Questions & Mysteries Is Zoro done with Kaido?

Is Zoro done with Kaido

• Yes - Zoro has done enough

Votes: 53 41.4%
  • No - Zoro will still fight Kaido and surpass his limits

Votes: 75 58.6%

• Total voters
April Fools is over already, sir.

Thing is, if you guys believe that Ryuma is Godlike level, like above Mihawk, above Akainu, above Kaido etc. Then Zoro isn't doing Ryuma's feat in this arc. It can still happen but later near EoS.
I believe Ryuma is someone Zoro will eventually surpass later on in the manga. Cutting at dragon (killing Kaido) will be his first step to surpassing Ryuma. Remember, are told defeating a dragon was just one of Ryuma's legendary feats.

Unless Zoro won't be allowed to recover which is extensively unlikely, I find it so unlikely he won't return it's not even funny.
The problem is you have to make a 2 fold assumption.

- Is he going to recover?
- Is he going to once again fight Kaido with Luffy after losing and Luffy telling him and Law to leave?

The case to return really isn't in Zoro's favor. I really don't see what other people see on that idea. There's essentially nothing backing him returning to that fight unless you make loose connections to him explicitly killing Kaido over the capital.

Which, yes, can still happen, but I highly doubt that's the ONLY role Zoro is playing here. Guaranteed that if Zoro still fights King, people will still be clamoring for ZKK and a fight with Kaido lol

The problem is you have to make a 2 fold assumption.

- Is he going to recover?
- Is he going to once again fight Kaido with Luffy after losing and Luffy telling him and Law to leave?

The case to return really isn't in Zoro's favor. I really don't see what other people see on that idea. There's essentially nothing backing him returning to that fight unless you make loose connections to him explicitly killing Kaido over the capital.

Which, yes, can still happen, but I highly doubt that's the ONLY role Zoro is playing here. Guaranteed that if Zoro still fights King, people will still be clamoring for ZKK and a fight with Kaido lol
That's based off probability based off the notions we have at disposal.

First that Zoro is meant to most likely recover without being substantially interrupted.

Second that he will most likely return to the fighting stage possibly even independently from what goes on on the rooftop, but Luffy will unlikely defeat Kaido before Big Mom manages to come help notwithstanding Kidd and Killer.

That's based off probability based off the notions we have at disposal.

First that Zoro is meant to most likely recover without being substantially interrupted.

Second that he will most likely return possibly even independently from what goes on on the rooftop, but Luffy will unlikely defeat Kaido before Big Mom manages to come help notwithstanding Kidd and Killer.
Well, yes the first is an assumption we can all pretty much say will happen since Oda won't make Zoro irrelevant until the end of the arc. My theory on this whole thing rides on that too.

The real question comes to:

- IF Kid loses to BM
- IF Luffy can't handle Kaido solo.
- IF Zoro doesn't play another role before then.

Like what will people say if hypothetically Zoro is in the middle of fighting King when Luffy loses a 2nd time? What if Kid and Luffy don't lose?

Like seriously, we are underestimating these characters just as bad as the villains do. They have the power of PLOT lol so is it really that surprising if they win? Kaido's title really doesn't mean much when he's been shown to be "equal" to Big Mom and stopped by Shanks.

There's nothing in this story that disproves, via Shonen logic, that Akainu, Blackbeard or Shanks can pose as bigger threats to Luffy after 1v1'ing Kaido.

Edit: It's the same logic that was likely thrown back in the day about Luffy beating Crocodile and the concern that he was now "as strong" as Mihawk due to defeating someone with the title. Being a Yonko doesn't mean you are all equal to the rest. Mihawk was a shichukai and is the WSS. Does that make him weaker than Kaido, the WSC? There's certainly grounds to argue that logic right? If Shanks and Mihawk fought many times in the past, does thar t mean Shanks is also weaker than Kaido?

Akainu was regarded as having the strongest offensive devil fruit by Oda, so who's to say he's weaker than Kaido at the end of the day? Blackbeard is Blackbeard, and is amassing power just like Luffy. By the end, he will be stronger than Kaido.

Tldr: The notion that Luffy can't solo Kaido right now is a pretty dangerous one since we can't even predict the future or how strong other top tier characters are relative to Kaido, regardless of his title.

Last edited:
Well, yes the first is an assumption we can all pretty much say will happen since Oda won't make Zoro irrelevant until the end of the arc. My theory on this whole thing rides on that too.

The real question comes to:

- IF Kid loses to BM
- IF Luffy can't handle Kaido solo.
- IF Zoro doesn't play another role before then.

Like what will people say if hypothetically Zoro is in the middle of fighting King when Luffy loses a 2nd time? What if Kid and Luffy don't lose?

Like seriously, we are underestimating these characters just as bad as the villains do. They have the power of PLOT lol so is it really that surprising if they win? Kaido's title really doesn't mean much when he's been shown to be "equal" to Big Mom and stopped by Shanks.

There's nothing in this story that disproves, via Shonen logic, that Akainu, Blackbeard or Shanks can pose as bigger threats to Luffy after 1v1'ing Kaido.

Edit: It's the same logic that was likely thrown back in the day about Luffy beating Crocodile and the concern that he was now "as strong" as Mihawk due to defeating someone with the title. Being a Yonko doesn't mean you are all equal to the rest. Mihawk was a shichukai and is the WSS. Does that make him weaker than Kaido, the WSC? There's certainly grounds to argue that logic right? If Shanks and Mihawk fought many times in the past, does thar t mean Shanks is also weaker than Kaido?

Akainu was regarded as having the strongest offensive devil fruit by Oda, so who's to say he's weaker than Kaido at the end of the day? Blackbeard is Blackbeard, and is amassing power just like Luffy. By the end, he will be stronger than Kaido.

Tldr: The notion that Luffy can't solo Kaido right now is a pretty dangerous one since we can't even predict the future or how strong other top tier characters are relative to Kaido, regardless of his title.
It is not just a "Yonko" title, but it is about "The world strongest creature, when fight 1 on 1 always bet on Kaido". This already means Kaido is above everyone in One Piece world. What's the point having these grand narratives if BB or Akainu is actually stronger than him. Luffy beating him just means Luffy becomes the world strongest creature and I don't think fighting with Akainu or BB will come with excitement unless they team up to beat our MC.

I personally prefer to maintain the One Piece lore instead of having MC destroying all the legends and narratives OP has built up. I also think it much better if Kaido remains like Meruem in HxH and requires opponent to team up, cheat, or come up with brilliant strategy. But I know it is OP world and it seems Oda prefer Luffy to have insane development (like Naruto end game) while opponent remains status quo waiting to get beaten.

It’s not a coincidence that of the “many legends” about Ryuma, the one Gyukimaru decided to tell Zoro was about him cutting down a dragon above the Flower Capital.

Lo and behold, the final battle of this arc will be... a dragon going to try and destroy the Flower Capital. Where oh where can be found a proud samurai, perhaps one with links to Oden and Ryuma, to save the day?

Whether or not Zoro kills Kaido there or not, Oda’s going to have a scene of him cutting down Kaido in dragon form as he tries to incinerate the capital. With all the natives being there to watch and see someone who’s incredibly likely to be Ryuma’s descendant save them using their other hero Oden’s old sword.

Zoro scarring Kaido, as cool as it was, absolutely did not have a degree of finality about it. No samurai there to see him do it, no real conclusion made about Enma, too early in the fights for everything to be over. Zoro may or may not fight King, that can go either way, I’m not bothered, but King does not provide a full conclusion of Zoro’s plotline this arc, which is blatantly not finished yet. Only Kaido can do that.

It’s not a coincidence that of the “many legends” about Ryuma, the one Gyukimaru decided to tell Zoro was about him cutting down a dragon above the Flower Capital.

Lo and behold, the final battle of this arc will be... a dragon going to try and destroy the Flower Capital. Where oh where can be found a proud samurai, perhaps one with links to Oden and Ryuma, to save the day?

Whether or not Zoro kills Kaido there or not, Oda’s going to have a scene of him cutting down Kaido in dragon form as he tries to incinerate the capital. With all the natives being there to watch and see someone who’s incredibly likely to be Ryuma’s descendant save them using their other hero Oden’s old sword.

Zoro scarring Kaido, as cool as it was, absolutely did not have a degree of finality about it. No samurai there to see him do it, no real conclusion made about Enma, too early in the fights for everything to be over. Zoro may or may not fight King, that can go either way, I’m not bothered, but King does not provide a full conclusion of Zoro’s plotline this arc, which is blatantly not finished yet. Only Kaido can do that.
*Zoro having a lot of build up to cut Dragon Kaido above the flower capital*
Some ppl: '0 build up, 0 foreshadow and no sense plot-wise whatsoever'
Post automatically merged:

*Zoro having a lot of build up to cut Dragon Kaido above the flower capital*
Some ppl: '0 build up, 0 foreshadow and no sense plot-wise whatsoever'
I mean, unless you want to call all of that build up 'the biggest chekho's gun ever'

I feel he must leave Wano with the people of the country thinking he's the next Ryuma.

Otherwise a lot of things would have been build without purpose which is hard to buy with Oda.

Wano citizen must see him cut Kaido.

That's why I feel he's not done for when it comes to facing Kaido.
No no, everyone knows that Oda is the master of the Chekhov's gun.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Luffy told zoro to go back and stated that he would finish the fight

zoro going back would be blatantly disobeying his captain's orders, which is something he will never do

so looks like ZKK is dead, cope harder guys
Zoro is knocked out, he received no orders.
Not that he would follow them anyway even if he heard them.
And why would he? To allow Kaido to kill Luffy?
Zoro already said that is only happening over his dead body.
Luffy's protector has a job to do in this arc, he has done it around 10 times already. :myman:

I mean what's the point of Zoro killing Kaido who's already been defeated. Wow "Zoan recovery"....yh but can't Luffy just beat his ass again and then lock his ass up with Sea Stone. Sea Stone was enough for Meme....should be enough for Kaido as well.

Im really not onboard with Zoro defying Luffy's order and still pursuing Kaido. He should stick to avenging Yasuie now and maybe getting a flashback.

Not saying Zoro won't go to Kaido....but it'd be pretty bad if he did. Like why make Luffy say these words, if Zoro will just ignore it. Anyways chilee....let's see where this goes.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I mean what's the point of Zoro killing Kaido who's already been defeated. Wow "Zoan recovery"....yh but can't Luffy just beat his ass again and then lock his ass up with Sea Stone. Sea Stone was enough for Meme....should be enough for Kaido as well.

Im really not onboard with Zoro defying Luffy's order and still pursuing Kaido. He should stick to avenging Yasuie now and maybe getting a flashback.

Not saying Zoro won't go to Kaido....but it'd be pretty bad if he did. Like why make Luffy say these words, if Zoro will just ignore it. Anyways chilee....let's see where this goes.
nik87 using another Santoryu Ougi technique: Farce of the future:
Kaido wants to destroy the capital by dropping Onigashima on it...
Momonosuke saves it by using flame clouds...
Kaido: Fine! I will burn it to the ground myself!
flies off towards capital
Zoro jumps off of Onigashima and kills Kaido.

Do you prefer my new move or the old one, Greater Fact Delivery? :yearight:

nik87 using another Santoryu Ougi technique: Farce of the future:
Kaido wants to destroy the capital by dropping Onigashima on it...
Momonosuke saves it by using flame clouds...
Kaido: Fine! I will burn it to the ground myself!
flies off towards capital
Zoro jumps off of Onigashima and kills Kaido.

Do you prefer my new move or the old one, Greater Fact Delivery? :yearight:
Why can't Luffy do it tho and then lock him with Sea Stone ?
Post automatically merged:

Plus Kaido doesn't aim to destroy the Capital. The Capital being destroyed is just an aftermath of Onigashma landing there....