Powers & Abilities Haoshoku Haki: What are those qualities of a king?

"The environment makes you decide" - this statement is not really true for shonens. Why Luffy wanted to be a PK? Why Zoro wanted to be WSS? It almost seems like they started to express their desire for PK and WSS from a very early age, when they had no clue what it really meant. Its more like their destiny, they were born for greatness and thats why they have such great ambition and conviction to fulfill it.

While you can certainly make your case with WB and Kuri, Luffy is a man with kingly ambitions. The word king is used metaphorically in the PK title, similar to how yonko means 4 emperors. I highly doubt WB or Shanks ruled the islands under their influence in a traditional way.
It’s just “desire to be a king” means “desire to rule” is how I see it. And Luffy And Whitebeard don’t have that ambition. Luffy just wants personal freedom. Whitebeard just wants a family. That’s why I don’t agree.

Nah thats bull. Luffy only wanted to become PK because he met Shanks and Shanks inspired him to be it. Had Luffy met a very inspiring farmer, he'd want to become a farmer or something. We have no clue about Zoro's early life. But as you can see the environment you grow up in and the people you meet help you decide what you want to be.
Why Sanji wanted to be a cook? Did his royal environment decided that for him?

It’s just “desire to be a king” means “desire to rule” is how I see it. And Luffy And Whitebeard don’t have that ambition. Luffy just wants personal freedom. Whitebeard just wants a family. That’s why I don’t agree.
Luffy wants that title though. There is no point for him to search for One Piece if its only about freedom.

I don’t think lineage is a factor to have COC. The vast majority of COC users don’t have any special parentage; royals like Hancock and Big Mom earned their titles through merit rather than lineage. Katakuri is the only Charlotte child to have COC; a 1 out of 65 success rate is really not making the case for COC as a genetic trait. If COC had anything to do with one’s origins, Vivi should have it, so should every descendant or at least a significant number of people descended from the 20 founding families in the World Government.
1 out of 65 is amazing odds when you consider that the ability in and of itself is a 1 in a million odds. The simple fact that you have 3 CoC users (Roger, Dragon and Big Mom) all born with this one in a million ability, who then go on to have children of their own who are also born with a 1 in a million ability suggests Lineage can play a significant role in the matter, because the odds of that happening not once, not twice, but three different times (Possibly even more) are astronomically higher than some random person being born with CoC.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
1 out of 65 is amazing odds when you consider that the ability in and of itself is a 1 in a million odds. The simple fact that you have 3 CoC users (Roger, Dragon and Big Mom) all born with this one in a million ability, who then go on to have children of their own who are also born with a 1 in a million ability suggests Lineage can play a significant role in the matter, because the odds of that happening not once, not twice, but three different times (Possibly even more) are astronomically higher than some random person being born with CoC.
If garp has it that's 3 gen in a row
Roger -> ace too

Ambitions is not a big factor here. You got Whitebeard who just want to have a family, Big Mom wants to build a utopia filled with diverse people and no discrimination, Katakuri wants to protect his family, Hancock I forgot what her ambition was, etc. But they are CoC users. You must be a natural born leader and strong willpower with some kind of lineage. Luffy, Dragon, Garp is a D. Doffy and Hancock are royalty. There are plenty of qualities to become a king like Chinjao said.

(1) a natural born leader
(3) exceptional willpower
These two are the only ones that matter. If you look at all the CoC users, they all fall under them.
If the others are factors (don't think they are), they're beneath these two.

Ambition to be king is the one I think most people get confused about because there's lots of CoC users that don't want to be a king.
WB wants to protect, Oden wants to go on adventures, Ace wanted to be king but changed to make WB king, Hancock wants to protect, Kat wants to protect. Don't think Shanks want to be a King and he might be the strongest CoC user.

i thought CoC is the only quality of a king, and one must be chosen to possess it, it's born with the person without it being hereditary

i know there's common traits between conquerors, but i think they can display them on a spectrum, not all conquerors built the same, ther's 4 traits imo:
1- great ambition
2- disposition to stand above others
3- fame on a global scale
4- strong willpower