Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pretty ironic that Oda feels that spending too long on a fight slows the series down too much and he can’t do it anymore. And it’s not jsut fights, it’s any scene in general, he seems to feel if he doesn’t show five different scenes a chapter he’s not going fast enough. It’s a minor miracle the rooftop fight got the focus it did

Cause, really, I think the pacing would have been a lot better if instead of having two pages of a fight one chapter, then a panel of it six chapters later, then it being the majority of a fight in another seven chapters, he just focused on it all at once.

Things really would have flowed a lot smoother if
-Oda didn’t delay Luffy getting to the top until Chapter 1000 exaclty. Could probably have happened around 3/4 chapters earlier.
-we didn‘t get that break in the rooftop fight where not all that much happened. Just keep the focus on it going from when Luffy first got there to when all 5e Worst Gen left the roof
-then cut below, announce Luffy had lost, a quick two to three chapters of setting up anything that needed setting up (really just what happens to Yamato, Momo and the Scabbards, and I suppose Chopper curing the plague) and then just deal with each plotline on it’s own without cutting to something else.

I think with planning we could be both further in the arc and have had better fights. The spell between 990 and 1000, and 1004 to 1009, have really dragged the arc.

It’s pretty ironic that Oda feels that spending too long on a fight slows the series down too much and he can’t do it anymore. And it’s not jsut fights, it’s any scene in general, he seems to feel if he doesn’t show five different scenes a chapter he’s not going fast enough. It’s a minor miracle the rooftop fight got the focus it did

Cause, really, I think the pacing would have been a lot better if instead of having two pages of a fight one chapter, then a panel of it six chapters later, then it being the majority of a fight in another seven chapters, he just focused on it all at once.

Things really would have flowed a lot smoother if
-Oda didn’t delay Luffy getting to the top until Chapter 1000 exaclty. Could probably have happened around 3/4 chapters earlier.
-we didn‘t get that break in the rooftop fight where not all that much happened. Just keep the focus on it going from when Luffy first got there to when all 5e Worst Gen left the roof
-then cut below, announce Luffy had lost, a quick two to three chapters of setting up anything that needed setting up (really just what happens to Yamato, Momo and the Scabbards, and I suppose Chopper curing the plague) and then just deal with each plotline on it’s own without cutting to something else.

I think with planning we could be both further in the arc and have had better fights. The spell between 990 and 1000, and 1004 to 1009, have really dragged the arc.
Also add in the huge amount of set up he did in act 1 and 2

Interesting, before both WsW and Sasaki get "defeated(not clear yet)", in previous pages, the flying six get hyped and dramatily get hit by one strawhat. In case very unreal for Oda to make such statements right before the opponent get "defeated":

Sasaki not just speak about himself, the speak overall of the flying six, us.
I think I feel what Oda is setting up now, wouldn´t be surprise if we also get a similar page about hyping the flying six before Black Maria get "defeated"..

Feel a twist soon around the flying six members.
@Paperchampion23 , @Bounty , @Hanzo hattori , @Tejas , @MonsterKaido

What do you expect? He is hiding in a huge mecha with meter thick walls made out of wapo metal. He isn't fighting himself and he isn't the one taking the damage.

I would prefer Franky to fight himself, but he is obviously too weak for the F6 without the Franky Shogun.
It's absolutely a fair game considering he is facing an ancient df user which allows tons protection not much different from Franky shogun in that sense

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Oda is holding Franky back way too much... In Dressrosa he restricted him to punches and suplex because it was a manly battle...
Now, he restricted him to Shogun only... Franky has a lot more to offer. The guy didnt even use up his cola supplies, not to mention that he wasnt forced to show anything new...

The executives of Beast Pirates are falling way too easily, the battle is developing way too smoothly in favor of the good guys, there has to be a catch in all of this... I wonder if Kaido has a special ability, something akin to hypnosis, a dragon roar that wakes up all the defeated executives and forces them to fight again, a forced Awakening maybe... Throwback to Jango hypnotizing Buchi.

Yamato is too good for a straw hat
I will take endless storage Caribou over Yamato for nakama, her hybrid looks ugly, we hopefully wont get to see it too often.

@Lukegranders Luke mah boi, stay until ZKK at least, 11 hard months more is doable. How can a Zoro fan give up now?

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Oda is holding Franky back way too much... In Dressrosa he restricted him to punches and suplex because it was a manly battle...
Now, he restricted him to Shogun only... Franky has a lot more to offer. The guy didnt even use up his cola supplies, not to mention that he wasnt forced to show anything new...

The executives of Beast Pirates are falling way too easily, the battle is developing way too smoothly in favor of the good guys, there has to be a catch in all of this... I wonder if Kaido has a special ability, something akin to hypnosis, a dragon roar that wakes up all the defeated executives and forces them to fight again, a forced Awakening maybe... Throwback to Jango hypnotizing Buchi.

I will take endless storage Caribou over Yamato for nakama, her hybrid looks ugly, we hopefully wont get to see it too often.

@Lukegranders Luke mah boi, stay until ZKK at least, 11 hard months more is doable. How can a Zoro fan give up now?
B-but he is a zoro fan:gokulaugh:

Interesting, before both WsW and Sasaki get "defeated(not clear yet)", in previous pages, the flying six get hyped and dramatily get hit by one strawhat. In case very unreal for Oda to make such statements right before the opponent get "defeated":

I think I feel what Oda is setting up now, wouldn´t be surprise if we also get a similar page about hyping the flying six before Black Maria get "defeated"..

Or it could be to hype up both Jinbe and Franky.

Sasaki's words literally screams last ditch attempt at the end

People are just plain blind if they don't see that none of these flying six fights are over. Even page 1 and ulti are getting back up

Very nice chapter.
Sanji fighting a YC2 a thinking about Franky was very cool
Sasaki was ok. Even though oda again didn't show haki.........
Maybe zoro will teach Franky about swordsmanship? I think it would be cool for strawhats to exchange knowledge and techniques. Best example comes to mind is sanji not throwing rankyaku while he could put most rokushiki users to shame when it comes to leg techniques. And zoro not flying while his legs are extremely powerful.. (And underrated to the pits of hell.. on a side note) Let's see if oda drop the: it's strawhat should be unique idea..

#seth#
I don't know if you see this.
About king and haki i believe oda will give him CoC. One bad think about oda is when it comes to the next big fights after luffy he doesn't give us what he should in my opinion at least.
I don't remember Jack using any type of haki and he has lost two times until now. Queen the same thing taking hits from big mom and Marco almost tkoed from big mon and still we didn't see any sign of haki.
It's oda's writing mistake that even cracker seems stronger than Queen or even king but i believe he will give something to the fans.. 🙏🙏.
Sorry for my English.

This what happens when he doesnt listen to a wise man like me, I told him long ago that Zoro and Luffy are the main characters if One Piece and that all other characters are there to support their way to becoming the strongest. All other super Novas will come irrelevant coming the end of the story some already are. Only Black Beard will rival Luffy soon and thats all.

All those "Sanji > Yamato" fans and "Monster Trio forever" fans trying to damage control right now be like:

Remember when Sanji FC thought it was gonna be King vs Sanji? :mihanha:
yes , we are saying yamato > monster trio anymore .d.d
Post automatically merged:

All those "Sanji > Yamato" fans and "Monster Trio forever" fans trying to damage control right now be like:

Remember when Sanji FC thought it was gonna be King vs Sanji? :mihanha:
joking aside , oda showed one more time , he does not care power scalling a little bit .

yes , we are saying yamato > monster trio anymore .d.d
Post automatically merged:

joking aside , oda showed one more time , he does not care power scalling a little bit .
Yes, he does. :myman:

Luffy, Zoro, and Yamato proved themselves against Hybrid Kaido the World's Strongest Creature. :steef:

Sanji is trying to prove himself against Lueen the Gag. :suresure:

Status
Not open for further replies.