Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters
Yet maybe judging from Kaidou's performance, he'a not significantly weakened if him getting hybrid after all those battles was defined by him as starting to be fun.

And even when Luffy was almost bitten/chomped and incapacitated by Roger-style CoA Ragnarok to the nuts, maybe some people just deliberately overlooked that Luffy was really struggling and took heavy damage?
if you look closely during their clash..luffy struggles with equating kaido's attacks with his fists and resorts to his leg

Who's talking about gear 4 being an asspull here. Have you even read my post before commenting, everybody in the fandom expected luffy had gear 4 after its ts training. Im talking about gear 5 here.
"ass pulling new techniques"

that
gave me the impression that you consider them and haki upgrades like Acoc.. were asspull powerup too

but nvm if that isn't the case

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I understand that he's using Conqueror's Haki but how is he facing Kaido 1v1 so easily? This is what I hate most about shonen. Asspulls. And yes I know he's the main character but it's still annoying. I feel like Kaido doesn't feel as intimidating anymore if Luffy can just do this in his base form. If he was in his Snakeman form wrapped in Conqueror's Haki that's one thing, but base form and going toe to toe with a Yonko? I don't like that at all. This would essentially mean he's already PK level right? If he's doing this in base, then Boundman or Snakeman wrapped in COC would hypothetically be unbeatable.

Thoughts?
Oda decided to make the haki barriers into a cheap version of Bartolomeo's Bari Bari no Mi.
Since Kaido can use them too, Luffy's gears are useless as well, it nullifies physical strength apparently.
It makes the fights dull since they are not doing anything to each other.

The speed he gets from g2 or Snakeman will probably change nothing either since Kaido will likely scale up to it.
On the other hand, he doesnt need to since Luffy has no other way of dealing damage to him other than outspeeding him.
The barrier clash fights will become boring if they dont find a way to deal damage to each other.
It is not an ass pull, all it does is mimicking a weapon but lacks the cool techniques which come from weapons.

Luffy vs Kaido may simply constitute the prelude of an ultimate match up that could take place once Zoro is recovered.

In other words a necessary evil right now.
I'm just curious regarding your impression when wano ends and zoro doesn't kill kaido..

not that I'm against the notion even though it seems tentative as of now... but will you expect him to have better feats in Elbaf than what he has already done.. or not killing kaido would just make you flip the series...

nobody was bitching when Zoro was putting in work blocking Hakai and still pushing on with shattered bones and ripping out the asspull CoCAshura.
Don't make this about Zoro he has gotten the most trash talk undermined with Enma go check countless threads made about that sword this doesn't even begin to compare, his Hakai feat was also questioned by a lot of people here and how exactly is Ashura an asspull when it was something Zoro possessed since pre timeskip

It is indeed.

At least at this stage of the fight before it kinda looked promising because it sold the idea that teamwork will put an emperor down but now out of sudden one has possibly level power to evenly clash.
:few:
Post automatically merged:

Maybe Oda nerfs him by restricting his usage of Adv CoC to his base form or something.
Despite thinking the same that would only happen if Luffy idk is weakened due Kaido fight for two arcs or something.

Which is highly unlikely .

Threads like this prove people just quickly scroll through the pages instead of read the manga.
Luffy didn't bring Kaido to this state alone, it's a teamwork since chapter 987 of Kaido taking damage and he's still having fun after 14 opponents while giving no excuses to be tired or hurt.
How this is easy or not intimidating is beyond me.
If he isn't showing signs of being hurt or something then that previous teamwork did 0 .

So yeah getting the feeling of cheap formula is easy.

Luffy litteraly can use every type of advanced haki and the only powerup left that we know of is devil fruit awakening but somehow you guys want more than that for him to face equally kaido. :milaugh:
we don't even know if luffy will end up finishing the fight 1v1, if kaido doesn't hide another powerup or if luffy will need help in the end.
The fights are sick so far against kaido, let's just wait and see what's gonna happen in the next rooftop chapters. :kata:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I'm just curious regarding your impression when wano ends and zoro doesn't kill kaido..

not that I'm against the notion even though it seems tentative as of now... but will you expect him to have better feats in Elbaf than what he has already done.. or not killing kaido would just make you flip the series...
Well I personally came up with some reasoning regarding the matter in the past, of course this remains in the realm of speculation:

In relation to several claims of Zoro disobeying to Luffy's orders; let me say two things:

- First of all, what happened was situational. Luffy shouting "I've got this" is merely in that Zoro was off for that moment, he never orders him to stay down or infers to solo Kaido.

- Second, if his captain was endangered, Zoro would factually attempt to save him:

Zoro will presumably be the one to kill Kaido. Luffy never killed characters advertently, and Oda has been portraying Kaido's words "perfection can only be found with death" probably for a reason in that so specific, and also Zoro's specific declaration himself. And all those experiments Kaido conducted on his own body. Put all elements together.

Luffy declaring "I got this" was presumably a circumstantial matter linked to Zoro's poor physical conditions. He would most likely not have spelled those had Zoro stood substantially healthier. If Kaido manages to resist Luffy's assault enough time before Zoro returns to the battlefield to check what's occurring (cause he presumably would) and/or Big Mom helps Kaido out, we could most likely see this coming to fruition at long last.

The scenario where Kaido is defeated and only later Zoro still cuts his head off strikes as less likely for me now, but that also has to be accounted.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
so this just proves the point that luffy has the brute strength like demonstrated in their first encounter... but didn't have a wayy to by pass the scales that absorb all of his attacks

Wouldn't that be fire
Yes, so brute strength (channeled into - you guessed it! - punches) still rules the day here, it’s just coated in CoC so it’s harder to tell that we’re still watching basically the same thing we’ve always seen. As fans of shonen manga, we’re willing to accept a degree of repetition and reliability over ingenuity; Luffy beating Kaido this way is fine, but the author set the expectation that it would be more than that, and he isn’t delivering whatsoever.

Like, it would be significantly harder to complain about what we’re seeing if Oda HADN’T set a higher expectation. If Luffy suddenly started throwing CoC hands out of nowhere, I think we all would have accepted it as a natural progression of his powers and fighting style...it makes perfect sense, we were just promised more, and he could have just...not done that.

Last edited:
Don't make this about Zoro he has gotten the most trash talk undermined with Enma go check countless threads made about that sword this doesn't even begin to compare, his Hakai feat was also questioned by a lot of people here and how exactly is Ashura an asspull when it was something Zoro possessed since pre timeskip
It was an asspull even when it was introduced Pre Timeskip lol, though i guess it doesn't classify as one anymore now that Oda revealed what it was.

Define alot of people? Wasnt much but a minority that retorted against Zoro blocking Hakai and the minority wasnt taken all that seriously.

But neither of this is the point. Luffy matching hybrid Kaido in base isn't an asspull. If Luffy didnt go through all that training mastering Haki, then I would agree.