Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it really be Yamato? doesn't she know too much from Oden's journal. Luffy doesn't want a boring adventure and having someone on the crew that knows everything would feel out of place.
If it's not Carrot then maybe there is no final 10th person now after all and Luffy simply takes the role as the 10th that he stated in chapter 1.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
How many times is someone gonna bring this “Yamato knows everything about Laugh Tale” bullshit up before y’all realize it’s been answered a million times?? Like, damn, do you think we didn’t cover this at any point in the last 388 pages or the countless threads about this character elsewhere in the manga section?? If y’all don’t have any new arguments, the option to say nothing at all remains perpetually available.

Anyway, since we’re repeating things we say all the time…have y’all ever read a book (I know this is a stretch considering the quality of some posters) that was later adapted into a movie, and you watched it to see if what you envisioned bears any resemblance to what’s on screen? Even if Yamato knows the basic facts of how to get to Laugh Tale or the treasure it holds - and seeing as we can’t confirm that Oden got that detailed in his logbook or included navigation hints, even that much isn’t fully certain - the guy who wrote the journal explained that they were too early to do anything about what they had learned. Luffy, however, is right on time to really herald the Dawn; would love for someone to explain to me why Yamato wouldn’t wanna see that regardless of whether or not Oden did, which, again, he did not and therefore would not have described in his journal. She has the chance to help Luffy do what her idol and Roger could not, this argument that she “knows” everything already ignores the huge knowledge/ability gaps that prevented the first crew to find Laugh Tale in 800 years from doing what the Straw Hats will accomplish.

How many times is someone gonna bring this “Yamato knows everything about Laugh Tale” bullshit up before y’all realize it’s been answered a million times?? Like, damn, do you think we didn’t cover this at any point in the last 388 pages or the countless threads about this character elsewhere in the manga section?? If y’all don’t have any new arguments, the option to say nothing at all remains perpetually available.

Anyway, since we’re repeating things we say all the time…have y’all ever read a book (I know this is a stretch considering the quality of some posters) that was later adapted into a movie, and you watched it to see if what you envisioned bears any resemblance to what’s on screen? Even if Yamato knows the basic facts of how to get to Laugh Tale or the treasure it holds - and seeing as we can’t confirm that Oden got that detailed in his logbook or included navigation hints, even that much isn’t fully certain - the guy who wrote the journal explained that they were too early to do anything about what they had learned. Luffy, however, is right on time to really herald the Dawn; would love for someone to explain to me why Yamato wouldn’t wanna see that regardless of whether or not Oden did, which, again, he did not and therefore would not have described in his journal. She has the chance to help Luffy do what her idol and Roger could not, this argument that she “knows” everything already ignores the huge knowledge/ability gaps that prevented the first crew to find Laugh Tale in 800 years from doing what the Straw Hats will accomplish.
Also Roger yelled at the guy who tried to make an eternal log pose for Raftel, so why would it be okay for Oden to right down spoilers?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Also Roger yelled at the guy who tried to make an eternal log pose for Raftel, so why would it be okay for Oden to right down spoilers?
I’m saying!! His logbook, by all indications, seems to include the pure facts of Roger’s journey and Oden’s musings throughout, it’s not a step-by-step process explaining how to reach Laugh Tale and what to do when you arrive. Yamato knows more about that specific journey to Laugh Tale than anyone who wasn’t on the Oro Jackson, but I strongly doubt she knows much more than that.

I would love if Carrot and Yamato joined. But if Yamato is a ancient mammal like a tiger I don't think we will get Carrot. If Yamato is a dinosaur or dragon I think Carrot is still possible.

I could see Luffy gaining 1 member of every fraction making him achieve Zebecs goal of being King of the world (although in a carefree way)

Bounty Hunter - Zoro
Royalty - Sanji
Shichibukai - Jinbei
Revolutionary - Robin
Pirate - Brook
Citizen - Usopp

Marine - Smoker (?)
Yonko crewmate - Marco (?), Yamato (?)
Cipher Pol -
Celestial Dragon -

Last edited:
Yamato having read Oden's journal is indeed a problem. Luffy didn't want to hear a single word from Rayleigh, let aside having someone with a comparable knowledge to him about the end of the journey and laugh tale as a crewmate.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yamato having read Oden's journal is indeed a problem. Luffy didn't want to hear a single word from Rayleigh, let aside having someone with a comparable knowledge to him about the end of the journey and laugh tale as a crewmate.
On the same damn page, y’all truly never learn…

I’ll add this much - a lot of what we saw in Oden’s flashback (and therefore a lot of what’s in his logbook) was just Roger’s crew traveling to several locations ***that Luffy has already visited***
How does Yamato reading about the Pirate King visiting Fishman Island and Skypiea mean she knows too much??? The Straw Hats’ journey was already “spoiled” in Zou when they learned about Road Poneglyphs, something they wouldn’t have discovered until reaching the end of the Grand Line, so this argument against Yamato was invalidated several arcs before her introduction.

I’ll add this much - a lot of what we saw in Oden’s flashback (and therefore a lot of what’s in his logbook) was just Roger’s crew traveling to several locations ***that Luffy has already visited***
How does Yamato reading about the Pirate King visiting Fishman Island and Skypiea mean she knows too much??? The Straw Hats’ journey was already “spoiled” in Zou when they learned about Road Poneglyphs, something they wouldn’t have discovered until reaching the end of the Grand Line, so this argument against Yamato was invalidated several arcs before her introduction.
Plus lady toki did rip up some page oden journal there is that to. Yamato wouldn't be asking to join luffy if she did.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Plus lady toki did rip up some page oden journal there is that to. Yamato wouldn't be asking to join luffy if she did.
Just getting tired of people acting like the logbook is chock full of the most valuable information in the OP world instead of just being a dude’s diary…like, come on, even the Log Pose for Laugh Tale is non-canon, nobody is gonna become Pirate King on the basis of one of their subordinates reading a journal about Roger’s trip to the final island.

The logbook containing the actual story that's in laugh tale is horrible writing. i like to shit on Oda but I expect the man to know better

I don’t see Luffy ever recruiting a Celestial Dragon.

Other than Mysogard, most of them were always shown as irredeemable shitty nobles that see themselves as above everyone. Doubt we may see more reformed nobles like him.

Man your points are no sense. In which way the fact that Oden visited many islands that straw hats already visited invalidates the fact that he has also been in Laugh Tale and knows how it is the end of the grand line?

Status
Not open for further replies.