Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Never been on NF. I was active from 2004-2006 ish. I lurked on AP and remember lurking on One Manga later on.

I can only recall my experience and it was "If you like One Piece you're probably retarded", which is still being said now, just a lot nicer :gokulaugh:
I can attest to this. Back around that time, One Piece was not really that popular outside of Japan. Out of the "big 3" it was the definitely the smallest and people shat on you for liking it more than the others or saying certain things were better.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
All I got from this chapter was Chopper healed Hyo, slapped Queen, Vegapunk and "Oden" returns tf.
This act doesn't feel like it's ending anytime soon. Can "Oden" just kill the scabbards already and lets move on to the next act.

Wasn't One Piece always popular in Asia?
Yes, but that's likely not the fanbase you were discussing stuff with back in the day if you were. Most were probably European or from the US, and Naruto/Bleach by far were considered the true DB successors around that time. Very few people actually knew how big OP was becoming at the time. Even back then, the chapter count was a hard pill to swallow and it's simplicity in the beginning was often regarded as a detractor.

Wasn't really until like Sabaody/Impel Down/Marineford that the fanbase really started to grow into what it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.