General & Others Luffy's Proclamations

Did you just compare luffy fighting gifters and his interactions with apoo to the 14 people kaido fought ? Really ?
You think kaidos not gonna hit luffy again and luffys just gonna one shot him next chapter ?
Every time luffy knocks kaido down he gets up and knocks luffy out.
5 mins is 5 mins I don't care how many episodes.
9 of 14 are scabbards they were OS once Kaido went to base Form. They didn't do significant damage.
Only SN did.
If it was 5 min and they were short on Panel I would agree but it's aint

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
9 of 14 are scabbards they were OS once Kaido went to base Form. They didn't do significant damage.
Only SN did.
If it was 5 min and they were short on Panel I would agree but it's aint
They still damaged him more than anything that happened to luffy under the roof.
Their togen totska was more than what half the sn did.
5 mins is still just 5 mins. And goku outclassed him with ease.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
After more than twenty years, who doubts Luffy's words? Seriously
Well he claimed he would crush all yonkos but as a matter of fact it's not necessarily likely he shall defeat Shanks, unless he meant surpass them.

He also claimed he would have saved Ace anyway.

But it's not about him specifically, there are many examples of characters not managing to keep their claims and concretize them all, the manga would look too favourable differently.

I will save ace - ace died
I will beat Jack- never sees him
I will beat big mom multiple times - double standard is rife and you're happy for kidd to do it
I won't run any more - immediately runs from fujitora and then big mom in wci
I will beat every single Admiral and yonko or I can't become pk - well I guess he won't become pk because he's not gonna beat each and every one of them
Post automatically merged:

?
How did you read the words he won't keep kaido down and jump to there ?
Kaido will be back up and above the Flower Capital whether it be running or trying to destroy it in anger. Then his head is coming off.
Luffy saved Ace, not his fault his pride got in the way and he got himself killed

Just want to point out too that I totally get and see the Enma/Ame No Habakiri parallels.

Enma literally references the God of Death, which is the one thing Kaido strives for.

Ame no Habakiri literally translates to Snake Slayer

There is totally writing on the wall there for:

- Luffy to defeat Kaido, Zoro to do his thing (whatever it is, improve CoC mastery, vs King, learn his backstory, etc) and eventually kill Kaido at the last moment.

- Orochi to lose his his head at the same time from Momo with Ame.

Atm it does seem that Orochi has lost 7 heads (Lost 1 to Kaido, and contrary to 1009, he actually grew 6 heads but the panel only showed 5 getting removed, so I think he only has 1 left). The way Momo has been set up to becoming a leader aiming to take back his kingdom, especially if Orochi ends up using Hiyori in some particular way (kidnapping/hostage), I definitely could see this.

Oden having both his swords take out the 2 biggest threats via death makes perfect sense. I just HOPE Oda sticks to his guns here and does it, if this is the actual parallel that is meant to happen.

I fully expect Kid to "O-Lin" Big Mom so he'll technically win by getting her to stop fighting lol, at least imo since there's virtually no one else who can stop her outside of Marco (who might be screwed come the next few chapters depending on Perospero)

My sincere thoughts on the matter. I actually LIKE the notion of ZKK. It DOES make sense. I just think it needs to be done in a particular way (Kaido not stopping his rampage, not running away) and Oda needs to commit to a real villain death.

They still damaged him more than anything that happened to luffy under the roof.
Their togen totska was more than what half the sn did.
5 mins is still just 5 mins. And goku outclassed him with ease.
Don't think.
Apoo's explosion were pretty powerful. They KO luffy for a short period.
Red Roc was much powerful Than their Totsuka
Nope they had an hard fight.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Also knocked down, even BM was shocked and thought he was playing. He bleed.
It had the same consequences has Totsuka except that it was on a stonger Kaido
No it didn't.
Read what he says.
He sees luffy coming and let's him hit him cause he thinks it won't do anything.
Then once hit he's shocked at how luffy grew so fast from kuri where he couldn't hurt kaido.
It was shock at being hurt more than it being an actual powerful attack.

Hahhahahahaha so it is ok for Kid to have ''Luffy's back'' for BM but god forbid Zoro to do it for Kaido :whitepress:
It is true that Luffy ''keeps his word'' most of the time but it happens that he doesn't and you even gave Kid's example so why deny it to Zoro ?
Nah read the OP, it's not about ZKK not happening. I actually like the idea. It does actually make sense from a logical standpoint. The problem is I'm a skeptic to Oda hyping something "different" before not doing it.

It's about Oda committing values he normally has about "main" (key word) OP villains that Luffy fights.

Kid "defeating" Big Mom (who btw, never has been a main villain. Katakuri and Kaido take that role in WCI/Wano respecttively), either by permanently making her O-Lin or anything else, is okay because Luffy effectively "won" against the BMP last arc.

This is the big reason Morgans writes his article about Luffy. He says he's the 5th emperor because he made her "lose" (she gets pissed at the article, remember). At this point BM in relation to Luffy trying to prove something to her is meaningless.

Plus, if Kaido and Linlin are "equal" and Luffy defeats Kaido, it effectively means he can or could have defeated Linlin. Yes, I hope ZKK happens where it fits the mold of the story.

Where I was actually making fun of ZKK is not the actual act of it, but the notion that some supporters of it think Zoro will overtake Luffy's 1v1 at some point (look at the OP where I reference it, it's about the actual 1v1, not what happens after). Reasonable members here of course don't believe that, and think Zoro will have relevance down below, learn his history with wano, improve CoC, then at the absolute end of the arc when Kaido is defeated by recovers, will pull the Ryuuma moment.

THAT I fundamentally agree with. I'm just nervous for Oda's....tendencies to not commit.

Yeah... there's a lot said so this is nothing too new, but in order to run with the idea of what Luffy said becoming reality you have to ignore the instances where it didn't. As I clicked on this thread and cycled through examples, counter examples sprang up at many stops. Taking over Udon? Oh but let's talk about the main villains. Luffy apologized to the crew for not beating crocodile and said he'd win... then he lost. He asked a bunch of people to hold off the Doflamingo he claimed he'd whoop. Etc. Luffy is gonna whoop some serious ass by the time this is over but the idea that Oda has established any certainty in Luffy singlehandedly determining Kaido's fate is faulty.

Nah read the OP, it's not about ZKK not happening. I actually like the idea. It does actually make sense from a logical standpoint. The problem is I'm a skeptic to Oda hyping something "different" before not doing it.

It's about Oda committing values he normally has about "main" (key word) OP villains that Luffy fights.

Kid "defeating" Big Mom (who btw, never has been a main villain. Katakuri and Kaido take that role in WCI/Wano respecttively), either by permanently making her O-Lin or anything else, is okay because Luffy effectively "won" against the BMP last arc.

This is the big reason Morgans writes his article about Luffy. He says he's the 5th emperor because he made her "lose" (she gets pissed at the article, remember). At this point BM in relation to Luffy trying to prove something to her is meaningless.

Plus, if Kaido and Linlin are "equal" and Luffy defeats Kaido, it effectively means he can or could have defeated Linlin. Yes, I hope ZKK happens where it fits the mold of the story.

Where I was actually making fun of ZKK is not the actual act of it, but the notion that some supporters of it think Zoro will overtake Luffy's 1v1 at some point (look at the OP where I reference it, it's about the actual 1v1, not what happens after). Reasonable members here of course don't believe that, and think Zoro will have relevance down below, learn his history with wano, improve CoC, then at the absolute end of the arc when Kaido is defeated by recovers, will pull the Ryuuma moment.

THAT I fundamentally agree with. I'm just nervous for Oda's....tendencies to not commit.
A big reason why luffy vs big moon 1v1 will never happen is because big moms already at an disadvantage going to the fight and luffys her worst possible matchup.

1. Luffy can tank her lightning attacks

2. She doesn’t have high enough AP besides her strongest attacks

Oda is not wasting time giving her. A 1v1.

Luffy's claim was to save him anyway :kayneshrug: He didn't manage to prevent Akainu from killing him
Ace was always dying, its what Oda needed for the story to continue the way it did. Luffy still saved him, with the entire Navy force protecting the platform. Thats a big W. At rhe moment Ace stopped, there was no saving him (them actually) from Akainu, unless Whitebeard/Marco stepped in

Very few people if not 0 believe that Zoro would 1v1 Kaido.
Everyone knows that Luffy will have a ''big portion of the cake'' but Zoro is definetely getting a bigger feat than blocking and tanking Hakai and it is certainly not against a YC lol and the only thing ''bigger'' is being the first to kill the unkillable beast.
Let's wait and see as all this is speculation but I trust Zoro will surpass my hype again, as usual.

No it didn't.
Read what he says.
He sees luffy coming and let's him hit him cause he thinks it won't do anything.
Then once hit he's shocked at how luffy grew so fast from kuri where he couldn't hurt kaido.
It was shock at being hurt more than it being an actual powerful attack.
Luffy dodge him point blank and hit him.
Stop your headcannons.
He didn't let Luffy hit him

Ace was always dying, its what Oda needed for the story to continue the way it did. Luffy still saved him, with the entire Navy force protecting the platform. Thats a big W. At rhe moment Ace stopped, there was no saving him (them actually) from Akainu, unless Whitebeard/Marco stepped in
True though.
The ONLY one to blame is Ace in this situation...Luffy and all Ace's ''family'' went through hell to free him and the moron commited suicide the instant he got saved...