How Will O-Lin Play Out?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i can agree with this, i forgot that box was portrayed to be of special making, there could be more gimmicks to it than i thought, it may not be because of the attack cuz he took a punch earlier and nothing happened, maybe his magnetism gets weak if there's obstacles between kid an the metal, kid was maintaining control while he was outside now that he's inside the castle he lost it, that does kinda add some sense to what happened
Yea thats agreeable, so the reasons being.
1) Distance

2) Obstacles between kid and the box

these both would decrease or weaken his control over the box.

Kaido and Luffy will go on for hours, Kaido needs to be beaten in front of it's citizens and Onigashima is nowhere near the capitol yet.

Expect this go o like the Katakuri fight, most of it will be offpanel while other stuff is happening at the same time

Remember when he went against Kizaru? Unfortuantely Kizaru at that point was way too much for any of the supernova to really be able to oppose him. Still, he used his Goma no So form, because he wanted to use more of his strength. So, we can say this time Hawkins will actually be really serious and use some insane abilities that we haven't seen before.
Exactly
And, if you look carefully, you can actually see that he might have two different fighting styles: against agile or fast opponents, such as Killer and Kizaru, he uses his Goma no So form, which would help him to keep up with their speed. While against Luffy and Zoro he used the giant Straw man, in order to counter their physical strengths.

I've been thinking a lot about these matchups and what we potentially have. Big Mom only has truly 4 powerful executives on her ship atm (Compote, Snack, Daifuku and Smoothie), since Oven, Cracker and Katakuri are not here. Factor in Perospero, she technically has 5 executives here. Funny enough if you mirror her crew and Kaido's you are left with 8 executives each (F5 and 3 Calamities, 4 Veteran Executives and 4 Sweet Commanders).

So what's interesting right now is this is what is current:

- Luffy vs Kaido
- Kid vs Big Mom (assumed to continue due to BM looking for Kid specifically and vice versa)
- Jinbe vs WsW
- Franky vs Sasaki
- Brook/Robin vs Black Maria
- Nami/Usopp vs Ulti (allegedly if P1 is down or is being reserved for Chopper)
- Drake vs Apoo
- Killer vs Hawkins

Imo, I still don't expect Hawkins and Apoo to stay on the bad side. I believe something, on typical Oda fashion, will push them to the protagonist side eventually as they are important characters as WG pirates. Now, while this does at least keep 4 WG pirates distracted atm, you have to wonder where it's all leading to in the end. Apoo and Hawkins are not BP Executives and the fight below has always been about taking them out. But one thing that's always thrown me off after all this is Laws role. Every other WG pirate except Law and Zoro are distracted right now, but what if not for long?

What if Big Mom's executives actually DO arrive and some major event causes Hawkins and Apoo to switch sides? You see, Kid is distracted with Big Mom, but what if her 4 additional executives, plus Pero, all factor into the final fights? Obviously notwithstanding that it very likely won't happen, but 5 executives for the 5 Supernova outside of Zoro?

Then factor in the idea that Kaido's 3 Calamities are being reserved for Zoro, Sanji and Yamato (assuming Marco and Inu won't continue to fight them), its almost scary how the potential may work for these fights hypothetically:

Yonko:

- Luffy vs Kaido
- Kid vs Big Mom

YC's:

- Zoro vs King
- Sanji vs Queen
- Yamato vs Jack
- Law vs Smoothie
- Killer vs Snack

Veteran Executives:

- Jinbe vs Whos Who
- Franky vs Sasaki
- Drake vs Perospero
- Apoo vs Compote
- Hawkins vs Daifuku
- Usopp/Nami vs Ulti
- Chopper vs Page 1

With this, it's a very simple pirate vs pirate dynamic. It's also just pretty fucking clean in terms of the major players around and who's left. Numbers and Orochi's side are virtually fodder. Kanjuro and Fuku may have big moments but albeit separate from the Yonko battles now.

Again, I dont expect this to happen, just want it to. It's a nice way to fundamentally tie up both Yonko (even if BM plays a role at Elbaf) and provide a meaningful end to them. It also just gives everyone important something to do.

Idk, I'm still hoping that's Perospero's play, that he pulls Mont d'Or's book or something and the Canter appears out of nowhere, or the crew waiting at mainland Wano for the island to land.

If not, I STILL think the Beast Pirate executives are definitely Strawhat centric, but it does make it tougher to know what Law will do. Maybe he tags BM with Kid in that case, no idea.

So didn't Luffy to be honest and yet he is clashing with Hybrid Kaidou in base form which is ridiculous af...
Post automatically merged:

Did he ever said that? lol
But Kid isn't Luffy, plus it's not like Luffy was all alone against Kaido until now, plus there is the Tama thing to complicate things and I didn't see Big Mom's story ending in Wano even without Tama.

Yea thats agreeable, so the reasons being.
1) Distance

2) Obstacles between kid and the box

these both would decrease or weaken his control over the box.
i would add a third reason, now that we have new translations

Kidd: We already captured her lightning homie didn't we!?

it could be by choice, now that there's no point in keeping Zeus locked

I've been thinking a lot about these matchups and what we potentially have. Big Mom only has truly 4 powerful executives on her ship atm (Compote, Snack, Daifuku and Smoothie), since Oven, Cracker and Katakuri are not here. Factor in Perospero, she technically has 5 executives here. Funny enough if you mirror her crew and Kaido's you are left with 8 executives each (F5 and 3 Calamities, 4 Veteran Executives and 4 Sweet Commanders).

So what's interesting right now is this is what is current:

- Luffy vs Kaido
- Kid vs Big Mom (assumed to continue due to BM looking for Kid specifically and vice versa)
- Jinbe vs WsW
- Franky vs Sasaki
- Nami/Usopp vs Ulti (allegedly if P1 is down or is being reserved for Chopper)
- Drake vs Apoo
- Killer vs Hawkins

Imo, I still don't expect Hawkins and Apoo to stay on the bad side. I believe something, on typical Oda fashion, will push them to the protagonist side eventually as they are important characters as WG pirates. Now, while this does at least keep 4 WG pirates distracted atm, you have to wonder where it's all leading to in the end. Apoo and Hawkins are not BP Executives and the fight below has always been about taking them out. But one thing that's always thrown me off after all this is Laws role. Every other WG pirate except Law and Zoro are distracted right now, but what if not for long?

What if Big Mom's executives actually DO arrive and some major event causes Hawkins and Apoo to switch sides? You see, Kid is distracted with Big Mom, but what if her 4 additional executives, plus Pero, all factor into the final fights? Obviously notwithstanding that it very likely won't happen, but 5 executives for the 5 Supernova outside of Zoro?

Then factor in the idea that Kaido's 3 Calamities are being reserved for Zoro, Sanji and Yamato (assuming Marco and Inu won't continue to fight them), its almost scary how the potential may work for these fights hypothetically:

Yonko:

- Luffy vs Kaido
- Kid vs Big Mom

YC's:

- Zoro vs King
- Sanji vs Queen
- Yamato vs Jack
- Law vs Smoothie
- Killer vs Snack

Veteran Executives:

- Jinbe vs Whos Who
- Franky vs Sasaki
- Drake vs Perospero
- Apoo vs Compote
- Hawkins vs Daifuku
- Usopp/Nami vs Ulti
- Chopper vs Page 1

With this, it's a very simple pirate vs pirate dynamic. It's also just pretty fucking clean in terms of the major players around and who's left. Numbers and Orochi's side are virtually fodder. Kanjuro and Fuku may have big moments but albeit separate from the Yonko battles now.

Again, I dont expect this to happen, just want it to. It's a nice way to fundamentally tie up both Yonko (even if BM plays a role at Elbaf) and provide a meaningful end to them. It also just gives everyone important something to do.

Idk, I'm still hoping that's Perospero's play, that he pulls Mont d'Or's book or something and the Canter appears out of nowhere, or the crew waiting at mainland Wano for the island to land.

If not, I STILL think the Beast Pirate executives are definitely Strawhat centric, but it does make it tougher to know what Law will do. Maybe he tags BM with Kid in that case, no idea.

Marco??
Role of Cp0??
Zoro Is nerfed(may be marco heals him)
Role of scabbards going forward
Too may plot points are missed

Status
Not open for further replies.