Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s kinda like deja vu seeing some of the comments about post time skip. A lot of you don’t understand how common complaints were in alabasta, skypiea etc. one piece really broke out from sabaody through marineford. Before then there was plenty of detractors. Not saying pre skip didn’t do some things better, but I don’t thinks it’s all that much worse now.

Imagine complaining about Wano because beast pirates aren't "threatening enough" while praising Dressrosa :whitepress:
Wanos issues aren’t the beast pirates, I think Queen is a good enemy and King is fine just a little boring for now. The problem is Oda spending so much time on subplots with little to no payoff.

Scabbards plot - orochi gets unceremoniously killed, Kanjuro dies off screen. Even if they’re alive, the plot line is over.

Zou plot - Jack gets off screened

Odas slowing down for subplots but giving no good payoff

it’s kinda like deja vu seeing some of the comments about post time skip. A lot of you don’t understand how common complaints were in alabasta, skypiea etc. one piece really broke out from sabaody through marineford. Before then there was plenty of detractors. Not saying pre skip didn’t do some things better, but I don’t thinks it’s all that much worse now.
One Piece always had certain issues. But a lot of them got worse. Alabasta had the issue of Oda's Worldbuilding getting too ambitious, only difference is that the editors were able to control him back then. Enies Lobby had the issue of shitty Minor characters. Skypiea had pacing issues etc.

some points as to why i dont think its oden (if it wasnt obvious):
1. Oden in the chapter came from behind a door from another room, how would someone like oden be able to walk around kaidos hiding spot.
2. lets say toki sent him 20 years into the future, then his wounds should not be healed right now. idc if youre a one piece character, oden should be literally charred right now.
3. Oden came in with some smoke trails, when onimaru transforms he also brings smoke trails.
4. lets say my previous points were all wrong and its actually oden, whats even the point? zoro having enma, yamatos existence, momo becoming shogun. it would all become pointless. if oden is as how he is then he should be able to fight kaido right now and make things much easier.

but lets say its oden, then oda must have a damn good explanation for this.

Chill
Chill, their plot is with kiling orochi. Not taking shine of the SH.
Agree

It certaintly has the potential to be great if Oda allows the supernova and straw hats to shine during the rest of battle.
That's why I'm not happy about scabbards being up :whitepress: No hate but they had their time already. Let the pirates shine in a pirate manga
There're still a few plots which need to be set:
- Live Floor (Marco, King, Queen, Drake, Apoo, Perospero, Chopper)
- Tower (Sanji, Yamato, Scabbards, Momo, Shinobu, Jack)
- Wildcards (Hawkins, CP0, Fukurukuju-Orochi)

All the rest of the characters have their definite objective, Oda can set these 10+ characters in a few chapters (around 3 imo, especially now that the Ice Oni virus is done) and from then on is all battle

It's the same shit, different stink (referring to people's complaints). I've been reading this manga since 2005 and have had an account on AP since 2007. You guys should have seen the massive amounts of complaints during Enies Lobby.

The sea train and early enies lobby skirmishes from like Chapter 360-400 were some of the most hated aspects and complaints people had back then. But you barely hear about them because overall, the fights at the Judicial Tower, plus post-Enies Lobby with all the revaltions given to us more than made up for it. God, and right after this, people entirely hated the first 60% of Thriller Bark up until Zoro vs Ryuuma and finally when there was a 12 chapter Oars fight. People called it the "best arc ever" when Oda randomly brought Kuma along and gave Zoro his huge moment that arc, not to mention Brooks flashback.

This is I say judge an arc after it's finished.

It's the same shit, different stink (referring to people's complaints). I've been reading this manga since 2005 and have had an account on AP since 2007. You guys should have seen the massive amounts of complaints during Enies Lobby.

The sea train and early enies lobby skirmishes from like Chapter 360-400 were some of the most hated aspects and complaints people had back then. But you barely hear about them because overall, the fights at the Judicial Tower, plus post-Enies Lobby with all the revaltions given to us more than made up for it. God, and right after this, people entirely hated the first 60% of Thriller Bark up until Zoro vs Ryuuma and finally when there was a 12 chapter Oars fight. People called it the "best arc ever" when Oda randomly brought Kuma along and gave Zoro his huge moment that arc, not to mention Brooks flashback.

This is I say judge an arc after it's finished.
old man

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
According my source suprise character is Hawkins but Hawkins took the shape of Oden. We will see later chapters.
your source is @Kejon i guess?

kejon Bro, I Know you wait for Hawkins, honestly me too, but I am sure he will get his time to shine. Be patient with us!
Post automatically merged:

Now that is called having a Keen fucking eye
not necessarily. It’s the typical design of fodder swords. If you check up other panels of Wano with a lot of random sword, you will see exactly that designs. It just shows, the person taken the swords (if oden or not) just took two ransoms swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.