Powers & Abilities Did Zoro use Conquerors Haki waaay back in chapter 997?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
But I think it's hard to argue that "Zoro undeniably used CoC" there is the message being conveyed
yeah fair enough, i think the artwork alone makes it very clear that zoro used conquerors over there. im pretty sure that the anime will expand on this scene so we might get confirmation there.
Post automatically merged:

whelps might even go through every single instance of conquerors haki being flexed in the series to find the pattern that oda maintains when drawing the conquerors haki release.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I don't think so, but now I expect Zoro to cause earthquakes thanks to his CoC in future
look at the panels where luffy used CoC at marineford and when zoro uses CoC at the live floor and tell me the difference bro.
zoro used conquerors haki and wouldve probably knocked some fodder out. brook sensed it and brook knows exactly what CoC is.

It was masked by the earthquake kaido caused when he sent onigashima flying.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The simple answer is No. Zoro denied using CoC. The cause of the earthquake as stated by Yamato was the doing of Kaido who sent Oni island floating.
he denied causing the earthquake. he never denied using CoC. read the official translation. also look at the artwork for zoro's panel in 997 and luffy's panel in marineford from my post.
Post automatically merged:

isnt that just because he shout that slice to pieces shit?
look at the artwork for luffy's conquerors haki scene at marineford and zoro's panel here.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
he denied causing the earthquake. he never denied using CoC. read the official translation. also look at the artwork for zoro's panel in 997 and luffy's panel in marineford from my post.
I am looking at the official translation now.

Brook: is it haki? The supreme king? What have you done you beastly man!

Zoro: you know I didn’t do this.

It’s clear Zoro denies using CoC. And don’t talk about the drawing. Look at the context of this chapter, the earthquake happens later Black Maria says “So impatient” afterwards Yamato says it’s Kaido’s doing and on the last page a confirmation from Kaido to have moved a whole island to the sky.

It’s obvious. Let’s not force something that doesn’t exist.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
the earthquake happens later Black Maria says “So impatient” afterwards Yamato says it’s Kaido’s doing and on the last page a confirmation from Kaido to have moved a whole island to the sky.
why is the earth shattering the zoro panel then? earthquakes just dont happen like that. black maria reacted to it and the panel was shown later but its all simultaneously happening.

Brook: is it haki? The supreme king? What have you done you beastly man!
he asks about the colour of conquerors. what have you dont you beastly man refers more to him causing the earthquake. the fodders literally state that this person's anger shook the ground or something. brook has experienced CoC multiple times before when luffy used it. there's no way he's gonna misjudge what zoro's doing and call it differently.

Zoro: you know I didn’t do this.
again only denies the resulting earthquake and not the usage of CoC.

I am looking at the official translation now.
i did post the official translation in my original post.

And don’t talk about the drawing.
why not? when oda has literally maintained the same drawing at almost every instance when someone used conquerors like that? i really think that the anime will show zoro using conquerors at that point like they already did with episode 984.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
No, If you're looking for Zoro using Coc then this is a better example
look at the marineford panel and zoro panel from the original post and tell me the difference bro. here as well , its pretty obvious that oda is trying to maintain that consistency with those lines around the eyes. oda cleverly masked zoro's moment with the earthquake.

i might even take a bet whether the anime will show conquerors in that scene or not.