Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking about role. Yamato was imprisoned in onigashima for 20 years. That means she may not know any technical skills on ship. But I find it ridiculous that her name comes from battleship name reference because she may not has technical skill. I think she is brawl-type person maybe because she was trained to be strong by the WSC. So a role that need strong person may fit for her

we know that kaido have high hope for yamato to become shogun of wano. I guess kaido makes her learned something like a leadership. So be it. Yamato role will be strong shogun
:saden:
:saden:
What I really mean in here is
Army commander or maybe like grandfleet commander. It will be useful for final war that include so many people. Like I said she maybe learned something about leadership or commanding

Another possible role is a cannoner. Her attack does not feel like a slash but more like a shotgun. I think she would cover more distance target bcs her attack is based on arrow (long range).

A shogun (army commander) that doing shotgun :leohah:

My prediction is yamato's role either will be cannoner or maybe fleet commander
Yamato is not interested in taking over father organization. SHe shown very impulsive and Impatient so chances are she isn't going to stay wano

With Yamato as chronicler would it perhaps be similar to the Old testament and New testament?

Old testament will focus on history and creation of crew and journey. Based on interviews with Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji about East Blue, Chopper, Robin will fill in on early paradise and Skypiea before Franky makes statement son Enies Lobby and Brook on the battle against Moria.

Jinbei can add a little about Fishman Island and WCI before we start to get Yamatos voice from Wano and the rest of the journey (New Testament) with a particular focus on Luffy (Jesus) himself. This way it would similar to the holy texts become rather clear that depending on who is being interviewed the story could be rather of fact accurate (Robin, Nami), silly (Luffy), imaginative (Sanji, Brook) or something else.

She needs to wary of Usopp though, it could easily turn into all kinds of extraordinary events making it hard to separate facts from fiction.

:usoprice:

With this Chapter. Yamato is on her way to joining. No she isn't gonna die, no she isn't gonna be a retainer, no she's not gonna be a fleet commander, the journal isn't stopping her, and no Luffy isn't gonna refuse her.

With this proclamation, she is inevitab a Strawhat already, no if, ands or buts about it.

The signs were obvious and will continue to be obvious. So go ahead and use whatever excuse you want against her... She's going to be the final member of the Strawhats!

Nami's new power up spells more bad news for Yamao's chances.

She now has a club, just like Yamao. Except that Nami's is infinitely more unique as it is sentient, can change shape and can also be used for all her other tempo attacks. Once again highlights how special straw hats' weapons/fighting styles are and that Yamao's just can't compete.

If Oda was gonna have a club user join the crew then he likely would've given the weapon any of the 3 special characteristics that Nami's weapon now has, instead of simply leaving it as a generic fodder weapon.

She now has a club, just like Yamao. Except that Nami's is infinitely more unique as it is sentient, can change shape and can also be used for all her other tempo attacks. Once again highlights how special straw hats' weapons/fighting styles are and that Yamao's just can't compete.

If Oda was gonna have a club user join the crew then he likely would've given the weapon any of the 3 special characteristics that Nami's weapon now has, instead of simply leaving it as a generic fodder weapon.
Nami literally has 0 physical power. That club might aswell be back masage for anyone serious

Oh come on dude seriously you’re just grasping at straws right now. Yamato is doing something very important and significant for this straw hats overall survival versus your girl Carrot who basically laying on ground is becoming less relevant as chapters go on.

Last edited:
I just realized that ZKK is incompatible with Yamato joining the crew. Imagine the scene "We killed your father. Join our crew!". Yes,she hates him,but how much? I mean,she knows he is a villain,but he is still her father,it would be...awkward? I dont know. Also,in this chapter she talks about "kicking him out of Wano" and not about "killing him" or "Luffy killing him".

Jinbe uses his fists, I guess that makes Luffy useless

Extreme coping happening here.
Rather ironic post considering your counter argument, lmao.

Jinbe uses fishman karate, the manipulation of water in the body and uses sumo throws and grabs. A unique fighting style. Luffy uses his rubber body to stretch and build up force. Although they both use fists, everyone knows that these are different fighting styles.

Yamao uses her club to swing and hit. Unlike the case with Jinbe and Luffy, there's truly nothing more we can say about Yamao's fighting style since no distinction has been made to highlight why it is special. As opposed to say with Zoro and Brook being power vs speed swordsmen.

Nami now uses her weapon in the exact same way as Yamao, except she can also do countless other things on top.

Guess Oda decided the face alone wasn't enough of a similarity. Oda had to give Nami Yamao's weapon too. Oni Nami through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.