Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Selfishly Went to WCI to deal with his issues couldnt and put his crew in danger and got bailed out by Luffy, even after kicking Luffy in the face. That's pretty selfish by most standards on here. Zoro's speech on Zou summed it up perfectly for me and most others on here

My personal opinion is if Oda wanted Sanji to have CoC, in the year of Sanji, Oda would have given it to him in WCI, but that was not the case. My other opinion is when Judge was disrespecting Sanji at the end of the arc, was also the other hint of Sanji not being a conqueror. The whole arc you have your up and down moments with your family only in the end for Judge to think the same way he basically did in the beginning of the arc.
What was his choice to not go to WCI? Only brook Nami and chopper were in Zou with him and they were held as hostages and Zeffs life was threatened as well. If he didn’t go Zeff would be killed and you don’t honestly think Baratie can hold of Germa 66.

See and I took it differently, Oda wasn’t going to give Sanji CoC when only part of the crew was there. I’ve always been an adamant advocate that Zoro and Sanji will awaken it in the same arc. And this is the arc. Onigashima isn’t just wano, it’s the ending to both wano and WCI and the entirety of the 4 emperors saga.

Again, in Sanji and judges fight, Sanji got the last laugh. He freed him, spared his life, made him kneel, then told him the same thing judge told Sanji when he was a kid that Judge is not Sanjis father. That’s why Judge never even spoke to Sanji at the end. He asked Luffy. He was trying to gauge the kind of person Luffy was.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
Can you stop relying on Japanese/Chinese culture and make up your own mind about what the characters say?

Marco literally said it's up to the new generation to take care of Kaido and that he will take care of what's going on in the dome.

Yamato literally said she will fight until Luffy returns, she will surely be out after that

Momonosuke wtf?
zkk won't happen:josad::josad::josad:

its not something i agree with all the time but i understand it. there's a great scene where Luffy is explaining to the crew that they fit together because they do things for each other that the others cant, like luffy can't cook, or sing and play music, or navigate, but he has crewmates who can.

the implication of zoro's only job being "combatant" is that he's equal or better than luffy as a fighter, but luffy has other qualities that make him a captain. (and he does, luffy is the one willing to go out of his way to help people and keep everyones dreams alive and do the right thing, if zoro were in charge he'd be like "fuck them kids. we're going to murder everyone and leave" on every island)
Yeah this is why it was said that Lucci would kill the entire crew if Luffy couldn’t beat him

Wow i just read the additional info about Robin and Brook.. Robin is taking a massive W for being able to strike her loved ones illusions!
But man Brook is pulling out a Kiku.. That's dissapointing

It’s the same, they both give a one liner and it end with said characters face. You even have fodder crying about WsW in chapter 1018
Lmao, you know you are strawmanning this argument.

It is literally not the same occurrence. I also find it fascinating how you can argue that for Jinbe but not for Franky. Both fights are entirely transitioned from without knowing the outcome. It's literally plain as day. Jinbe's dialogue has nothing to do with him winning. Franky has no dialogue. Fodder dialogue has nothing to do with WsW losing, they are just saying his name. Sasaki has no fodder dialogue.

How about you wait for scenes to return with Jinbe/Franky first before claiming their fights are over? It's unlike anything else we've had in the series. I've given you examples as to why it's not the same, we don't have clear moments of victory for these fights.

What was his choice to not go to WCI? Only brook Nami and chopper were in Zou with him and they were held as hostages and Zeffs life was threatened as well. If he didn’t go Zeff would be killed and you don’t honestly think Baratie can hold of Germa 66.

See and I took it differently, Oda wasn’t going to give Sanji CoC when only part of the crew was there. I’ve always been an adamant advocate that Zoro and Sanji will awaken it in the same arc. And this is the arc. Onigashima isn’t just wano, it’s the ending to both wano and WCI and the entirety of the 4 emperors saga.

Again, in Sanji and judges fight, Sanji got the last laugh. He freed him, spared his life, made him kneel, then told him the same thing judge told Sanji when he was a kid that Judge is not Sanjis father. That’s why Judge never even spoke to Sanji at the end. He asked Luffy. He was trying to gauge the kind of person Luffy was.
Not go to WCI would have been a great choice. Would have saved us 2 years. The easiest answer is always the most simple answer.

The Zeff thing proved that SHs were never a top priority for Sanji even after Posttimeskip, also he gets married they can still do the same thing and kill them anyways.

Sanji lost to Judge anyways so that's that.

Can you stop relying on Japanese/Chinese culture and make up your own mind about what the characters say?

Marco literally said it's up to the new generation to take care of Kaido and that he will take care of what's going on in the dome.

Yamato literally said she will fight until Luffy returns, she will surely be out after that

Momonosuke wtf?
Marco, Yamato, Luffy and Momonosuke = keys to defeating the Oni as per the tale

Momonosuke is literally the one about to take Luffy to Kaido. Yamato is currently fighting Kaido and Marco will show up at some point.
Post automatically merged:

hes just listing them in bounty order isnt he? urouge is just saying like "the second one, with 120 million, doesnt look like he'd obey anyone" iirc. anyway this is chapter 499 which is before stephen paul got hired
sandman translation

Urouge: "Thay guy (Zoro) has a high bounty despite his 2nd in command position. Zoro doesn't look like a person who obeys others"

No I can't read Japanese lol...Him referring to Zoro as second because of bounty is YOUR interpretation.
He's mentioning that Zoro is worthy 120 millions yet he's second within his crew, which at the same time makes Luffy impressive. Again, you don't need to read Japanese, it's not hard to identify that Urouge never, ever refers to him as the first mate. But it's funny to see you being so apologetic about an English translation even though I'm bringing you the original text in panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.