Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing their master isn’t the struggle, literally every straw hat has had a traumatic moment happen in story. Zoro cried when he lost to Mihawk, Jinbe witnessed Whitebeards death etc
So she does not need backstory why all the straw hats have to be the same. Part of her character is that she naive and never struggle before sailing with luffy. She having a journey to discover the world for what it is.

So she does not need backstory why all the straw hats have to be the same. Part of her character is that she naive and never struggle before sailing with luffy. She having a journey to discover the world for what it is.
No, all the straw hats don’t have to be the same, but a huge part of their character is their backstory. Even bums get their own backstory to establish the reason why they’re that way

the series is in its endgame, you have to be naive if you think Carrot will get massive development on its final arcs. That why backstories are needed, so the writer isn’t pressured to write extra depth into a character

also, it’s not a coincidence that every straw hat has a well throughout backstory, same way is not a coincidence Luffy always suffer a setback in s every arc. It’s part of Oda’s formula and to dismiss it is foolish

No, all the straw hats don’t have to be the same, but a huge part of their character is their backstory. Even bums get their own backstory to establish the reason why they’re that way

the series is in its endgame, you have to be naive if you think Carrot will get massive development on its final arcs. That why backstories are needed, so the writer isn’t pressure to write extra depth into a character
She can still have some devloppement since her character arc is not finish.

She can still have some devloppement since her character arc is not finish.
You do realize all of the straw hats bar Sanji still have a lot of development left right? Even if we were to assume she will get some development she will still be substantially worse off compared to the other straw hats

the straw hats are the main characters, I don’t think it’s crazy to assume they will all have a strong character arc. Backstories are part of that

You do realize all of the straw hats bar Sanji still have a lot of development left right? Even if we were to assume she will get some development she will still be substantially worse off compared to the other straw hats

the straw hats are the main characters, I don’t think it’s crazy to assume they will all have a strong character arc. Backstories are part of that
And what's wrong about it?
Oda loves the 5 firsts members of the crew, and gives them more love than the rest, it wouldn't be strange if Sanji gets more development and plots than Robin, Carrot, Chopper...

Backstories is just a part. Is not the end of the world if there not a backstory.

Backstories is just a part. Is not the end of the world if there not a backstory.
It’s not but I don’t think it’s realistic to think a character with a weak backstory would become a main character
Post automatically merged:

And what's wrong about it?
Oda loves the 5 firsts members of the crew, and gives them more love than the rest, it wouldn't be strange if Sanji gets more development and plots than Robin, Carrot, Chopper...
Robin and Chopper have both had tons of development in the story

The thing is that Carrot was barely Paulie levels of possible nakama before Wano and mostly for lack of better candidates riding along that weren't extremely attached to Wano and the only chance she had was getting real particular focus or development but instead she became Gonbe tier in relevance and Yamato skyrocketed as the obvious pick for most.

In all honesty I’m hoping that the straw hats are going to set sail from wano without Carrot and Vivi will end up being a stow away hiding because of what happened at the reverie. Then we get a short flashback of what happened at the reverie from vivis point of view ending with Sabo taking her to the sunny with the vivre card he has then leaving to meet up with the revs

The thing is that Carrot was barely Paulie levels of possible nakama before Wano and mostly for lack of better candidates riding along that weren't extremely attached to Wano and the only chance she had was getting real particular focus or development but instead she became Gonbe tier in relevance and Yamato skyrocketed as the obvious pick for most.
A bit too obvious for yamato (not saying she won't join). I think Oda playing us right now make us think Yamato is the only candidate. Let think about this, one piece magazine telling us there one place available for the crew just after a super cool character ask to be on the crew. Like they could rectify that way before yamato apparence. Sound sketchy for me.
Post automatically merged:

Also i may be called crazy for saying this but carrot character is all about having her moment if shine. It will defeat the purpose if she was already as important and awesome as the other straw hats and yamato for that matter. I think oda put her in the background so she can surprise her later. Or maybe he is just focused on other stuff

A bit too obvious for yamato (not saying she won't join). I think Oda playing us right now make us think Yamato is the only candidate. Let think about this, one piece magazine telling us there one place available for the crew just after a super cool character ask to be on the crew. Like they could rectify that way before yamato apparence. Sound sketchy for me.
I'll try to explain it...
Oda is just trying to hide the fact about Yamato being a character with the exclusive use of defeating Kaido...So to do not make us feel like the character is just for this, he has created a 2 alternative plots for the character...
1- is the plot of "i'm Oden", this plot it's just the progress line of the character to NOT sail with the Mugis, having a character progression.
2- Is the plot of "I'll sail with the Mugis" it's fully linked to the diary and the Oden role that she think that has to live...

These 2 Plotlines thogether are a smoke-screen(Or wall idk how to say it XD) for the fans to hide the real use of Yamato. She/He'll one of the main reasons of Kaido's defeat. When you think on Yamato, you think on a Strawhat Candidate because it's one of the firsts things we saw her saying, she wanted to go with the Mugis because she couldn't sail with Ace XD
That was a smoke-screen to do not make us realize the real narrative use of Yamato.
Yamato is in Fact a Lola 2.0, and at the end or the Arc she will have her own Adventure...
At least IMO ofc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.