Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on a point where yo have a clear Mugi like Carrot, and still want more cool and badass characters....
Like Yamato, Kidd, Law...

So then you start hating carrot, and building expectations about what the character has to do to be considered as Nakamas for you, and that doesn't work like that.

Does Carrot feels like a Mugi?
Yes, then she most likely will be Mugi.
Luffy himself considers her as part of his crew, and the anime+the manga putted her as a Mugi before the raid .

And with this post I won't be talking about Yamato chances, I don't really care hls chaces at this point...
Post automatically merged:

The funny thing is Law has a better argument than “she’s a female/the straw hats need a token mink!”
Yeah ofc, because being a Captain and having his own crew doesn't mean anything for you... it's just a secondary thing... literally nothing...

Instead of having multiple characters having their own adventure, you want all the cool characters on the crew, that's shitty writing.
Post automatically merged:

Kinemon is like Carrot, it does feels as a Nakama, But Kinemon Can't be a Nakama, because the character is already linked and chained to Wano (If it's alive).
Law has his own chains and his own life

We're on a point where yo have a clear Mugi like Carrot, and still want more cool and badass characters....
Like Yamato, Kidd, Law...

So then you start hating carrot, and building expectations about what the character has to do to be considered as Nakamas for you, and that doesn't work like that.

Does Carrot feels like a Mugi?
Yes, then she most likely will be Mugi.
Luffy himself considers her as part of his crew, and the anime+the manga putted her as a Mugi before the raid .

And with this post I won't be talking about Yamato chances, I don't really care hls chaces at this point...
In a way you could make the point that the argument shouldn't even really be questioning whether Carrot will join. She basically already has unofficially when she joined the WCI group. We don't need to wonder whether Carrot will sail away with the straw hats. Been there, done that. We need to ask, "For what reason would Carrot want to leave?"

She may not be a straw hat, but she IS a part of their adventure. And not just as a friendly island resident, but as an actual travel companion. She literally slotted into the place of a straw hat during her time with them. Carrot's adventure with the straw hats began long ago.

It's as Oden said:

"I simply don't know how to end an adventure once it's begun!" It simply makes no logical sense for Carrot to just decide to leave the crew's adventure when she knows it's only gonna get bigger and better from here.
People bang on about Yamao wanting to sail, but she's a total rando to the crew. They don't know her and have nothing to do with her. She's a fully grown 28 year old and able to lead herself and have her own adventure if need be. Meanwhile Carrot's their actual friend and essentially already a part of their family.
There's no good reason for her to continue her adventure with anyone but the straw hats or to just decide "you know what, I've had enough adventure for today. Back to Zou I go."

In a way you could make the point that the argument shouldn't even really be questioning whether Carrot will join. She basically already has unofficially when she joined the WCI group. We don't need to wonder whether Carrot will sail away with the straw hats. Been there, done that. We need to ask, "For what reason would Carrot want to leave?"

She may not be a straw hat, but she IS a part of their adventure. And not just as a friendly island resident, but as an actual travel companion. She literally slotted into the place of a straw hat during her time with them. Carrot's adventure with the straw hats began long ago.

It's as Oden said:

"I simply don't know how to end an adventure once it's begun!" It simply makes no logical sense for Carrot to just decide to leave the crew's adventure when she knows it's only gonna get bigger and better from here.
People bang on about Yamao wanting to sail, but she's a total rando to the crew. They don't know her and have nothing to do with her. She's a fully grown 28 year old and able to lead herself and have her own adventure if need be. Meanwhile Carrot's their actual friend and essentially already a part of their family.
There's no good reason for her to continue her adventure with anyone but the straw hats or to just decide "you know what, I've had enough adventure for today. Back to Zou I go."
You know, the first 49 times you made the argument that Yamato won't join because the crew doesn't know her well enough I didn't agree, but the 50th once convinced me.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
You know, the first 49 times you made the argument that Yamato won't join because the crew doesn't know her well enough I didn't agree, but the 50th once convinced me.
You can't deny the fact the crew members don't know her. If she wants to join they need to know her. And introducing Yamato to the crew only at the end of the arc would be deceiving.

You can't deny the fact the crew members don't know her. If she wants to join they need to know her. And introducing Yamato to the crew only at the end of the arc would be deceiving.
Well she's clearly about to bond with Luffy. The arc isn't over yet. Plenty of time for her to meet the others. My point is that it's the same argument he used over and over again already. He's not going to convince Yamato fans all of a sudden by saying the same thing again.

Yeah ofc, because being a Captain and having his own crew doesn't mean anything for you... it's just a secondary thing... literally nothing...
Because this stopped Jinbe, Franky and "Usopp" right?

Funny how whenever I bring Law into this argument the argument turns to "he is this and that"(mostly things that didn't stop former candidates) but when it comes to Carrot is the fact that she lacks stuff. You'd think you guys would figure it out.

Instead of having multiple characters having their own adventure, you want all the cool characters on the crew, that's shitty writing.
It's only shitty writing when it comes to Law and not Carrot right?

Anyways Law is not Kid nor Bege, he is written as Luffy's support not his rival. I would want him to get his own adventure but Oda makes it clear even in artwork that Law will be tied to Luffy until EOS. It is no coincidence he gave Law a dream that requires the Straw Hat's

Because this stopped Jinbe, Franky and "Usopp" right?

Funny how whenever I bring Law into this argument the argument turns to "he is this and that"(mostly things that didn't stop former candidates) but when it comes to Carrot is the fact that she lacks stuff. You'd think you guys would figure it out.

It's only shitty writing when it comes to Law and not Carrot right?

Anyways Law is not Kid nor Bege, he is written as Luffy's support not his rival. I would want him to get his own adventure but Oda makes it clear even in artwork that Law will be tied to Luffy until EOS. It is no coincidence he gave Law a dream that requires the Straw Hat's
What about law being represented as an equal of luffy with kid and him fighting big mom right now

What about law being represented as an equal of luffy with kid and him fighting big mom right now
Law is not being portrayed as equal to Luffy. Luffy is by far way stronger than him, to the point that his abilities shock Law the same way Roger's used to shock Oden.

And I'll argue Oda made sure to make Zoro look more impressive in the rooftop to establish him as stronger than Law. Anyways strength didn't stop Jinbe from joining either.

I mean here we are again, arguing what he "has", but when it comes to other characters we argue what they lack.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Sanji joined the crew and he only meet Nami once when it happened. A comedy scene too. Hell, Luffy doesn't know the backstory of Nami cause he straight up said he doesn't care. Robin joined the crew and they flat out thoguht it was a bad idea as she was an enemy.

Saying the SHs don't know Yamato so she can't join doesn't work. Especially considering she bonded with Luffy over Ace and he trusts her with protecting Momo.

The other strawhats don't matter at all when it comes to joining the crew.

Whats most important is there connection and bond with Luffy as thats whats most important when it comes to joining the crew.
Robin is the perfect example of this. None of the Straw Hats had a meaningful interaction with her nor trusted her. At the end of the day Luffy is the captain and the MC, the story has to go through him

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Well she's clearly about to bond with Luffy. The arc isn't over yet. Plenty of time for her to meet the others. My point is that it's the same argument he used over and over again already. He's not going to convince Yamato fans all of a sudden by saying the same thing again.
It makes a few months now that a lot of people here use the same arguments. If it was not the case there will be only 100 pages.

It’s very ironic when a toxic, irrational Carrot fan stated that Yamato fans are horny simps & trans activists while Carrot fans are definitely furry freaks & copium addicts.

literally Carrot fans right now:

Every Carrot fans are furries? If it's really what you think you probably are brainless...

It's as Oden said:

Well thanks, that are actually good arguments XDXD
And no baiting XDXD
ANd yeah, i agree with you XDXD

If the story of carrot end up like that i will not consider oda a good author the build up has to payoff.
He would be a worse author if his method of building Carrot up to being a Strawhat was to mostly ignore her.

Shinobu has been more relevant than Carrot has on Wano. Shinobu. Who isn’t even one of the Scabbards.

Like Yamato or loathe her, Oda is trying very much to sell her to the fans, by doing the simple, most basic thing required- actually give the character screen time.
Her character has been written so differently from other characters, she was a lot of the time represent like a straw hat
There really isn’t anything all that special about how Carrot has written.

Carrot is just a lesser version of Vivi, Law, Kine’mon and Momo. Characters who have sailed with and bonded with the Strawhats over multiple islands. She’s more important than others like Kanjuro (arguably, he’s had more of an effect on the plot but less of an impact on the Strawhats), Raizo or Johnny and Yosaku, but a good step behind the main four that I’ve mentioned in relevance.

But when it comes to flashback, connection with Luffy, role in the story, she is drastically behind the four guys I first mentioned.
The story tell us that she will have her moment to shine if she does not then the story is not consistent.
Her moment to shine was on WCI where she did exactly what Pedro told her to do and ensured that the Strawhats were able to sail on. And her story with Perospero isn’t done just yet, but will be soon. That’s about the extent of what is expected from Carrot, based on how (un)important she has been.

Does she need to find out why the Strawhats are important? Sure. Is that a reason for her to become one? No. The Scabbards know as much as Pedro did. They aren’t joining. Yamato knows even more, and she actually is going to go sailing with the crew. Carrot’s redundant. She was always overshadowed in this Dawn plot by Momo and Kine’mon, and now Yamato has came storming in as well.

That my problem with people that often woth people who say carrot eat grass and she will stay a background character because they don't care about having a good story they just do not want a character they do not like to appear more often.
Well, she could hardly appear any less often.

Status
Not open for further replies.