Status
Not open for further replies.
Editors: So Oda-sensei, in addition to Who's Who's vs Jinbei this chap, what else should we include?
Oda: Not to worry, I've already decided ;)
Editors: Kaido vs Yamato? Big Mom vs Kid and Law? King finally doing something? Queen showing off his hybrid form? Or maybe we could actually show more than one panel of Robin and Brook vs Black Maria?
Oda: lEt'S hAvE tAmA's GrOuP rUn AwAy FoR tHe 10th ChApTeR iN a RoW xDxD
It's times like these when Oda brings out the inner Charlotte Sky out of all of us :okay:
Lol,

All of us have been infected by Charlotte Sky virus :kayneshrug:

Peak OP can't even dream of sniffing the greatness that was the Coalition War

@Red Admiral can confirm
no man ... I won't ....
Kingdom might be my 2nd favorite manga now ... it's great and interesting as fuck

and
I can say in terms of characters, Kingdom have better quality while one piece have more interesting characters... it's a close call

but

in terms of plot Kingdom can't hold a candle in front of one piece. it's almost unfair to even compare them. one piece plot is a complex multi level shit.
comparing a fantasy plot to a historical plot is unfair

not to mention the massive god tier world building that one piece have just makes it next level ...
don't judge one piece base on wano

For the breaks, to explain them to anyone that want to know the reasons :

• The first break of the Jump is because of the Olympics. It happened last year as well (even with them cancelled)
  • The second one is the classic break of Summer for Obon.
As for why Oda is taking a break now it's to avoid 2 breaks back to back and so fans can at least have 1 chapter every 2 weeks.“

if y’all wonder why
If only Oda was this considerate before writing another fucking Tama chapter

Will never get over the fact that I’m some random office drone and I get fewer breaks from my meaningless job than the author of one of the greatest mangas ever created…I don’t have millions of people hanging on my every word like he does, but he gets his own breaks AND the magazine’s off weeks. I get that he does more intense work than I do, but he’s also been doing it for almost 25 years, don’t tell me his body hasn’t adapted to the rigors of the job and he still needs to be handled like a fucking Faberge egg.
Oder sux
Real oda died 2007

Will never get over the fact that I’m some random office drone and I get fewer breaks from my meaningless job than the author of one of the greatest mangas ever created…I don’t have millions of people hanging on my every word like he does, but he gets his own breaks AND the magazine’s off weeks. I get that he does more intense work than I do, but he’s also been doing it for almost 25 years, don’t tell me his body hasn’t adapted to the rigors of the job and he still needs to be handled like a fucking Faberge egg.
Kubo got violently ill near the end of Bleach to where he will not do a weekly series ever again, Kishimoto won't do the art ever again for a weekly series, Gege is on a month+ (potentially longer break as just Gege has said he wants a month break) even though he is relatively new, etc.

Weekly Schedules are painful and your body doesn't really adapt, its just really luck that people have been able to do this for so long but its damaging to your health, there is a reason the comic industry is beweekly to monthly.

Don't forget even Miura died not to long ago so no company is gonna take a chance and let one of there stars die working.

pretty much most people work to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.