Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t you all know what these Carrot-stans are trying to do? They’re not stupid. They see the writing on the wall and know that Yamato is being hyped as the next strawhat, but they have spent years stanning for a character who’s never shown any interest in joining the crew. Carrot just wanted an overnight adventure, and they’re trying to force her onto the crew for reasons. They just don’t want to admit they’re wrong and lose seeing their baby Carrot for the next five-seven years. Even though they’ve only seen her once in the past year and don’t seem to have a problem with her absence.

So what do they do? They craft elaborate, tailor made criteria that only Carrot matches and ignore everything else. Why would they do this? So when Oda inevitably has the crew sail away without Carrot, with or without Yamato, they can lament that Oda’s a terrible writer and he burned them as fans. It’s not their fault they believed Carrot would join (which was never going to happen), it’s Oda’s. It’s laying the groundwork to gaslight us later into feeling sorry for them and complain about Oda being a shit writer, and I ain’t falling for it.

I wouldn’t have a problem with entertaining the idea in most cases. Most fans like both Carrot and Yamato. Hell, I have fun imagining people like Tama or Hancock on the crew, but I don’t think they’re going to ever happen. It’s pretty difficult not to like the good guys Oda has created. The problem is when people ignore, misconstrue, and straight up mansplain Yamato’s true intentions. Carrot takes a lot of leaps of logic to argue for her to be on the crew. Yamato has literally asked to join and needs that want addressed by the end of the arc. One is clearly worth discussing since it needs to be addressed, the other is pure conjecture. It’s that simple.
Carrot doesn't actually even fit the criteria they're using to disqualify Yamato. The only ones they talk about are meeting all the strawhats, having a role, and having a dream, but if you look at the metaphorical checklist they took those two points from, you see that Yamato fits basically all of them, including the dream, while Carrot only fits those three.

I don't think they're being disingenuous in the slightest, and I still think Carrot might join in addition to Yamato, but you're definitely right that there's some weird ass criteria being thrown around. Since when was meeting all the strawhats before joining more important than having a major flashback or having a character focused arc?

Either say that all nakama must meet the pre-established pattern 100% thus disqualifying Yamato, but also disqualifying Carrot, or say that not all the strawhat criteria must be met leaving them both as options.

Honestly it would be funny if neither carrot nor Yamato joined.

Carrot to not join she needs to decide that this is not her time. Otherwise she’ll just sneak back on the ship. I think she has matured and will decide to stay back on Zou for a bit.
Many theorize (I included) that Inu is going to die in wano. As such, as her relative it’s possible the minks will look to Wanda as the next Duke. Carrot may stay back to support her. I do believe that she may recreate the Nox pirates later in her life or even at the end of the story and become a fleet captain but I do think that she May want to return with her people.

Yamato would need to die. That is the only way to keep her from sailing away on Luffys ship. Even if Luffy says no she’ll join. She has the same determination as Oden did back in the day. Although it’s possible that Oda would kill her off as her two idols notably sacrificed themselves for the leaders of this alliance (Luffy Momo and the Scabbards) it would be fitting for her to sacrifice herself to preserve it. I like Yamato so I hope she joins the crew instead tho.

Still pulling for vivi to return. As Sabo has Luffys vivre card I can imagine him giving a piece of it to Vivi to allow her to reunite with Luffy as she now has no where to go

Don’t you all know what these Carrot-stans are trying to do? They’re not stupid. They see the writing on the wall and know that Yamato is being hyped as the next strawhat, but they have spent years stanning for a character who’s never shown any interest in joining the crew. Carrot just wanted an overnight adventure, and they’re trying to force her onto the crew for reasons. They just don’t want to admit they’re wrong and lose seeing their baby Carrot for the next five-seven years. Even though they’ve only seen her once in the past year and don’t seem to have a problem with her absence.

So what do they do? They craft elaborate, tailor made criteria that only Carrot matches and ignore everything else. Why would they do this? So when Oda inevitably has the crew sail away without Carrot, with or without Yamato, they can lament that Oda’s a terrible writer and he burned them as fans. It’s not their fault they believed Carrot would join (which was never going to happen), it’s Oda’s. It’s laying the groundwork to gaslight us later into feeling sorry for them and complain about Oda being a shit writer, and I ain’t falling for it.
I wouldn’t have a problem with entertaining the idea in most cases. Most fans like both Carrot and Yamato. Hell, I have fun imagining people like Tama or Hancock on the crew, but I don’t think they’re going to ever happen. It’s pretty difficult not to like the good guys Oda has created. The problem is when people ignore, misconstrue, and straight up mansplain Yamato’s true intentions. Carrot takes a lot of leaps of logic to argue for her to be on the crew. Yamato has literally asked to join and needs that want addressed by the end of the arc. One is clearly worth discussing since it needs to be addressed, the other is pure conjecture. It’s that simple.
Than why oda and the anime for that matter keep showing her with the strawhats like jimbei reunion and her following the crew in onahashima and give her a role on the ship and why give her a reason to follow the crew with pedro. Dude yeah if carrot do not join the crew than there enough reason to think oda been trolling us.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Than why oda and the anime for that matter keep showing her with the strawhats like jimbei reunion and her following the crew in onahashima and give her a role on the ship and why give her a reason to follow the crew with pedro. Dude yeah if carrot do not join the crew than there enough reason to think oda been trolling us.
Y’all keep forgetting that this is where the argument falls apart; if it doesn’t happen in a chapter before it happens in an episode, it simply isn’t canon, full stop. Carrot may have been present for some of that in the manga (and virtually worthless beyond simply existing in those spaces), but anything on top of that in the anime isn’t legitimate when it comes to the events as they *officially* transpired. Truly stunning how many supposed weebs here don’t grasp that basic concept…

And yet Luffy seems largely uninterested in her and Franky has no clue who she is... Completely defeating the point in the first place.
Counting the chickens before they hatch again are we? What did i say to you the other day about Yamato vs Kaido attracting more attention than Carrot ever will? Arguments like these should be used carefully, cause they are only valid for so long before they cease being valid. Jinbe will die in WCI was a argument that you held on to so tightly, refusing to budge, until the inevitable happened and Jinbe joined the crew.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for proving my point.
Post automatically merged:

We all know this, every Yamato fan knows what the Carrot-stans are trying to do.

They've done this before by pulling the same crocodile tears and crying foul when Jinbe didn't die on WCI. Yamato fans like me are just trying to argue with the carrot stans, while also fishing as many Likes along the way before the Wano Arc ends, by which then Yamato would have already joined the crew and the debate of Carrot vs Yamato for Straw Hat will cease to be relevant.

:myman:

Last edited:

wait, where’s Carrot? Why there are only 10 boozes instead of 11?

it’s not Oda trolling with “us” but your expectations disappoint you.

yeah focus on one thing and forget everything that happened before and after
isn’t it ironic that you’re the one who brought up about anime, and you completely ignore the current anime? “Oda and anime” well yeah it’s obvious that Oda & anime trying to ignore Carrot from this point on. They even added Yamato scene smashing boulder which is absent in manga.

isn’t it ironic that you’re the one who brought up about anime, and you completely ignore the current anime? “Oda and anime” well yeah it’s obvious that Oda & anime trying to ignore Carrot from this point on. They even added Yamato scene smashing boulder which is absent in manga.
She already in the preview of the next episode, And you know she will follow the strawhats in onagashima. She already bond with the crew and have shown to have a role on the ship something even vivi and momo did not have,

calm yourself she already in the preview of the next episode, And you know she will follow the strawhats in onagashima. She already bond with the crew and have shown to have a role on the ship something even vivi and momo did not have,
Follow the Straw Hats in Onigashima? Yes, only to be f-ed up by Perospero while tag-teaming with Wanda in Sulong form; which I can’t wait how it turns out in the anime. Bond with the crew? Well Vivi had the X-mark tattooed on her hand showing that Vivi treasures SHP as her nakama. Carrot has none about it.

Carrot fans can’t see the importance of toasting scene, and keep ignoring the fact that Carrot isn’t there during toast scene means she’s never been relevant to the Straw Hats, Oda or anime. She’s just someone who tags along

Follow the Straw Hats in Onigashima? Yes, only to be f-ed up by Perospero while tag-teaming with Wanda in Sulong form; which I can’t wait how it turns out in the anime. Bond with the crew? Well Vivi had the X-mark tattooed on her hand showing that Vivi treasures SHP as her nakama. Carrot has none about it.
Yeah she fed up with perospero because she still need devloppement she still has her own story then when she be devlopped enough ( she does not need a flashback) she will join the crew. Carrot bonded with the crew and i was comparing with vivi and momo for the role on the ship. She can easily have her place on the crew.

Yeah she fed up with perospero because she still need devloppement she still has her own story then when she be devlopped enough ( she does not need a flashback) she will join the crew. Carrot bonded with the crew and i was comparing with vivi and momo for the role on the ship. She can easily have her place on the crew.
what role is important for Carrot? Lookout? A crew where 4 of them are proficient enough in using Haki, and Usopp has also has CoO, is it really important to have a lookout? Vivi’s role back then as a Straw Hat’s unofficial diplomat was way more important. If not because of Vivi persuade Luffy not to attack the villagers in Drum Kingdom, bowing to the villagers and pleading for help, Nami would’ve been a goner.

and again, Carrot doesn’t have any main villain so far. Every single Straw Hat was once under the influence of the main villain before they officially joined (except Luffy)

Zoro - Morgan; Nami - Arlong; Usopp - Kuro; Sanji - Krieg; Chopper - Wapol; Robin - Crocodile; Franky - Spandam; Brook - Moria; Jimbei - Big Mom.

like I mentioned earlier, Carrot doesn’t have main villain to fight nor terrible past to be a Straw Hat. Straw Hats are Straw Hats because they share the pain together, that’s why they’re more like a family instead of just partners.

Carrot fans can’t see the importance of toasting scene, and keep ignoring the fact that Carrot isn’t there during toast scene means she’s never been relevant to the Straw Hats, Oda or anime. She’s just someone who tags along
The ironic thing about the toast scene is that Luffy held it off, even though Jinbe had already joined up with them and is present. Carrot was also present. If Carrot and Jinbe were truly the last straw hats, Luffy would have gone ahead with the toast. The fact that he didn't, while in the anime, in the same episode showed Yamato, just confirms that she is the new straw and not Carrot.

The latest anime episode actually works to Carrot's disadvantage and Yamato's advantage, not vice versa.

H

humanbeing

Carrot will join but not official , she will stow away . she acts already like a crewmate when she is there remember welcoming Jinbe. so don't expect her to ask Luffy for joining or that Luffy will asks her.

Status
Not open for further replies.