Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the big role of:
Choppah
Chopper's dream is to cure every disease, we know for a fact there is an uncurable disease in the One Piece world IF Luffy catches that disease Chopper saving him would be a monumental moment in One Piece. How can you say that's not a huge role?

I think there's two popular theories, Usopp either dies in a huge sacrifice or leads a huge army against the WG. Again, these are huge roles in the story that is tied to his dream

Build Pluton

Releasing the slaves in Marejois

reuniting with Laboon would probably be a top 5 most emotional moment. How can you question this lol

????
They have and end of their characters plotline, but their great role is to be part of the Mugis while reaching their dreams.
Carrot dream could evolve to se the Dawn with the mugis while living and adventure with them.

That's big enough for a Mugi xDxD
Their roles are not to be part of the Straw Hats, they're part of the Straw Hats because their roles are extremely consequential to the series. Robin for example was never supposed to join, but one can easily see why Oda wrote her in

Chopper's dream is to cure every disease, we know for a fact there is an uncurable disease in the One Piece world IF Luffy catches that disease Chopper saving him would be a monumental moment in One Piece. How can you say that's not a huge role?

I think there's two popular theories, Usopp either dies in a huge sacrifice or leads a huge army against the WG. Again, these are huge roles in the story that is tied to his dream

Build Pluton

Releasing the slaves in Marejois

reuniting with Laboon would probably be a top 5 most emotional moment. How can you question this lol

Their roles are not to be part of the Straw Hats, they're part of the Straw Hats because their roles are extremely consequential to the series. Robin for example was never supposed to join, but one can easily see why Oda wrote her in
Bring the Dawn with the mugis is relevant xDxD

Bring the Dawn with the mugis is relevant xDxD
Bringing the dawn is Pedro's goal, she not once wanted to do that.
Post automatically merged:

I see the disconnect here. Carrot fans think the Straw Hat's are Straw Hats and then given roles in the story. I personally believe the Straw Hats have a huge role in the story, and that's why Oda keeps them together as Straw Hats

Bringing the dawn is Pedro's goal, she not once wanted to do that.
Post automatically merged:

I see the disconnect here. Carrot fans think the Straw Hat's are Straw Hats and then given roles in the story. I personally believe the Straw Hats have a huge role in the story, and that's why Oda keeps them together as Straw Hats
And i will support Yamato at a 100%, if not because she doesn't want to be a Mugi because of a logical reason.
1- She wants to join Luffy because she couldn't set sail with Ace.
2- BEcause he thought Ace was the choosen One, she ignored Luffy until Ace died, so now he want's to sail with Luffy.

That's even worst than whatever you wanna tell me of Carrot.
Both characters have to evolve, Yamato to her own character, and Carrot to her resolution, it could be with the Mugis or With the minks, but IMO it'll be with the Mugis XD
Yamato can take different Paths, but i won't be """mad"" if Oda does it well and she Joins...

I think most of us would accept Carrot joining if she actually had a character arc. Being naive and wanting to go out to the sea isn’t one. The fact that Yamato in just a couple of chapters managed to pay the foundation for one highlights the disservice Oda has done to Carrot

so don’t blame us for not liking her, blame Oda
Yeah, this.

I don’t like throwing around “objectively” because that’s not really true in fiction, someone will always like something.

But in my opinion, if Oda is writing Carrot to be a future Strawhat - which I don’t think he is- then I cannot see how anyone would think he is doing anything other than a piss poor job of it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Here’s a Yamato Jolly Roger I owed someone for a bet. Anyone’s free to use it how they wish:

HQ and Club-Less Versions:

Now’s probably a good time to talk about what I do like about Yamato. While Carrot is still who I’m betting on, I’ll be happy should Yamato be the one.

First, he’s very loyal. He loves what Oden stood for, and is determined to see his dream of opening Wano through. So much so that he’s willing to go against his own father to do it. He lived in constant fear of those cuffs and of his father’s control, but still stuck to his guns about Oden and wanting to sail the seas.

Yamato is also very progressive as a character. He’s opened me to a lot of things I didn’t know so well about the LGBT+ community, and I respect his choice to be a man. Doesn’t matter how he looks or dresses, even if something changes later, I’m still comfortable calling him what he wants to be called.

In terms of strength, Yamato’s hard to beat. Able to withstand rocket launchers, a wicked swing, possible Conqueror’s Haki. And whatever fruit power he has, it’s bound to only add to his formidable skills.

And finally, it’s amazing how dynamically he’s shaken up the story in such a short time. Saying he’s going on Luffy’s ship twice now, that does point to Oda having a solid plan in mind for him. I still have my reservations, but it’s still a major point in Yamato’s favor that Oda chose to spell it out like that. Then there’s how much Yamato has shaken up everything around him, getting Momo to safety, taking on both Ulti and Kaido himself, clearly admiring the Straw Hats and Luffy in particular for what he learned from Ace.

There’s a lot to like about Yamato. I’ll have no problem accepting him into the fold should the time come. Just know that whatever else I may say in our debates to come, I do it with total props to Yamato for being as successful as he is.
Classiest and nicest Carrot fan on the forum, and it isn’t particularly close :cheers:

And i will support Yamato at a 100%, if not because she doesn't want to be a Mugi because of a logical reason.
1- She wants to join Luffy because she couldn't set sail with Ace.
2- BEcause he thought Ace was the choosen One, she ignored Luffy until Ace died, so now he want's to sail with Luffy.

That's even worst than whatever you wanna tell me of Carrot.
Both characters have to evolve, Yamato to her own character, and Carrot to her resolution, it could be with the Mugis or With the minks, but IMO it'll be with the Mugis XD
Yamato can take different Paths, but i won't be """mad"" if Oda does it well and she Joins...
But here’s the difference between the two, Yamato is still in her introduction arc and has already had more development.

All the straw hat's dreams are most likely connected to the One Piece and EoS:

The set up for Carrot's dream being the same is very visible. All it needs is for Oda to follow through on the trails that he's already left.

Just read these panels from Pedro together.

"The straw hats will be the ones to bring the dawn. Keep moving onward. Everyone has their moment to shine. "

It's practically spelt out that Carrot will have a role in helping bring in the dawn, just like her mentor Pedro did. But as is always the case, the students surpass their mentors and predecessors.
Pedro wanted to join the PK crew but he was too young and his role would only come much later. It's therefore Carrot's role as the person whom he passed on his will to for her to take it up and fully achieve the things Pedro longed for.

The dawn is an absolutely huge plot and is awaited by the whole world. We need someone on the crew to represent the dream of seeing the greatest thing upon the horizon, the dawn of a new world and Carrot is the perfect fit. Considering her fascination with seeing the world, her mentor's will and the minks relationship with the dawn and moon.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
All the straw hat's dreams are most likely connected to the One Piece and EoS:

The set up for Carrot's dream being the same is very visible. All it needs is for Oda to follow through on the trails that he's already left.

Just read these panels from Pedro together.

"The straw hats will be the ones to bring the dawn. Keep moving onward. Everyone has their moment to shine. "

It's practically spelt out that Carrot will have a role in helping bring in the dawn, just like her mentor Pedro did. But as is always the case, the students surpass their mentors and predecessors.
Pedro wanted to join the PK crew but he was too young and his role would only come much later. It's therefore Carrot's role as the person whom he passed on his will to for her to take it up and fully achieve the things Pedro longed for.

The dawn is an absolutely huge plot and is awaited by the whole world. We need someone on the crew to represent the dream of seeing the greatest thing upon the horizon, the dawn of a new world and Carrot is the perfect fit. Considering her fascination with seeing the world, her mentor's will and the minks relationship with the dawn and moon.
Momonosuke and Vivi also has their roles for the dawn, more important than Carrot as well. How come Carrot is necessary to join and not them?

Momonosuke and Vivi also has their roles for the dawn, more important than Carrot as well. How come Carrot is necessary to join and not them?
Because Momo wants to Open Wano, not to bring the Dawn.

The Dawn involves the World, while open Wano implies to be able to see the Down. because if Wano is still closed while the Dawn is happening, Wano won't see the Dawn of the World xDxD

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Because Momo wants to Open Wano, not to bring the Dawn.

The Dawn involves the World, while open Wano implies to be able to see the Down. because if Wano is still closed while the Dawn is happening, Sano won't see the Dawn of the World xDxD
What about Vivi? For all the characters we have involved with the Void Century, why is Carrot the standout one, especially considering the argument is that she'll just be extra muscle and nothing else?

What about Vivi? For all the characters we have involved with the Void Century, why is Carrot the standout one, especially considering the argument is that she'll just be extra muscle and nothing else?
Vivi is already a Strawhat LMAO xD
That's why I've never considered it xDxD
Vivi will take her rol in the future, but not now...

The Minks have a pretty background big story for sure in the century void , having a Mink reacting to their story+Vegapunk giving Carrot a big PU with a moonstone+ Kurohigue probably having a Mink on his crew (Because of the Zou RP, someone must tell him there's one in Zou)...
I think they're a lot of possibilities for Carrot on the future xD

A reminder, every single straw hat dream is related to their profession in the crew.

Luffy the captain wants to become PK
Zoro the swordsman wants to be world's strongest
Nami the navigator wants to map the world
Usopp the sniper wants to be the real the sniper king and a brave warrior of the sea
Sanji the cook wants to find the cook's paradise "All Blue"
Chopper the doctor wants to cure every illness
Robin the archeologist wants to find the true history of the world
Franky the shipwright wants to build a dream ship capable of travelling the world
Brook the musician wants to deliver his crew's final performance to his old friend
Jinbe the helmsman wants his people to live on the surface and end discrimination (he'll steer the ship Noah from FMI to the surface at EoS)

And then potentially:

Carrot the lookout wants to see the real wonderland which is the dawn of the new world

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Vivi is already a Strawhat LMAO xD
That's why I've never considered it xDxD
Vivi will take her rol in the future, but not now...

The Minks have a pretty background big story for sure in the century void , having a Mink reacting to their story+Vegapunk giving Carrot a big PU with a moonstone+ Kurohigue probably having a Mink on his crew (Because of the Zou RP, someone must tell him there's one in Zou)...
I think they're a lot of possibilities for Carrot on the future xD
That's the thing; there are no possibilities for Carrot now. Saying she could possibly get more important or relevant has been the weakest argument for a candidate.

As of now, there is no reason for Carrot to join. What Carrot has done so far has been done by plenty of other characters but Carrot is special for some reason. All of the minks are awaiting the dawn and are helping the SHs achieve that, so why does Carrot specifically need to join as simply extra muscle for that to happen?

That's the thing; there are no possibilities for Carrot now. Saying she could possibly get more important or relevant has been the weakest argument for a candidate.

As of now, there is no reason for Carrot to join. What Carrot has done so far has been done by plenty of other characters but Carrot is special for some reason. All of the minks are awaiting the dawn and are helping the SHs achieve that, so why does Carrot specifically need to join as simply extra muscle for that to happen?
Well, same happened with Brook, Chopper, Ussop, Jinbe...
I get your point tho, but idk...

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Well, same happened with Brook, Chopper, Ussop, Jinbe...
I get your point tho, but idk...
It did not with them. Brook, Chopper, Usopp and Jinbe had an entire story arc dedicated to them. We learned their backstories, goals and motivations along with good interactions with Luffy. Even Brook who has the weakest goal on paper contains one of the biggest thematic reasons for traveling with the SHs.

Carrot has gotten nothing like that for 200 chapters.

It did not with them. Brook, Chopper, Usopp and Jinbe had an entire story arc dedicated to them. We learned their backstories, goals and motivations along with good interactions with Luffy. Even Brook who has the weakest goal on paper contains one of the biggest thematic reasons for traveling with the SHs.

Carrot has gotten nothing like that for 200 chapters.
But bro, you can say legitimately that that second court on Whole Cake was kinda focused on Carrot, with Pedro's death, the Sulong, her role as a lookout...
I do already know you don't really like the character (At least as a Mugi) , and it's fine...But she got pretty good moments on Whole Cake...
Same as JInbe in FI, but different, because it's true...Carrot doesn't have that amazing relationship with Luffy as Jinbe does... but still is a pretty good relationship, and valido for a Mugi...

I don't want to convince you that Carrot will be Nakama, (Mainly because it can not be XD), but at least i want to make realize that has chances, and not just a little bit of them XD

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
But bro, you can say legitimately that that second court on Whole Cake was kinda focused on Carrot, with Pedro's death, the Sulong, her role as a lookout...
I do already know you don't really like the character (At least as a Mugi) , and it's fine...But she got pretty good moments on Whole Cake...
Same as JInbe in FI, but different, because it's true...Carrot doesn't have that amazing relationship with Luffy as Jinbe does... but still is a pretty good relationship, and valido for a Mugi...

I don't want to convince you that Carrot will be Nakama, (Mainly because it can not be XD), but at least i want to make realize that has chances, and not just a little bit of them XD
I don't have any reason to think Carrot will be a SH outside of her just being there. It was the same for Monet, Rebecca, Viola, Pudding. Kyros etc and they all got the same arguments being used for Carrot.

Everything about Carrot is the exact opposite of what we've seen so far with the SHs, and very standard for supporting characters. Carrot's "focus" in WCI is the same as Aisa in Skypia, Paulie in Water 7, Kyros, Toko, Pudding etc, etc. Supporting characters get focus all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.