Where is Law?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
That is exactly what I was gonna comment.
Oda writes Sanji in one way and what most people likes in Sanji is his fighting ability which Oda have made it clear always comes second or third in regards to his character. They truly expected Sanji to be a Zoro or Luffy but he just isn't that which is also fine..
First contact I had with One Piece in general was a dubbed random episode of One Piece.
It was the episode of Sanji fighting Gin. I just thought the dude in a suit fighting with kicks was dope.
Sanji legit was the reason I got into One Piece in the first place. And it was due to his fighting style. :P
But I've never thought of him as a "blonde Zoro". Doesn't mean I don't miss his 1v1's. His last relevant W in the story was against freaking Wadatsumi. And it even wasn't a clean 1v1. was more like a 2v1 with Jinbei. No need to have a fight every arc like Luffy or Zoro. But AT LEAST on an arc centered around HIM would have been nice, ngl. :P

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
He wasn’t my favorite till WCI (Luffy was) but I loved Sanji in WCI. His backstory and family was amazing to see, and even after everything happened he still wanted to save everyone is awesome. And the scene of him standing on the table and treating Judge like a failure like Judge treated him, I loved.
You slick bastard. You are the FIRST person I've seen saying that.
Now I can't say that I haven't seen anyone say this.
Damn you.
:P

Despite some decisions that I would have made differently from Oda, overall I liked WCI and Sanji's participation. I just needed some nice 1v1 to make it perfect. But I totally understand those who didn't like it.
As I said, it was very splitting. :kayneshrug:
Imo WCI was to showcase how important Sanji is to Luffy (like a literal left hand) and everyone else like Nami (they got some moments tho), Chopper and even Jinbei, even as a new crewmate, and the things he is good beside fighting. Sanji didn't showed any weakness on fighting during the whole arc (aside from the Raid Suit showing very useful, foreshadowing that he would get one), considering he was busy 99% of the time while enemies like Oven and Daifuke were chasing him like crazy at once, he could keep up against them with ease, Oda just hold him to grow along with Zoro now at Wano, while Luffy needed to develop a lot cuz he would need to grow a lot compared to Zoro/Sanji anyway (and thats proven to be right with the latest chapters).

Imagine if Sanji fought a Sweet Commander? People would shit on Zoro, and Sanji would look too much ahead and his bounty would skyrocket, i don't think it was Oda's purpose to do this to be fair, especially storywise

Last edited:

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
First contact I had with One Piece in general was a dubbed random episode of One Piece.
It was the episode of Sanji fighting Gin. I just thought the dude in a suit fighting with kicks was dope.
Sanji legit was the reason I got into One Piece in the first place. And it was due to his fighting style. :P
But I've never thought of him as a "blonde Zoro". Doesn't mean I don't miss his 1v1's. His last relevant W in the story was against freaking Wadatsumi. And it even wasn't a clean 1v1. was more like a 2v1 with Jinbei. No need to have a fight every arc like Luffy or Zoro. But AT LEAST on an arc centered around HIM would have been nice, ngl. :P
from the moment you said you never saw anyone say that, it was obvious he was gonna say it

Well the only person who actually fought that Arc was Luffy with Nami helping in the first battle other than that all the SH were doing fodder control which Sanji also did not to mention this was a Rescue Arc and Oda had luffy literally in another dimension to have his actual fight.
I always think this in the same way I view Robin the in Ennies Lobby which never focused on her fighting but rather her character growth which was the same for Sanji.
But I can why one would be disappointed on Sanji not having a fight there but it just makes sense...

Damn baratie Sanji was goated, reminded me of spike spiegel:josad:

Status
Not open for further replies.