack of popularity though. They though pirates were dumb compared to soul reapers and ninjas. These were actual arguments back then lol

Yes I know that lol I said that before. Back then Bleach and Naruto also had tight pacing before they also started to drag too. A lot of it was lack of popularity though. They though pirates were dumb compared to soul reapers and ninjas. These were actual arguments back then lol
I remember... god what a time. Tbh I’m pretty sure this was while Bleach was the de facto best of the big three.

I have a feeling a lot of those people started reading One Piece after Marineford.

They are probably the ones who expected Orochi to look like a Seinen character

Same but 2004 for me. Lurked on AP and One Piece used to get bashed much worse than now.

Which is so funny when I see bashers now saying “why can’t this be good as Water 7”

Water 7 was “not as good as Skypeia and Alabasta” back then as well :milaugh:
Were there people saying things like Franky>Sanji back then? Or maybe Robin is on Zoro's level. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.