Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Brook got a massive doublespread, a full chapter then devoted to him and his personality, we had the mystery built up over his missing shadow and the man who took it. Him joining was immediately obvious

The zombie tree got like one joke panel.
Again, this didn’t stop people second guessing back then with how they perceived Oda laying things out. What we think in hindsight is irrelevant.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
A red herring would be introducing a character and giving her nothing to do for five years before suddenly catapulting her to prominence out of nowhere, or playing up her skills when literally every single one of her abilities (or the characteristic that supposedly makes her worthy of joining the crew) can be negated by covering her eyes, THAT would be a misdirection. Wonder if anyone in this thread knows a little bit about going off on the wrong path, then vehemently racing further and further away from the right one? That sound like anyone y’all know? :choppawhat:

The straw hats don’t need big power houses. Luffy doesn’t care about strength when having someone join he just cares if they’ll be fun to adventure with.

There are already characters reintroduced into the story who’ve gotten significant power ups and character developments which is why people legit think Bellamy and Vivi are good candidates to join.

The monster trio is the crews power, the rest of the straw hats being TR to low commander level EOS is fine because I doubt even Rogers crew was full of commander level fighters.
That is applicable before timeskip but not now...

The original BB Pirates crew is formidable enough.. now they also have level 6 ID prisoner within their crew which handpicked directly among top fighter kept in the prison.
Even so, they’re not all going to be King or Queen level. The strongest person in impel down was Magellan followed by Shiryu who at the time I wouldn’t put above people like Marco. I doubt the level six prisoners got any stronger in the timeskip So I still think they’re all about mid commander to high tobi roppo level.

Even so, they’re not all going to be King or Queen level. The strongest person in impel down was Magellan followed by Shiryu who at the time I wouldn’t put above people like Marco. I doubt the level six prisoners got any stronger in the timeskip So I still think they’re all about mid commander to high tobi roppo level.
which make it the people like carrot unlikely had a chance to engage them. Even the W3 of SH actually already gaining powerup for their fighting growth

which make it the people like carrot unlikely had a chance to engage them. Even the W3 of SH actually already gaining powerup for their fighting growth
I personally doubt carrot will join, but I feel like if weaker people do join they’ll also get power ups to keep up.

For example I’m a big fan of the theory that Vivi will join back. I can see a very simple power up by making Vivi the lookout. her first shot back Oda put her looking out over the sea on a crows nest and since Alabasta knows how to pass on fruits I can see Pell giving her his falcon fruit giving her fantastic eyesight and flight Plus it’d work with her peacock fighting style. Would this make her a massive threat in the new world? Not really but it would make her a potential for fighting the lower levels with robin and brook

In comparison Momo and Tama? Carrot I prefer her more without question. For me Yamato I like her a lot more than all 3 of them.
Yeah you're right, but imagine if Carrot end up joining she would be useless like them on the Sunny, jumping around being cheerful, copying other Strawhats reaction cause she has no of her own, some garchuu crap, oh this is a wonderland crap. She would still be in the background saying wow Chobro you're awesome, only reactionary stuff, or wow Nami your dress is so beautiful..

When has Carrot ever been cool like this in any speudo fight she had?

That and in her introduction, that's it, else she's shown with Nami and Chopper afraid or some boring comedic response.

Its a tough call, between Momo and Tama being useless and Carrot being a moving cardboard..

Yeah you're right, but imagine if Carrot end up joining she would be useless like them on the Sunny, jumping around being cheerful, copying other Strawhats reaction cause she has no of her own, some garchuu crap, oh this is a wonderland crap. She would still be in the background saying wow Chobro you're awesome, only reactionary stuff, or wow Nami your dress is so beautiful..

When has Carrot ever been cool like this in any speudo fight she had?

That and in her introduction, that's it, else she's shown with Nami and Chopper afraid or some boring comedic response.

Its a tough call, between Momo and Tama being useless and Carrot being a moving cardboard..
I cannot disagree with that. Honestly Carrot is far weaker than people give her credit for. Sure she has her suslong transformation. However, that last for less 3 minutes and taxing on her body. As well it only happens when moon is full. If the moon cover in the sky it would make harder for her transform. Seeing something big and scary she would have a similar reaction ussop and chopper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.