Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding colour theory, I have quite a theory about it and you’ve mentioned before. There are 2 shades of 6 main rainbow colors: red orange yellow green blue purple

coincidentally, the main 6 are 6 most human / normal looking crew:

Luffy Zoro Nami Usopp Sanji Robin

and for the shades part, it’s pretty much like “stronger” or “weaker”. Pink is “weaker” shade of red, like how Chopper is weaker than Luffy. Cyan is “weaker” shade of blue, and that’s why Franky is weaker than Sanji. Then we have Ochre, which is “stronger” shade of yellow, and therefore Jinbe is stronger than Usopp. Like you said each main 6 color has 2 shades:

Shades of red - Luffy & Chopper
Shades of orange - Nami & ?
Shades of yellow - Usopp & Jinbe
Shades of green - Zoro & ?
Shades of blue - Sanji & Franky
Shades of purple - Robin & ?

Brook’s color is Black & White because he’s the balancing of “stronger” & “weaker”
imo, Yamato will get purple
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...w-members-and-the-grand-fleet.79/post-1631202
the thing on her kimono (tsuna?) is the same thing Oden wore, and its the same color as well. i think that will be her signature going forward

I believe Luffy will surely acquire two new GF allies from each Wano and Zou or at least I hope so where they each have a leader and followers like current GF captains. It doesn’t necessarily have to become pirate crews.

A closer look at why Yamao's big anticipated df reveal was so underwhelming and doesn't compare to actual straw hats.

We can first look at some of the straw hats big ability reveals to see the similarities.
There's always a set up to showcasing their abilities. A scenario specifically created to highlight how cool the future straw hats are. Pell got hyped up as Alabasta's strongest warrior and whopped a bunch of fodder, only for Robin to utterly humiliate him in the very next chapter. The hype for Pell was mainly there just to hype up Robin. Or how the spider monkey managed to capture both Franky and Robin only to hear Brook's eerie humming echoing around the castles before he insta blitzes the monkey.

Oda loves to put on a performance to really drum up what the future straw hats are capable of. The very first time we see them show off is always something memorable. They're always the main focus of the chapter for their reveals. I'll make the obvious comparison.
Carrot's transformation should by all means be inferior to Yamao's. Sulong is a transformation that all the minks can do, whereas Yamao ate a mythical zoan desired by Kaido himself. But yet the hype is completely reversed. The difference between the presentation of the two is heaven and earth. With Carrot we had:

-A big problem specifically created for her to counter and give her the spotlight
-A double page spread of her transformation detailing even changes to eyes, tail and hair
-A full page panel giving a big closeup of her amazing design
-Oda has every single present straw hat comment on just how incredible she looks
-Her fighting style is shown in its full glory on yet another double page spread
-The chapter is named after her
-Big onomatopeia around her transformation
-Editor's comment hypes up Carrot's strength

Now let's look at Yamao:

-Zero narrative build up whatsoever to her hybrid reveal
-Off panelled transformation
-The first panel revealing her full form had to be shared with Kaido's own hybrid design
-Confusing reveal since the fruit wasn't named in the moment
-Something as insignificant as Franky vs Sasaki was more prominent than Yamao's hybrid design reveal
-Didn't have the chapter named after her
-She's losing
-Onomatopeia surrounds her statement about being Oden instead of her transformation
-Even the editor's comment talks about her dedication to Wano instead of referencing her design or df

Carrot was fighting fodders and Yamao was fighting hybrid Kaido yet the former's Sulong moment completely and utterly outshines the latter's df reveal. And for good reason.

A closer look at why Yamao's big anticipated df reveal was so underwhelming and doesn't compare to actual straw hats.

We can first look at some of the straw hats big ability reveals to see the similarities.
There's always a set up to showcasing their abilities. A scenario specifically created to highlight how cool the future straw hats are. Pell got hyped up as Alabasta's strongest warrior and whopped a bunch of fodder, only for Robin to utterly humiliate him in the very next chapter. The hype for Pell was mainly there just to hype up Robin. Or how the spider monkey managed to capture both Franky and Robin only to hear Brook's eerie humming echoing around the castles before he insta blitzes the monkey.

Oda loves to put on a performance to really drum up what the future straw hats are capable of. The very first time we see them show off is always something memorable. They're always the main focus of the chapter for their reveals. I'll make the obvious comparison.
Carrot's transformation should by all means be inferior to Yamao's. Sulong is a transformation that all the minks can do, whereas Yamao ate a mythical zoan desired by Kaido himself. But yet the hype is completely reversed. The difference between the presentation of the two is heaven and earth. With Carrot we had:

-A big problem specifically created for her to counter and give her the spotlight
-A double page spread of her transformation detailing even changes to eyes, tail and hair
-A full page panel giving a big closeup of her amazing design
-Oda has every single present straw hat comment on just how incredible she looks
-Her fighting style is shown in its full glory on yet another double page spread
-The chapter is named after her
-Big onomatopeia around her transformation
-Editor's comment hypes up Carrot's strength

Now let's look at Yamao:

-Zero narrative build up whatsoever to her hybrid reveal
-Off panelled transformation
-The first panel revealing her full form had to be shared with Kaido's own hybrid design
-Confusing reveal since the fruit wasn't named in the moment
-Something as insignificant as Franky vs Sasaki was more prominent than Yamao's hybrid design reveal
-Didn't have the chapter named after her
-She's losing
-Onomatopeia surrounds her statement about being Oden instead of her transformation
-Even the editor's comment talks about her dedication to Wano instead of referencing her design or df

Carrot was fighting fodders and Yamao was fighting hybrid Kaido yet the former's Sulong moment completely and utterly outshines the latter's df reveal. And for good reason.
Doesnt even change the fact that carrot is irrelevant lol

I like the look of Yamato’s transformation. It’s very different to other Zoans we have, which is a good thing

But I can’t deny being disappointed by how the reveal was managed.

Still a lot to come from it with it being unnamed, the story behind what Kaido wants it for, and there’s always room for the full Zoan version to perhaps have a more emphatic first glimpse, but it was jumped through to rather abruptly and quickly for my liking.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
We know Yamato will join... But I still can't see her role on the ship... People say Oden. Yeah cool can she read Poneglyphs? So she can't be Oden at all... Maybe log keeper.

one thing I find strange about her story as well... She cosplays Oden, but not using his fighting style or at least katanas is not the main point... Oden wanted to see the world and have adventures.... So wants she. But difference is...the SHs won't sail backwards and have much adventures left in the future...
That log keeping is as much of a bullshit as the role people want Carrot as a lookout or someone.

She won't join until she becomes herself. Even Luffy told her there was only one Oden and yet it still seems she wasn't mentally cured from that.

On the other hand, there is an argument of "Who will protect Wano".

Scrubbards will die to the first better invasion from Marine Fleet lead by Momonga.

I even think some of Tobi Roppo and maybe one All Star might switch sides and remain on Wano.

No one strong will remain on Wano after Straw Hats leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.