Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Yamato has a whole arc to pass this bar, so what's the problem?
Except that she doesn't. Yet another reason why her extremely late introduction continues to screw her over. The arc's in its final acts. Fights are already finishing. There's more to come with the battle against Kaido and the calamities, but there's not much left the arc has to offer. And Yamao's not even in a position where she would be able to interact with the crew.
You mean when Sanji addressed Ussop, Nami and Zoro together at the table ? Lmfao where did Sanji ever interact with Zoro at Baratie? Sanji only gave a special drink to Nami and got scolded by Ussop for serving him mushrooms. Sanji had more interaction with Luffy on Baratie than anyone else in the crew.
But please do tell again how Luffy repeatedly forgetting Yamao's name means that they're destined soulmates.
And Yamato has already interacted with Luffy and Franky.
And yet Luffy seems largely uninterested in her and Franky has no clue who she is... Completely defeating the point in the first place.
Your also using jinbe as a example and allowing his interactions from 2 different arcs Fishman Island and WCI- neither of which are the arcs where Jinbe is introduced, but your only allowing Wano for Yamato, the arc's she's introduced?? The bulk of Carrot's interaction also happened during WCI, not in the Zou Arc. Don't be a hypocrite.
I'm using examples from arcs before Jinbe joined the crew to show the interactions Oda put in place in advance. And are you really trying to be so sly as to question why Jinbe had no interactions with the straw hats in Impel Down knowing full well that there were no other straw hats present?

He didn't join after Impel Down. If he did, then that would counter my argument. Instead, he only joined after 2 additional arcs of straw hat bonding to which he was finally welcomed into the crew as a long lost family member.
All of the examples you have quoted above happened in different stages of an arc, with Franky and Jinbe's being very late into their respective arcs. If this is okay for Franky and Jinbe, why isn't okay for Yamato? Again, hypocrite much?
These are just easy examples. Jinbe and Franky both had interactions with the crew before the panels I shared. And even then, you hilariously call the timing of the shared panels "very late into their respective arcs" but it's as if you're completely ignorant to the fact that if you would look at the equivalent timestamp in Wano, it would literally be when Yamao was first introduced.

The moment in which Franky and Jinbe are having their big moments fighting alongside the straw hats in the climax of the arc after having interacted with them throughout, is comparatively only just when Yamao is first getting introduced into the story...Maybe now you'll realise how laughably behind she is.

If Oda wrote Franky like he wrote Yamao, then we wouldn't have seen:

Franky name dropped from the 6th chapter
Franky beat up Usopp
Franky vs Luffy
Franky and Usopp arguing over the merry
Franky and Usopp getting captured
Franky, Usopp and Sanji fighting through the sea train
Franky, Usopp and Sanji temporarily rescuing Robin
Franky telling Robin "It's never a crime just to exist"
Franky fighting CP9 along with the straw hats

Instead we would've met Franky for the very first time at Enies Lobby just before the battle for the keys started. He'd claim that he hates Spandam and Lucci and that he wants to fight with Luffy. Luffy would call him "Frank-guy", then instead of fighting one of the CP9 agents he'd be sent off, alongside Granny Kokoro, Chimney and Gonbe to look after Iceburg and ensure no harm came his way. Then later he'd come to stall against Lucci and Spandam, making empty claims of joining Luffy's crew all the while.
And your intentionally ignoring the fact that every straw hat who joined had a arc dedicated to them where they were the main character
I'm not ignoring anything. I'm talking about a specific "criteria" for candidates and as usual you're desperately trying to move the goalposts, fully aware that you've got absolutely nothing to talk about in this regard.
Your the one intentionally trying to downplay the importance of Yamato and Luffy's relationship
*Yamao.

Except that she doesn't. Yet another reason why her extremely late introduction continues to screw her over. The arc's in its final acts. Fights are already finishing. There's more to come with the battle against Kaido and the calamities, but there's not much left the arc has to offer. And Yamao's not even in a position where she would be able to interact with the crew.

But please do tell again how Luffy repeatedly forgetting Yamao's name means that they're destined soulmates.

And yet Luffy seems largely uninterested in her and Franky has no clue who she is... Completely defeating the point in the first place.

I'm using examples from arcs before Jinbe joined the crew to show the interactions Oda put in place in advance. And are you really trying to be so sly as to question why Jinbe had no interactions with the straw hats in Impel Down knowing full well that there were no other straw hats present?

He didn't join after Impel Down. If he did, then that would counter my argument. Instead, he only joined after 2 additional arcs of straw hat bonding to which he was finally welcomed into the crew as a long lost family member.

These are just easy examples. Jinbe and Franky both had interactions with the crew before the panels I shared. And even then, you hilariously call the timing of the shared panels "very late into their respective arcs" but it's as if you're completely ignorant to the fact that if you would look at the equivalent timestamp in Wano, it would literally be when Yamao was first introduced.

The moment in which Franky and Jinbe are having their big moments fighting alongside the straw hats in the climax of the arc after having interacted with them throughout, is comparatively only just when Yamao is first getting introduced into the story...Maybe now you'll realise how laughably behind she is.

Franky beat up Usopp
Franky vs Luffy

Instead we would've met Franky for the very first time at Enies Lobby just before the battle for the keys started. He'd claim that he hates Spandam and Lucci and that he wants to fight with Luffy. Luffy would call him "Frank-guy", then instead of fighting one of the CP9 agents he'd be sent off, alongside Granny Kokoro, Chimney and Gonbe to look after Iceburg and ensure no harm came his way. Then later he'd come to stall against Lucci and Spandam, making empty claims of joining Luffy's crew all the while.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm talking about a specific "criteria" for candidates and as usual you're desperately trying to move the goalposts, fully aware that you've got absolutely nothing to talk about in this regard.

*Yamao.
Ennis Lobby was only 56 chapters total. The raid is already longer than that whole arc with no end in sight. If Franky was introduced once the battle for the keys started he wouldn't have had nearly enough time to be developed. Yamato has been around for quite a while now. There has been plenty of time to devote to developing her story, and it's clearly not done either. You're also severely underestimating the importance of protecting momo. It's more like when Luffy asked Franky to protect Robin.

Also way to ignore the Ace connection, the backstory with the villain, the fact that she's been waiting for Luffy specifically for years, and Luffy freeing her from her shackles. Change Iceburg for Robin, add all that and give Franky 60+ chapters to develop instead of like 20 and I think your hypothetical alternate universe Franky is still a compelling case.

Last edited:
Ennis Lobby was only 56 chapters total. The raid is already longer than that whole arc with no end in sight. If Franky was introduced once the battle for the keys started he wouldn't have had nearly enough time to be developed. Yamato has been around for quite a while now. There has been plenty of time to devote to developing her story, and it's clearly not done either. You're also severely underestimating the importance of protecting momo. It's more like when Luffy asked Franky to protect Robin.
If Yamato stills with this Oden thing, would you still saying he'll be a Nakama?

Robin's introduction to the crew was at the end of Alabasta, and her character development went through Skypiea and didn't finish until and up until Enies Lobby, the same timeframe where Robin interacted with the crew. If oda can do it for Robin why can't he do it for Yamato?

So with Carrot crying over Pedro blowing himself up to help the Straw hats gets closer to the dawn of the world, and Yamato safeguarding a Momo for the dawn of the world, it implies there may be another Straw Hat whose role it is to specifically work towards achieving that. If that’s the case, then whom do you think is more likely to have that as their dream?

So with Carrot crying over Pedro blowing himself up to help the Straw hats gets closer to the dawn of the world, and Yamato safeguarding a Momo for the dawn of the world, it implies there may be another Straw Hat whose role it is to specifically work towards achieving that. If that’s the case, then whom do you think is more likely to have that as their dream?
A Gigant, but Kinemon is better to guard Momo. And deserves mor the role.

Yamato hasn't joined just yet either, and neither has Carrot, your point is moot. If carrot is allowed multiple arcs to develop before joining but still sail with them, why isn't Yamato? If Jinbe is allowed to continue and finish his interactions with the straw hats he hadn't had the chance to interact with before joining AKA Impel Down and Fishman Island and still sail with them, why isn't Yamato?

Franky beat up Usopp
Franky vs Luffy

And Robin Joined right at the end of Alabasta, why is she still on the crew if her development didn't finish in the arc she was introduced?

Excuse me? That's a new one for me. How does it go against freedom and One Piece?
One thing is against is the idea of being yourself and being proud of who you are. Yamato being Oden does go against that

but personally I think it’s useless to create hypotheticals about it. Luffy has already made it clear he doesn’t like that, Yamato wether she joins or not will let go of that

One thing is against is the idea of being yourself and being proud of who you are. Yamato being Oden does go against that

but personally I think it’s useless to create hypotheticals about it. Luffy has already made it clear he doesn’t like that, Yamato wether she joins or not will let go of that
She's not claiming she's not Yamato though. Remember "I am Oden, but my other name is Yamato!" There's no indication that she doesn't accept who she is.

Lmfao stop the bullshitting, I've responded to all the claims you have made.

You're only talking about 'specifics' that you can't lose to, changing to a new argument every time your debunked on your previous one, while ignoring and dismissing the other arguments, and not just mine, but other people's too. How many times have you changed Yamato's reasons for not joining the crew and Carrot's for joining the crew?

You still never replied to the other debate we had, the one i replied to you in green text. Instead you just said; "i ain't reading all that' and left.

If there's anyone who's been constantly moving the goalpost, its definitely you.

:gokulaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.