Who has the best Hybrid Form so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean:

- Literally fights Kid and tears his arm off (or someone in his crew did)

- Lucky Roo shot someone in the head in chapter 1

- Openly discusses matters with genocidal power-hungry, purveyors of "peace"

- Displays an extreme amount of competitive presence anytime Luffys name is mentioned or stated. Luffy has stated that he wants to physically beat Shanks

- Is framed after a Yakuza boss. Since Chapter 1, has been called "Kashira", which is Boss, not "Taisho", or Captain. Oda even went out of his way to make sure his intro box says "Pirate Boss" in Japanese. Pretty sure early ViZ (not current) fucked this up.

- His bounty references Oicho-Kabu, a famous game played by Yakuza

- Makes extreme bets he can't afford to lose. Instead of a pinky, he bets an arm.

There is a definite reason people feel that Shanks isnt exactly "good" guys. It's not a jump to a random conclusion, it's just like many other theories in this story that are based on hints Oda has layed down in the past. There is more reason to believe he's not exactly who he seems than not at this point.

He is by far the biggest enigma in this series for a reason. If he was 100% a good person, Oda wouldn't have made him so enigmatic. He wouldn't have made him meet the Gorosei so you, the reader, could question his motives without a reason.
yes but that's real life logic not story logic
with real life logic

Ace is a murderer who killed +1000 people
Akainu is a marine who did he job on marineford

no one got mad at Ace when he killed 100s of people in flames to merely open way for Luffy
but everyone hate Akainu for killing 2 criminals

Shanks isn't a good character with real life logic but he don't have a real dark side within the story
I hope Oda change this
but with new screen time
not fucking up what we saw already

Not necessarily evil but someone who'll go to extreme lengths to maintain the balance of the world.
yeah like, to me, shanks has to be a villain in some way, luffy actually taking down the yonko is important because he said he wanted to do it, but hes got to be some kind of take on it that feels right, and he cant just be like, secretly evil or wanting to destroy the world or control it or start big wars or whatever, if he had those big grandiose villain plans it would be weird and unsatisfying and not make any sense.

so i think its going to be all about luffy himself, like he genuinely wants luffy to be joyboy or whatever and is going to absolutely insane lengths to make this happen and trying to nudge luffy's life in the right directions from the background and only stepping in when its absolutely necessary like in marineford

and luffy is like... not into that shit. he would be really mad about that if he ever found out. i dont even think he knows shanks was there. i think it could turn into something actually violent if it goes this way because shanks would probably feel similarly angry, like you're seriously ungrateful for all of this? you'd be dead if it wasnt for me. etc etc. could be a very painful emotional thing.

I mean:

- Literally fights Kid and tears his arm off (or someone in his crew did)

- Lucky Roo shot someone in the head in chapter 1

- Openly discusses matters with genocidal power-hungry, purveyors of "peace"

- Displays an extreme amount of competitive presence anytime Luffys name is mentioned or stated. Luffy has stated that he wants to physically beat Shanks

- Is framed after a Yakuza boss. Since Chapter 1, has been called "Kashira", which is Boss, not "Taisho", or Captain. Oda even went out of his way to make sure his intro box says "Pirate Boss" in Japanese. Pretty sure early ViZ (not current) fucked this up.

- His bounty references Oicho-Kabu, a famous game played by Yakuza

- Makes extreme bets he can't afford to lose. Instead of a pinky, he bets an arm.

There is a definite reason people feel that Shanks isnt exactly "good" guys. It's not a jump to a random conclusion, it's just like many other theories in this story that are based on hints Oda has layed down in the past. There is more reason to believe he's not exactly who he seems than not at this point.

He is by far the biggest enigma in this series for a reason. If he was 100% a good person, Oda wouldn't have made him so enigmatic. He wouldn't have made him meet the Gorosei so you, the reader, could question his motives without a reason.
Also, Luffy is already at war with Shanks. He just doesn't know it yet.

They were mindless beasts, we have yet to see real contrôled Zoan awakening
I doubt zoan awakenings can truly be controles except human and maybe mythicals, probably because of the fact that their animal instincts kick moreso in their awakening taking over the human side of the user. While for Mythical zoans Oda can easily make the excuse they are more intelligent creatures and all that.

with real life logic

no one got mad at Ace when he killed 100s of people in flames to merely open way for Luffy

Shanks isn't a good character with real life logic but he don't have a real dark side within the story
I hope Oda change this
but with new screen time

No, I really hate when people say this. Ace did not kill any marine who was chasing Luffy. Ace attacked the people who had the intent to kill him and Luffy.

Kill? Get ready to be killed.

Akainu wanted to kill Ace because of his dad. Ace could have done nothing at all and Akainu would have killed him. The Whitebeard pirates are explicitly 'good' pirates that are more like the Avengers than anything. Ace's novel goes into it a lot more. Heck, we see Ace coming to Wano to rescue kidnapped children ffs.

No Ace slander

with real life logic

I hope Oda change this
but with new screen time
Yeah, I don't think Shanks will be Potrayed as being Morally Black, but just like a lot of One Piece allies who would be judged differently if they weren't friends with Luffy, Shanks isn't gonna look like John Cena once we get to know him

I wouldn't be that surprised if the Kidd and Shanks flashback Potrays Shanks as going too far instead of making it seem like Kidd had it coming as many fans think

Status
Not open for further replies.