Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I called you a hypocrite Seung-hun ssi. In that thread you repeatedly emphasize that you're not Carrot hater while always bringing Carrot in every answer. However here you act like a one. I think this is the first time I called out someone. I maybe have done it in some way tho.

I maybe dislike Yamato but as long as I remember I never insult her or even the fans. The least I said in one of my latest post that I've already seen her joining and just demanded a role cuz Chronicle is too forced in the end of journey and Apprentice is just for younger people. I even suggest he being the masonry of the crew far in the past before this forum became too hot.
The worst I've said he'll stay in Wano.

if we wanted to be fair, it's Yamato fans are the first one called Carrot fans "furry". Even dizzy actually never insulted someone, it's my first time seeing it and honestly, I'm shocked.

SUMMARY

(Case 1: conversation)

Op: "this is my theory: from COLOR PERSPECTIVE" (he brought other name like Smoker, Caribou, Marguerite, Kuma, Kinemon, Tama, Hiyori, Pudding, Bellamy, Ginrummy)

Jo: I think Yamato "bla bla bla" and Yamato will change her name to Oden and Carrot shouldn't "bla bla bla" (Carrot first)

Op: Based on my theory, it's clear that ..... Carrot is orange, Monet is green and Yamato "could be" Purple. (he's clearly not Carrot fan, he has his own agenda which I kinda agree cuz i'm also huge fan of Monet)

Jo: I'm not Carrot hater but "bla bla bla" and No, Yamato is orange, Monet is green. (Carrot again, hey girl you should answer for Yamato and try not to bring Carrot in every post)

Op: what role do you think Yamato would be? and who do you think would be purple? (I'm sure the op aready seen the weirdness in Jo's answer)

Jo: I think he will become "strategist commander" and if Carrot could do something, Yamato also could do that. BTW I'm not Carrot hater, it's just "bla bla bla". Idk who will be purple, but I think Yamato would be Orange or Purple (WTFF girl, at least be consistent) and another male recruit would be orange (HUH??? at least be consistent +2) In addiition Jinbe is sea, Yamato is land, Monet is sky (Luffy is AVATAR)
(Come on Carrot again/ He didn't even bring Carrot in his question. Yamato is "Female Luffy" and become strategist commander?? You're smarter than that, I don't want discuss that part tho)

:choppawhat:)

:hihihi:
"Dizzy never insulted someone" lmao:milaugh: You must not come here often

I'll try to explain it...
Oda is just trying to hide the fact about Yamato being a character with the exclusive use of defeating Kaido...So to do not make us feel like the character is just for this, he has created a 2 alternative plots for the character...
1- is the plot of "i'm Oden", this plot it's just the progress line of the character to NOT sail with the Mugis, having a character progression.
2- Is the plot of "I'll sail with the Mugis" it's fully linked to the diary and the Oden role that she think that has to live...

These 2 Plotlines thogether are a smoke-screen(Or wall idk how to say it XD) for the fans to hide the real use of Yamato. She/He'll one of the main reasons of Kaido's defeat. When you think on Yamato, you think on a Strawhat Candidate because it's one of the firsts things we saw her saying, she wanted to go with the Mugis because she couldn't sail with Ace XD
That was a smoke-screen to do not make us realize the real narrative use of Yamato.
Yamato is in Fact a Lola 2.0, and at the end or the Arc she will have her own Adventure...
At least IMO ofc.
Dude im not saying yamato is too obvious im saying that yamato is the only candidate is too obvious. I think both yamato and carrot will join

I'll try to explain it...
Oda is just trying to hide the fact about Yamato being a character with the exclusive use of defeating Kaido...So to do not make us feel like the character is just for this, he has created a 2 alternative plots for the character...
1- is the plot of "i'm Oden", this plot it's just the progress line of the character to NOT sail with the Mugis, having a character progression.
2- Is the plot of "I'll sail with the Mugis" it's fully linked to the diary and the Oden role that she think that has to live...

These 2 Plotlines thogether are a smoke-screen(Or wall idk how to say it XD) for the fans to hide the real use of Yamato. She/He'll one of the main reasons of Kaido's defeat. When you think on Yamato, you think on a Strawhat Candidate because it's one of the firsts things we saw her saying, she wanted to go with the Mugis because she couldn't sail with Ace XD
That was a smoke-screen to do not make us realize the real narrative use of Yamato.
Yamato is in Fact a Lola 2.0, and at the end or the Arc she will have her own Adventure...
At least IMO ofc.
So basically Yamato is a red herring?
That could be the case, but that doesn’t mean Carrot should join instead. For all we know Vivi could reappear and join the crew permanently

So basically Yamato is a red herring?
That could be the case, but that doesn’t mean Carrot should join instead. For all we know Vivi could reappear and join the crew permanently
No, it doesn't mean anything about Carrot... I think she'll join for other reasons, but in this case i think i was just talking about Yamato alone XD
I don't really want to mix both candidatures XD

I love how Yamato is such an obvious candidate that the argument has become that she's too obvious and must be a red herring for Carrot:milaugh: That's fantastic writing. Make an entire storyarc revolve around the character that's not going to join and relegate the character that is going to join to the background for the sake of this "surprise":milaugh: Have you considered that Yamato might be an obvious candidate just because she's going to actually join? Kind of like how nearly every other Strawhat was blatantly obvious:milaugh:

I love how Yamato is such an obvious candidate that the argument has become that she's too obvious and must be a red herring for Carrot:milaugh: That's fantastic writing. Make an entire storyarc revolve around the character that's not going to join and relegate the character that is going to join to the background for the sake of this "surprise":milaugh: Have you considered that Yamato might be an obvious candidate just because she's going to actually join? Kind of like how nearly every other Strawhat was blatantly obvious:milaugh:
The arguments against Brook were like this x1000

”It’s a trick!”
“Too obvious!”
“Has to be a red herring!”

Naw guys, it really is just as simple as being made out.

The ''playing on expectations for surprise'' argument would become a cyclical meme where no one could join if it applied to Yamato since that argument actually kills Carrot as the original ''makes sense'' character with Yamato introduced as the actual surprise recruit, basically Vivi=Carrot and Robin=Yamato.

Remember 1 thing about female crews of Straw Hats: both Nami & Robin were part of the villains. During introduction, Nami offered partnership to Luffy only to use him. Robin was Baroque Works’ Vice President & Crocodile’s partner. Their tragic backstory as children forcing them to work for the villain to survive.

Vivi had had a luxury life as a princess when she was a child. Her tragic backstory was when Crocodile infiltrated Alabasta to be its ruler, she was pretending to be a Baroque Works member, yet she is just an honorary Straw Hat. Carrot hasn’t been shown to have tragic backstory, the only backstory she has was the one where Pedro gave her the gauntlet and it’s not even a sad one. Pedro’s death is in present time, therefore it doesn’t count because we haven’t seen Carrot’s much younger past to show if she has tragic backstory or not. Even at this point Hancock has more potential to be a Straw Hat thinking about Hancock’s tragic past.

Yamato’s tragic backstory was that her own father killed the official ruler of a country, which is her idol figure. Since then she has been locked down in Onigashima for 20 years with explosive shackles & she is forced to survive because Kaido wanted her to be the shogun of Wano and the explosive shackles are for the purpose she wouldn’t try something stupid by trying to leave Onigashima, and tried to betray Kaido multiple times. She is forced by her father to be someone she doesn’t want to be; she wants to be like Oden. It’s like that your parents want you to be a doctor but you want to be a singer.

Last edited:
Remember 1 thing about female crews of Straw Hats: both Nami & Robin were part of the villains. During introduction, Nami offered partnership to Luffy only to use him. Robin was Baroque Works’ Vice President & Crocodile’s partner. Their tragic backstory as children forcing them to work for the villain to survive.

Vivi had had a luxury life as a princess when she was a child. Her tragic backstory was when Crocodile infiltrated Alabasta to be its ruler, she was pretending to be a Baroque Works member, yet she is just an honorary Straw Hat. Carrot hasn’t been shown to have tragic backstory, the only one she has was the one where Pedro gave her the gauntlet and it’s not even a sad one. Pedro’s death is in present time, therefore it doesn’t count because we haven’t seen Carrot’s much younger past to show if she has tragic backstory or not. Even at this point Hancock has more potential to be a Straw Hat thinking about Hancock’s tragic past.

Yamato’s tragic backstory was that her own father killed the official ruler of a country, which is her idol figure. Since then she has been locked down in Onigashima for 20 years with explosive shackles & she is forced to survive because Kaido wanted her to be the shogun of Wano and the explosive shackles are for the purpose she wouldn’t try something stupid by trying to leave Onigashima, and tried to betray Kaido multiple times. She is forced by her father to be someone she doesn’t want to be; she wants to be like Oden. It’s like that your parents want you to be a doctor but you want to be a singer.
Yamato has never been villain.
Since her appearance she has been on our side...
But I get your point, the fact of Yamato being forced to be all her life on the "wrong" side yep

Vivi had had a luxury life as a princess when she was a child. Her tragic backstory was when Crocodile infiltrated Alabasta to be its ruler, she was pretending to be a Baroque Works member, yet she is just an honorary Straw Hat. Carrot hasn’t been shown to have tragic backstory, the only one she has was the one where Pedro gave her the gauntlet and it’s not even a sad one. Pedro’s death is in present time, therefore it doesn’t count because we haven’t seen Carrot’s much younger past to show if she has tragic backstory or not. Even at this point Hancock has more potential to be a Straw Hat thinking about Hancock’s tragic past.

I mean I can’t imagine what happened at the reverie. She’s been with the enemy for her entire life unknowingly… she’s a princess of the world government and so much happened at the reverie regarding her country specifically.

I’m thinking her father and Pell died to get her to safety.

If this is what happened then Nami lost her mother and village to Arlong, Robin lost her mentors and island to the world government, and now Vivi almost lost her country and family to Crocodile and now may have lost them to Imu.

Yamato has never been villain.
Since her appearance she has been on our side...
But I get your point, the fact of Yamato being forced to be all her life on the "wrong" side yep
Yes that’s the point. Like Nami & Robin were forced on the enemy’s side for their survival, but in Yamato’s case she needs to survive because Kaido has his own purpose on her. Nami was never a villain also, but she was forced to work with the villain to save Cocoyashi village. So at this point, the female crews have some part of relation to the main villain; subordinate, partner, or even daughter.
Post automatically merged:

I mean I can’t imagine what happened at the reverie. She’s been with the enemy for her entire life unknowingly… she’s a princess of the world government and so much happened at the reverie regarding her country specifically.

I’m thinking her father and Pell died to get her to safety.

If this is what happened then Nami lost her mother and village to Arlong, Robin lost her mentors and island to the world government, and now Vivi almost lost her country and family to Crocodile and now may have lost them to Imu.
But in Vivi’s case if it happens, it happens in present times, unlike Nami & Robin’s case which happened in the past. And if Cobra indeed dies because of WG, Vivi’s duty to be in her country is much bigger. She needs to replace her father as the sole descendant of Nefertari family of Alabasta.

in Yamato’s case, the real shogun is Momonosuke. Yamato has no obligations to stay in Wano, and she has already stated that she has no interest in ruling Wano.

Last edited:
The arguments against Brook were like this x1000

”It’s a trick!”
“Too obvious!”
“Has to be a red herring!”

Naw guys, it really is just as simple as being made out.
Well of course Oda then had Luffy recruiting just about anything supernatural that moved like the zombie tree and zombie horse, as if to make it less predictable as to who would end up joining despite what he said to Brook.

Status
Not open for further replies.